Competitive LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yellow Jester

09-12-2010

HEY LOOK WE HAVE A FLEETING ADVANTAGE, LET'S GET JUNGLE BUFFS, THEN WE CAN AFFORD TO BUY MORE ELIXIRS WHICH WILL HELP US FARM BETTER

Seriously? Do high ELO players think the point of the game is to grab all the jungle buffs all the time? I'm watching the first WCG game and every time a teamfight is won, I see everyone rush to do dragon or baron, even though there are so many turrets that they could push from COMPLETE safety. Someone wanna explain to me why people aren't pushing turrets at every opportunity? A turret is like a dragon that doesn't respawn.

The Jacobian

09-12-2010

It comes down to using your advantage, or compounding it for later. Getting an extra 3 dragons instead of 3 towers means that you'll be stronger late game. They realize that no matter how many towers you have down, a big win at 50 minutes in a team fight wins the game, so that's what they play towards. That's not to say towers don't matter, its just that Dragons and Baron are very important.

Whist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

Because they know they're not going to end the game in 30 minutes. Also how many times have you aced and pushed down two towers and are at their base only to lose 3-4 players?

You usually can't win 2 team fights in a row with out going back for health between.

0rangeSoda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-12-2010

Also Jungle Buffs are actually that amazing and worth having

efdf

09-12-2010

because

Scenario 1
- you push a lane. You take down a turret, have to go heal.
- other team respawns. They take a free dragon or baron, along with the jungle buffs.

Scenario 2
- you do baron
- congratulations, you can now push multiple towers in a row and get a lot of gold and exp. Also, the other team can no longer get baron for 8 minutes

Scenario 3
- you get dragon and all the jungle buffs
- your team is now stronger than the other team. you can win teamfights and out gold, out experience.

This game is about making your team strength greater than their team strength so that it is possible to safely take out turrets.

Yellow Jester

09-12-2010

I saw several opportunities that they had to push lanes after 4 were wiped that they didn't take. Why i would take a push:

If you destroy and inhibitor, you have map control. There is no way the enemy team will come and interrupt your baron attempt because they have to defend. So you push, THEN you baron, and they're defending their inhib, so you can push another lane.

ASSHAIRs

09-12-2010

And to think dota/hon games are more action packed and shorter.

Sshate

09-12-2010

nice replies even though it's such a flame bait. good knowledge thread.

diediediediedie

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sshate View Post
nice replies even though it's such a flame bait. good knowledge thread.
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jester View Post
Seriously? Do high ELO players think the point of the game is to grab all the jungle buffs all the time?
I'm confused... Are you saying you don't understand why they did what they did and want help, or are you trying to convince us that you know better than the players at WCG?

The Reaver

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jester View Post
I saw several opportunities that they had to push lanes after 4 were wiped that they didn't take. Why i would take a push:

If you destroy and inhibitor, you have map control. There is no way the enemy team will come and interrupt your baron attempt because they have to defend. So you push, THEN you baron, and they're defending their inhib, so you can push another lane.
If you destroy an inhibitor, the other team needs to leave one person AT MOST to defend, Hell, you might not even need one guy because the nexus towers can handle a few waves of super minions from one lane on their own. Also, because we're assuming high level play, the other team has Baron warded, so they know exactly when you are going to try for him, and they can then proceed to rape your team in Baron.