Private lounge [Semi-open RP]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Youay

01-14-2013

Youay nodded.

"Yeah, there are a few of us there with interesting quirks and so on. But they are all good people all in all.Though some of us are a bit grumpier than others, but I am sure you will get along with everyone."
-------
Talim laughed with Kameil and nodded in agreement.

"Gramps would probably agree with that statement. But I think you might be right on that, I never really had the ability to sit around to study, I am more a hands on girl, if you know what I mean."

Kameil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

Kameil chuckled,

"Yes, learning from doing, some magics I have heard of do require hands on learning to truly understand it, which is understandable. Most magic requires studying multiple times before actually using it. A tedious progress but I feel the reward is worth it."

TheOneTrueWaifu

01-15-2013

Alison smiled. "I hope so, wouldn't want to make any enemies."

Bright Oblivion

01-15-2013

Emily smiled at Alison.

"I'm sure you'll avoid making enemies of them. Most of them only get really angry if you mess with prized possessions or irritate pet peeves, from what I've heard. And I'm sure doctor Youay has been with them long enough to know all of those."

Youay

01-16-2013

Youay nodded and gestured at Emily in agreement.

"She is absolutely right. Tyson has his fish and Era has her Bonsai tree, leave those alone and you will be golden. As for me, well their isn't much you can do to get on my bad side professionally, I deal with irritable people all the time. As for the Liana and the others I cannot say for certain what their peeves are, but I am sure you will do fine over there."
-----------
Talim nodded at Kameil.

Martial arts are like that to some extent too. Repetition is key to understanding the movements you need to take and where your balance needs to be. Fully understanding each stance, each kata, you unlock the potential of understanding where the weak points are and how you can compensate. Gramps has told me once that magic and martial arts are similar in a lot of ways, one of the ways is that if you use it without proper training the results could be disastrous."

Kameil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Kameil nodded back at Talim,

"Quite true, the repetition for magic gives me better control and understanding of it, if one controls it better, the more stronger it can be. With control and understanding, you can use a precise attack or an area controlling barrage. Your grandfather is correct about what he said, I heard that a junior summoner attempted to summon a champion without the proper training, knowledge, skill, or understanding of it... Let us just say she did not like who she summoned and the junior was easily found out. The seniors were rather harsh on her but I am sure she is still here somewhere."

Youay

01-20-2013

Talim leaned against the wall again as she spoke

"Even in martial arts, the masters do not take well to the students trying moves that are beyond their skill. You learn at the pace set by the masters for a reason. Magic and Martial Arts are extremely similar. Gramps told us that the only difference between the two is that one is primarily mental, while the later is physical. And after seeing what I have, I agree with him."

Silverling

01-21-2013

Ethelyn let out a quiet hum, tightening her hold on Youay for a moment before mumbling to him.

"Somewhat surprising you don't... You seem to know everyone quite well over there."

She gave him a kiss on his cheek and stayed close to him, seeming quite content where she was currently.

Youay

01-22-2013

Youay looked over at Ethelyn with a smile and kissed her forehead.

"Well just because I know them well doesn't mean I know everything about them. Just like how they don't know everything about myself."

He gave her a gentle squeeze and laid his head against hers gently.

TheOneTrueWaifu

01-22-2013

Alison nodded, taking a few mental notes. She decided to stop harassing Youay with questions and turned to Emily. "So...uh...what do you do?"