Next Champion Theory

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doctor Awesome

11-12-2010

I posted this in GD originally where it got no attention, but I suppose this is the correct place for this in the first place.

After looking at the recent JoJ's, It seems very conspicuous that the Shojin monk who's been slowly burning himself to death in protest of Noxian occupation has been mentioned so much, and few other hints at the next champion (aside from the recent mention of Irelia) have shown up.

With Ionia looking like it might just get that rematch against Noxus, I would be willing to bet he puts himself out and joins the League to fight for Ionian freedom, with all the powers of a fifth-degree master of Shojin martial arts... and of a third-degree burn victim. He'll enter the battlefield wrapped in bandages, and fight with a combination of chop-socky action and the mystic techniques that let him withstand his self-inflicted torture.

Bonus points if the fire destroyed his eyes. >_>

Munchlord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Awesome View Post
I posted this in GD originally where it got no attention, but I suppose this is the correct place for this in the first place.

After looking at the recent JoJ's, It seems very conspicuous that the Shojin monk who's been slowly burning himself to death in protest of Noxian occupation has been mentioned so much, and few other hints at the next champion (aside from the recent mention of Irelia) have shown up.

With Ionia looking like it might just get that rematch against Noxus, I would be willing to bet he puts himself out and joins the League to fight for Ionian freedom, with all the powers of a fifth-degree master of Shojin martial arts... and of a third-degree burn victim. He'll enter the battlefield wrapped in bandages, and fight with a combination of chop-socky action and the mystic techniques that let him withstand his self-inflicted torture.

Bonus points if the fire destroyed his eyes. >_>
That would actually be a really neat way to intro the blind monk.

Pigmeo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2010

I do hope the monk gets released as a champion, anyone that bursts himself in flames for his country (and can surive the ordeal) has my approval.

But i wanna find more about Zelos, Irelia's brother, i hope they release him sometime:

"When he died, he left behind Zelos and Irelia, his son and daughter, and a truly unique weapon. Zelos became a Sergeant in the Ionian military and left to seek assistance from Demacia immediately prior to Noxus' invasion of Ionia. Irelia, charged with the protection of their home until Zelos returned, was alone when Noxian forces struck"

Im sure he would be some off-tank dps (i dont really like those) but if he follows the style of irelia's skills, he should be cool.

Also lets not forget the kid whose body is being ravaged by a disease... if any of you have seen the iron engineer concept art i think that might become him (although that concept art looks a lot like blitz), lorewise they could say his body was totally destroyed but they move his organs, brain and stuff into a new mechanical body, or they could transfer his soul, works in this world of LoL.

Talz

11-12-2010

Oh the instant they mentioned the burning monk I thought he was going to be the next champion. Or will be made into one later on.

WereCrow

11-12-2010

So like his Q is he drinks alcohol and becomes a human molotov cocktail , his W is he puts himself on fire ,runs around screaming and gains movement speed and puts everyone on fire he touches. His E is a ring of fire for AOE damage and his Ult is he puts down a bonsai and lits himself on fire and if it doesnt get put out until the bonsai looses all leafs his team automatically wins?

Enrayged

11-12-2010

What if the monk who is currently burning (as you already pointed out, fire doesn't do wonders for the eyes...) is the monk who took in Udyr?

So, in essence, the Blind Monk that has been haunting us from day one practically, really has been haunting us...

Creepy.

Berrix

11-12-2010

Though more Ionian goodness is now destined to be a reality, I think the 14-year-old child prodigy from Piltover may make an appearance as well (if he recovers of course).

Enrayged

11-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrix View Post
Though more Ionian goodness is now destined to be a reality, I think the 14-year-old child prodigy from Piltover may make an appearance as well (if he recovers of course).

You mean Ezreal?

...What? I didn't say anything...

Boogeybeast

11-12-2010

well, the monk can't be the same one that took in Udyr, the burning monk is Shojin, where Udyr's mentors are Harani. and the next champion will probably be Renekhton, Nasus' brother, or Zelos, Irelias brother, or something random and new. the monk might be a champion eventually, but not until after the Noxus v. Ionia, so not for a few patches

Shadow Chorus

11-13-2010

I think the monk would participate in the Noxus v. Ionian rematch, if only to see his protests come to fruition. I can imagine a Buddhist palm-esque combat style.