How about a lore-based tournament?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Benadryl Jackson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

Howdy y'all, consider the following quote from Babagahnoosh regarding battles hosted by the League:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBabagahnoosh View Post
There are fights that go on between summoners all the time. These fights are for influence, power, money - whatever the summoners at the Institute of War decide on. The ways of the summoner are mysterious, indeed.

The big fights - the ones between the city-states - are far less common. Most of these are regionally localized, meaning that it's usually a territorial or resource dispute that is arbitrated on for convenience sake. There are some, however, that arguably will shape the course of future Runeterran history. Those are the ones to keep an eye out for.

This got me thinking. What if Riot hosted some tournaments that were not necessarily for money and prizes, but rather for changing the course of Runeterran history?

Say, for example, we used some territory dispute between Demacia and Noxus. There could be two mini-tournaments, one for each side, that players could register for (naturally a team could only register for one side, not both). The winning team of Demacia's tournament would represent them, and that of the Noxus tournament would do likewise. Then, those two teams would fight it out in a final confrontation, changing the political landscape of Runeterra.

That's just one idea, of course. In general I would love to see some kind of lore-based tournament. I wouldn't care that much about prizes, aside from the glory of knowing that I influenced the LoL storyline.

dogbiter

09-12-2010

team Ionia ftw!
(dunno if it would work, shen tanking, akali as burst damage, kennen as ap aoe, yi melee dps, udyr junglling )

Munchlord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

I approve, this is indeed an awesome idea IMHO.

Aurra Sing

09-12-2010

Team Mundo FTW!

CG Uz

09-12-2010

Demaciaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

CG Uz

09-12-2010

Also good idea.

Melonscoop

09-12-2010

oh man benny jack im a big fan of your guides on leaguecraft, make more >

on topic this is an awesome idea, maybe you could throw in whoever side wins wins a champion for that side or a new champion, new item, like tf2, altering the actual items (but not creating them), or even changing the history, that would be great.

like if demacia wins they would win:
bragging rights
and the lore being changed (say demacia teamed up with some other new island and noxus too, they have a war (just two teams though) and whoever side wins introduces a new champion from that island you know)
new champion or something

stuff like that

would be very cool

Enrayged

09-12-2010

It would be tricky - would teams only be able to use champions from that specific region? (Or, if it's just Nexus/Demacia, then champions allied with that region, not just natives.)

ipleadthefif208

09-12-2010

teem yeti FTW

Benadryl Jackson

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrayged View Post
It would be tricky - would teams only be able to use champions from that specific region? (Or, if it's just Nexus/Demacia, then champions allied with that region, not just natives.)

I don't think so. It seems like the individual champions don't actually choose the causes they fight for in the league, as they are just used as tools by summoners. I mean, why else would Kayle and Morgana ever be on the same team? What about Urgot and Garen? And then you have champs like Ezreal, who just get randomly summoned into League matches without even knowing (or caring) what they're about.

The Demacian and Noxian champs will obviously only fight for their own side on a real field of battle, but if it's the League, I don't think they have a choice. Hell, I bet none of them are even told what they are fighting over in a League match, for fear of one of them throwing the match (a potential Lore explanation for leavers and AFK'ers?).