Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

5 Misconceptions of League of Legends

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etherimp

08-11-2012

Something I'd like to add about helping junglers:

A nice strong leash can mean the difference between me ganking before or after their jungler.

6 seconds of auto attacks from a solo-top or ADC can mean the difference between me being able to save smite and steal their red, or NOT, and not being able to gank right away.

A nice strong leash can help me gank at level 2, which gives gold for First blood AND assist, OR just makes them burn their flash/ghost...which, guess what? Now that that flash/ghost is down, you are free to kill them with your superior farm that I afforded you. You lost 2 CS in the beginning, but gained 12 after I ganked for you, and you can now dominate your lane without me.

Sticking around and helping me do blue/red so I can go counter-jungle and gank means I am more likely to give you my blue or red, because I can farm theirs thanks to jungle dominance.

You warded Baron or Dragon? Fantastic.. Not only does it protect your lane, but it also protects my jungle and allows me to counter-gank.

You didn't ward your lane? Let me guess.. you're one of those guys that gets ganked 3-4 times then complains about how their jungler is camping your lane, and how I suck as a jungler because I haven't ganked your lane 3-4 times. How do you expect me to gank when your lane opponent is warding and you are not? How do I know I'm not face-checking an occupied bush?

Furthermore, thanks for feeding your lane.. You now have made it IMPOSSIBLE for me to gank, because if I try to, I may end up giving your lane opponent a double kill along with double buffs.

If I ask you to push your lane, it's because I want to gank it because I know the lane is warded.. NOT because I want to make you vulnerable to river ganks. You should have your river warded, kinda like your opponent likely does, hence why I need you to push: So I can ninja gank from side bush instead of through river. Get it? Thanks.

You see me standing in that bush right next to your lane pinging your lane opponent? Why not try going and instigating a fight so I can follow up? I know you're intimidated because your lane opponent is outplaying you, but I can't help you if you don't step up and use some CC, or simply give them a good reason to stick around long enough for me to close the gap. Really, wouldn't you like the kill? I'll give it to you, if you help me.

Did you know you can click on your lane opponent and see if they hold items? I'm sure you do. You're a pro and I'm just a crappy jungler, right? Well, by seeing their items, you can see if they have wards.. If they come into lane with 3 wards, and when I ask "is bot lane warded", you can simply check their items.. If they have 0 wards, you can say three wards are on bot lane, which probably means river, tri-bush, and lane bush.. If they have 2 wards, I know what I'm working with.. If they still have 3, you just earned yourself a free gank because you're so vigilant.

On that note... If you manage to tell me WHERE the wards are exactly AND even better, if you can keep approximate timers on them ,that would be fantastic.. Know how you can keep a timer on wards? By warding right after they do! IF your ward is down, so is theirs.. This helps me immensely, and there-by, helps you by making your lane easy to gank for me.

Am I pinging dragon? That's because my smite is up, and I have enough health to tank it, and they are probably down 1-2 players or I know where they are on the map. Sometimes, junglers make mistakes and things go poorly, but if you do not make your best attempt at getting to dragon/baron in a timely fashion, you are potentially costing the entire team a lot of gold and/or a buff. Just respond to the ping.

Did I ward their blue/red? Guess what.. I warded it so you can go steal it from them! I will usually try to help you, but sometimes that's impossible. Most AP carries can easily burst down blue and steal from a jungler. Your ability combo likely does more damage than smite. Just sayin'.

Am I pinging in my jungle? That means I'm being counter-jungled/invaded. I need your help. If I die in my jungle, alone, it's because I didn't have the support of my team. NOT because I am a bad jungler. If my red and blue get stolen even though I had wards on them, it's because whoever was closest to those wards didn't properly respond to the threat. Again, NOT because I am a bad jungler. I can't be top, bottom, mid, shop, AND protecting both of my buffs ALL at the same time. It's impossible. I need your help to cover whatever is closest to your lane. If we're purple team and someone is at my red, that means I need mid and top to help. Want a free kill? If you come help me protect my jungle, I'll gladly let you have it.

