Creativity is not Trolling (AD Malzahar)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fudge Dragon

08-11-2012

AD Malz looks interesting cuz it's a take on my favorite AP caster...
But that giant wall of text turned me off...
I would have read more of it if it were a mobafire build or something, but not on the forums
+1 either way

Armageddal

08-11-2012

Hah, sorry. I do tend to write a lot. I also wanted to give a detailed explanation of why it works, rather than just giving a few reasons and then stating that it works. I've tried explaining it to flamers in-game, but my brief explanations don't convince them. This huge essay-like thing contains a far more in-depth explanation which I believe clearly shows why AD Malzahar is viable.

Tertium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2012

Played Ad Malz once. That was both hilarious and rewarding. Shame, I don't remember my stats, but they weren't bad.
As for others builds, I'm in love with SivHD's Counter Bruiser Bruiser Lux. Seriously, I may not play rankeds, but that amount of kills I get with her is too **** high. People just don't know how to counter these builds.
Tried bruiser Sona with my folks (Premade 5 :3) - did well just because of enemy team, who had no idea how to counter AD Swain or bruiser Sona.
I miss old, lvl 1-20 days, where building whatever I wanted was legit and not trolling
Good luck all with Ad Malzes - I hope you will have a lot of fun sending your little crabs to fight!

xpxpx

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armageddal View Post
Hm, I've never tried AP Taric, but I just looked at the League of Legends Wiki and it does look quite powerful. His cooldowns are fairly high though, and he needs to be in melee range to use his spells. I would think building him as an AP tank could do some major damage though. Items like Rod of Ages, Abyssal Scepter, and Athene's Unholy Grail could work really well if you throw in some heavy tank items too, like Warmog's.

What do you use?
I run (in this build order) situational boots, DFG, Athene's Unholy Grail, Deathcap, Lichbane, and then either Zhonya's if I need armor, or Abyssal Sceptre if i want to lower their MR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armageddal View Post
Also, have you tried running Taric as a top lane bruiser? I hear it's pretty viable. His armour reduction is insane if you combine his W with The Black Cleaver.
I found that bruiser Taric is better in lane with someone who capitalizes on the armor shred better than he does, because after the base shred he becomes the stereotypical melee carry, in which his abilities almost seem negligible after initial effects.

Armageddal

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tertium View Post
Played Ad Malz once. That was both hilarious and rewarding. Shame, I don't remember my stats, but they weren't bad.
As for others builds, I'm in love with SivHD's Counter Bruiser Bruiser Lux. Seriously, I may not play rankeds, but that amount of kills I get with her is too **** high. People just don't know how to counter these builds.
Tried bruiser Sona with my folks (Premade 5 :3) - did well just because of enemy team, who had no idea how to counter AD Swain or bruiser Sona.
I miss old, lvl 1-20 days, where building whatever I wanted was legit and not trolling
Good luck all with Ad Malzes - I hope you will have a lot of fun sending your little crabs to fight!
I really need to try Counter Bruiser Bruiser Lux then! I'll just have to man up and bear the flame when I try to run Lux on top lane. What do you usually use? I know you need Sheen and to build that into Trinity Force, but what do you do for sustain?

Armageddal

08-11-2012

Nighttime bump.

HunterHarris

08-11-2012

Anyone can do anything in this game. Anyone can go AP with a Deathfire Grasp and a Litch Bane. Anyone can go AD Carry if they have a ranged attack. Anyone can be a fighter melee if you build them right. It just all depends on the build and player.

Ephringael

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2012

People flick me **** over playing Crittlesticks in dominion. Then we win the game and I have the most kills and point caps.

Several times.

No appologies in sight.

Do people not realize that Fiddle has a three second fear? Do they not realize that if I am critting for even 500, three seconds deals 1.5k damage? Average health is around 2-2.5k. Three seconds, crows so they can't use a spell right afterwards, and two more crits end the fight. Then if I Ulti in, it adds even more DPS. Even without AP scaling, Fiddle has an extremely high DPS AOE ulti.

Ulti in. If you miss, readjust with flash. They never expect that. Fear, and crit them to death.

VIABLE I TELL YOU.

Armageddal

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephringael View Post
People flick me **** over playing Crittlesticks in dominion. Then we win the game and I have the most kills and point caps.

Several times.

No appologies in sight.

Do people not realize that Fiddle has a three second fear? Do they not realize that if I am critting for even 500, three seconds deals 1.5k damage? Average health is around 2-2.5k. Three seconds, crows so they can't use a spell right afterwards, and two more crits end the fight. Then if I Ulti in, it adds even more DPS. Even without AP scaling, Fiddle has an extremely high DPS AOE ulti.

Ulti in. If you miss, readjust with flash. They never expect that. Fear, and crit them to death.

VIABLE I TELL YOU.
I've heard about Crittlesticks, but I've never tried him since I don't own him. What you say makes sense though. The only problem with Crittlesticks that I can see is that his early game would be pretty weak. He is very squishy (even more so than most or all AD carries), and his base attack damage is really low. Other than that, he has excellent sustain, his fear is a death sentence once he's got enough items, and his silence can CC an entire team. Seems fine to me.

Armageddal

08-12-2012

Afternoon bump.