Mid-August Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MisterMoogle

08-10-2012

Katarina is Akali 2.0.

And I dind't really like Zyra, I find her okay... however I find player that are using her annoying.
Think they are better when they just camp behind plants -_- and talk sh*t.

Razid

08-10-2012

Katarina! Finally! I've waited over 2 years for this! Yes! Thank you, Riot Games, for FINALLY doing it!! LOVE the new animations as well!

Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!

Leoric Wuju

08-10-2012

Katarina's new animation now look bloody and intimidating (enough). Finally.

I'm Summoner Shepard and this is my favorite patch on the Citadel.

Ryceman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2012

And they go through with the katarina changes anyway.

Magistica

08-10-2012

Zyra Nerf!!!! You should do Darius Nerf !! Always targeting the mages! now all mages sucks compared to other Champs! Nice work Riot!!!
You should change in game icons for champs in mini map and main screen according to the skin we buy and use rather than using the old one on every skin!

Razid

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooin View Post
lately every champ looks like akali...diana and now kat..
Kata and Akali have always both worked kinda the same way. Both assassins good at diving and escaping. Kat working around AoE and multi kills, Akali working around sniping single targets.

Zappiest Kid

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrgtAsh View Post
oh man you're totally right about Teemo being overpowered. I actually have unlocked all the champions and he counters all the ones that rely on auto attacks and have little to no sustain such as twisted fate, tryndamere, olaf. I hate facing that little **** I have to either use anivina, yorick, darius, brand. Seriously I don't care if any teemo noobs downvote me but if they actually still believe he's underpowered they can add and face me 1v1 on proving grounds using an auto attack champion and lets see if they win.
What type of idiot would try to fight teemo using an autoattack based champ, maybe try to counterpick him? Also I feel that olaf would laugh at teemo with all his abilities and true damage. Also I;m sure someone like cait would make teemo want to cry if he laned against her.

I am i no way supporting ad teemo but I'm just saying cait is an auto attack champ that I feel would destroy teemo due to her great range advantage.

Leno

08-10-2012

tons of damage

Riot Cidem

Web Content Assistant

08-10-2012

Great changes, especially for Garen and Katarina. Gotta keep that rivalry going. =)

GnoMash Chocobo

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubsteposaurus View Post
I like the changes to Kat (the remodel), the ability changes are interesting also. The work on Garen was definitely needed IMO so im happy i'll be able to play him again from time to time. However, the Zyra nerf sounds pretty extreme.. I've played many games with her and against her and I can think of many other AP carries that easily outclass her, the strength is in her CC without that any good Ahri, Morg, Brand...not to mention Akali with her gap closing potential literally shred her anus. So if your able to kite her cc shes pretty much dead in the water considering she has no escape. And with less burst more people are likely to jump right in on her and wreck her face. Yes I purchased her and I'm not mad about it, although it is discouraging that because a few people do not understand how to kite effectively that she should be nerfed heavily. In most games (yes even ranked) that I have seen she has gone negative in her K/D. Which leaves me wondering how this overpowered theory even began and why this judgement call was made. Even so, overall this is still an extremely interesting update. Kudos.
Its true, while she can do a ton of burst much of can be avoided. Such as

Her q is like cho gaths where it has a delay in dmg dealt.
Her plants upgraded and ultimated is what does most the damage so just step on the plants. They dont do any dmg, but omg no she now knows where you are...dumbass.
I havent seen any zyra dominate unless you count minion kills and assists. She gets completely screwed over by champs who can kite. Before now people thought she was OP because at first they didnt know how to counter her. Any half way decent champ that can close quickly just like akali and fizz on her can more or less dodge her CC and proceed to wreck her . Her burst was the only thing that made her viable as anything other than a lane pusher. In most games she gets focused just like anyone would focus a teemo, vayne or viegar, but unlike those champs she is freaking slow as hell like lulu is slow.

Way to go riot, you screwed the only new AP champ you have had for ages that could burst and CC...cough cough...while you have made a ton of massive damage dealers recently like diana, darius, and jayce. Oh btw I didnt see a major like this on jayce oh wait you never did one good job guys.