Know why I want you to get the kills? Because while I am carrying your sorry ass through early game with my buff control and pressure from ganks, you will have to carry my ass through late game because I'm a jungler, and most junglers fall off late game.

That said, a kill early in the game would be nice so I can afford a Wriggles and some boots.

Oh, and if I take a few of your last hits in your lane, it's not because I'm trying to starve you.. It's because *I* have spent valuable time letting my jungle camps go unfarmed while I sat in your lane setting up a gank. Notice my level? Yeah.. You're probably 1-2 levels over me. Also, check my last hits.. Notice how I'm the 2nd lowest above support? Don't be greedy. Share a few last hits here and there and I will share my jungle buffs with you. Hell, I'll be happy to give you wraiths/golems if you let me farm your lane while you shop, or if you help me get some assists/kill gold by setting up solid ganks.

I could go on about this all day, but I won't. I'm convinced that if everyone in the game really listened and understood to the above information (junglers all know it very well), then the junglers job would be much easier.

Fact: A good jungler has a larger impact on the early portions of the game than any other position.. Followed by Mid and Support. Mid game is dominated by the solo-top and Mid.. Late game by the ADC and whoever's tanking/initiating.

Personman09

08-11-2012

This ^

Ephringael

08-11-2012

I used to main support, but I stopped after being too bombarded with either bad AD carries, or just bad teamwork on my teams side.

I love playing support, and it's my strongest role. When playing with someone on par or above my own skill, I can be aggressive, and help secure those early kills, as well as prevent most ganks with fast pinging and well placed heals. I hate being the fall guy for a team that doesn't have things together though.

Especially when my wards die out, I'm at the base buying more, and a teammate calls me out for not warding. I have this inner voice that tells me to find them, strangle them, and shout "BUY YOUR OWN **** WARD FOR ONCE! I BOUGHT SUPPORT ITEMS TO KEEP YOU ALIVE! UNGRATEFUL NEADERTHAL!"

It's like the jungler who keeps ganking but cant seem to get a kill. They always get yelled at for being a bad jungler, even when thats not the case.. A failed gank can be a great gank. If the enemy is forced out of lane, the allied laner gets more CS than their opposition, resulting in a lead. It's not as much of a lead as a full blown kill, but those small leads add up.

mojib

08-11-2012

+1 for OP
Well organized, well written, very readable, and all true. Posts like these aren't written often enough.

Gwellaouen

08-12-2012

I like that and I did not know a lot of the mechanisms of jungling before too. It's complicated and being one who talks french more than english, it's more complicate. lol

So, if I am the carry on mid, I can go take the blue buff to help me ? Just a question.

Anyway, I like support too and I like warding even if it's difficult. lol But I wards even if I am not Janna for example one of my best. When I played Ziggs, I ward too. Just to help not getting gank.

Etherimp

08-12-2012

Quote:
Gwellaouen:
I like that and I did not know a lot of the mechanisms of jungling before too. It's complicated and being one who talks french more than english, it's more complicate. lol

So, if I am the carry on mid, I can go take the blue buff to help me ? Just a question.

Anyway, I like support too and I like warding even if it's difficult. lol But I wards even if I am not Janna for example one of my best. When I played Ziggs, I ward too. Just to help not getting gank.

Ask your jungler. Some junglers are dependent upon blue.. others not as much or not at all.

Lord Puppy Fury

08-12-2012

Quote:
Etherimp:
Ask your jungler. Some junglers are dependent upon blue.. others not as much or not at all.

Even better, help your jungler steal the enemy blue at 7:30 and then they can give you your blue.

FieryNox

08-12-2012

Can you add about pushing/overextending? So many times my team will just overextend and push the lane and I can't gank the enemy at their tower then my whole team dies at an insane rate and reports me because their jungler ganked and I couldn't. No matter how I try to explain this it doesn't help.

Etherimp

08-12-2012

Quote:
Lord Puppy Fury:
Even better, help your jungler steal the enemy blue at 7:30 and then they can give you your blue.

Yes.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

08-12-2012

Quote:
Lord Puppy Fury:

Or better yet, get your team to invade the enemy blue and then come back for your own blue if you killed the enemy jungler on the invade. That way your mid and jungler both start with blue.