Mid-August Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SirMajorCodpiece

08-12-2012

seems good I like the idea about the friend's list changes. After a while you get so many people you can't remember things about them, like where you know them from, or as you guys said, what they're good at.

The update to varus seems good too. I never really see too many people taking advantage of his ult either unfortunately. Poor varus.

Comments about Zyra from a non-zyra player THANK YOU FOR THE NERF!

Thats all

Ps please update galio, he's under-appreciated and his ult doesn't deal much damage (sometimes it seems like nothing at all) if its cancelled. And it cancels at EVERYTHING that is not basic attacks -_- If you guys could figure something out, i will love riot for a long time :P

I3IOX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2012

In my understanding, Garen never had problems with armor/cds. His late game problem is related to a poor scaling with AD, wich made him obligatory an early game ganker. With that change he will be less powerful on the most important part of his game.

Katarina could do well as she is right now, with the changes however, she has better survival after ganks, an extra aoe and exponential utility in team fights by countering heals. So this change is supposed to change an "unreliable chance of match domination into a certain domination"...?

Delucien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2012

There are a couple of things I would like to see going forward.

1. When adding a friend being able to designate which group they should belong.

I have a larger than average friend list and I separate my friends by game type dominion, ranked sr, regular sr, and aram. I have to find them in the general tab which is a pain then move them, if they have gone offline I have a much much larger list to go through.

2. Please make it so I can add friends ONLY from a specific group.

People who play SR only don't want to be invited to a dominion game and ultimately they will ignore your requests. Lets make the process of filling up a game easier and stress free. This would be great for the proving ground ARAM as well.

3. Make chat better. In general I don't use in game chat in its current format I don't believe it helps to develop the community if they don't already have a group of people to chat with. This has so much dynamic potential it's a real shame to waste it. Clients like ROAR which are awesome are underused but I think conceptually they are better than what we currently have in game.

4. For the life of me I don't know why we don't have an in game radius for autoattack like we do our abilities. You should be able to mouse over your portrait to see it. This is helpful for learning new champs and would assist with the learning curve a bit. Ultimately we want the game to be more accessible for people starting off and having such a basic gameplay mechanic be hidden behind the fog of war makes no sense.

5. The web site does not give good explanations on how the actual game mechanics work. I should not have to go to a wiki and read through message boards and still not be sure how magic pen works against MR. I understand we like the support of fan based material but please RIOT let's make the mechanics clear.

I love the game and I love how you keep adding great new things to it but I really would appreciate if you take the time to make the basics easier to grasp. LOL is a great game but the feedback you get from us and from game reviewers screams it from the rooftop, there is a steep learning curve. This isn't because the game is difficult to play it's your presentation of the information.

A couple of examples, I just learned the other day (and I've been playing for two years, I know shame on me it's my fault) that cooldown caps at 40%. And I read this from a third party source so I am not sure if it is accurate or not.

I also searched the other day to find out the stepped up damage you take from towers in the different game types to compare them but I had no luck finding it all in one easy place.

To all the fans out there that try to compensate for the lack of clarity thanks.

ROIT, I'll keep playing as long as you keep improving

Best regards,

Del

MishyInWhite

08-12-2012

I don't see why they are nerfing her, I hope it's minor. I've played against plenty of Zyra's and it's not like she's impossible to beat. Her stun is a long range skillshot for a start, it's not hard to dodge it most of the time provided you aren't stupid.

If you ask me it's just one of those new champs we're no one knows a counter yet and cry for a nerf.

"Incredibly overpowered" is a little too much to say. A slight nerf maybe, but a big one would kill her as a viable option.

Renegade Zerg

08-12-2012

Zyra is OP but diana is fine? Yea alrighty...

Dravekan

08-12-2012

Nerf Diana

MishyInWhite

08-12-2012

Asking for Diana to be nerfed, is like asking for Akali to be nerfed. Just about the only difference between the two is Akali can ult more, but Diana can use a shield.

If you dodge her Q in a fight killing her is viable, as she can only ult once or not use her ult at all if she doesn't want it to go on CD.

She's an assassin, burst damage champ, if she messes up a combo, she dies fast.

DamUstr8bbyGurl

08-12-2012

wohooo garren nerf!

jaziken

08-12-2012

Why does everyone want to nerf darius? why not just delete him, you can't fix such a broken champ.

Ziss9

08-12-2012

ya zyra did kind of have everything so in that regard she was op but they don't have to treat her like the most op champ to hit the market that title still belongs to darius....