Creativity is not Trolling (AD Malzahar)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mohrb

01-31-2013

So, I love malzahar and creative builds (i did ap yi before it was cool). Tested this out, and it actually didn't do TOO bad... Sure enough, my minions were hitting heroes for 200 per swing with just a manamune... Skills still did a good amount of damage, but minions did add a level of harassment. Towers prioritize them and, yes, they can be smited.... But you can summon another one 10 seconds later, so the smite just delays your combo.

So yes... This is a legit build. It's not optimal, but it's not troll status. I could see this mostly being useful in ban picks, first pick malz, so everyone starts going after MR champs... This could mess up their day.

Basically, start out with tear and the ap half of nashor's like a normal looking build.... Then throw everything on its head.... Kinda like tank Annie.

Armageddal

02-25-2013

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. ~George Smith Patton, War as I Knew It, 1947

Source: http://www.quotegarden.com/imagination.html

drdahlser

05-05-2013

Yeah, I agree with this. I've played league for so long that normal builds don't do it for me. I like to try out t hings that I haven't done before, so these builds are great. Like AP GP and AP tryndamere (before it became common place) and other awesome builds. It's too bad the people don't realize that metas arise from people innovating and finding things that are more effective than the previous meta.

drdahlser

05-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus the Friend View Post
I would report OP for building AD Malz in ranked.

AD Malz = Trolling.
AP Garen = Trolling.

Keep those joke builds in custom/normals.
Did you even read what he said?

TMTrainer

05-05-2013

Does the Voidling still have 1.0 Bonus AD scaling?

Armageddal

06-17-2013

I'm not sure. I haven't been playing this game lately, and I haven't been maintaining this thread. I do want to keep it alive so as to revive it once I start playing actively again. Last I checked, it did though.

MSRx

07-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armageddal View Post
For the record, the grand majority of the community is not playing at the high competitive level. I know that Riot cares deeply about their professional and high level competitive players, but what is viable there and what is viable elsewhere is completely different. Also, I have begun to suspect that at a high level of gameplay, there are so few champions used because people have become to attached to the stereotype of those champions being the best. A lot depends on how well someone is using their champion. I see a lot of "Teemo is useless in high ELO play", but being an avid Teemo player myself, I can tell you that a skilled Teemo player will out do just about anyone.

I guess what I'm trying to say is (and it may be naive, since I am not a high ELO player): I think high level players shun some champions simply because they never see them, assume they're therefore not good, and never learn to play them effectively. I think if people took the time to master a rarely seen champion, they could do just as well as the champions that are currently considered the "best".

This will be the first time I've actually decided to post in a forum, but I was reading through this feed and decided to add my 2 cents.

I completely agree with your statement for the higher elo champion selection. Once people find champions that work, they will continue using them. However when playing a normal game, you will find more diversity amongst the summoners playing the game. I for one consider myself an experienced Xerath player. I've been playing him for sometime now, and have often clicked on the spectate section of the client anytime I see him being used. 9 times out of 10 I find myself thinking "Wow, this guy doesn't know what he's doing". That 10th time being a chance for me to learn another extra little thing or strategy I never before thought of.

But you emphasize my point:
" I think if people took the time to master a rarely seen champion, they could do just as well as the champions that are currently considered the "best" "
This is completely true. Many times that people believe a champion to be OP is when they aren't sure of how to coutner or what to do to counter the champion in question. (IE: Xerath; have a gap closer. Rengar; CC when he appears. Nautilus; kite and poke. [I had to speak of champions I know how to play well, so that I'm not just making things up]). But not the point. Just because champions/play styles/builds AREN'T seen at the professional level, doesn't automatically make them horrible. On the other side, just because champions/play styles/builds ARE seen at the professional level, doesn't automatically make them the best. It's all as to how well the summoners learn the champion and capitilize their skill set.

If I'm not mistaken, Blue Ezreal was first seen in a high/professional level match. Thus giving it the attention and popularity in all other game modes.

Please forgive me for not posting properly, as this was my first time. I'm enjoying what I'm reading so far (page 8)

MSRx

07-17-2013

I just thought you should know that I have finished reading through your thread. I too did find it through googling "AD Malzahar". I don't understand why there have to be people out there to feel so strongly against something that is different that they go out of there way to let it be known.

AD Malzahar is viable. While most other, unorthodox, builds may seem pointless, AD Malzahar is still very viable. While it causes the player to change the way they think and play as their champion, that doesn't mean it can't be as effective. As an AP Malzahar will be able to lay waste to the enemy team with his spells, what happens when people survive his initial burst (which is rare, but if his team is unable to peel). That being said, any carry with a team unable to peel will surely fall. However, I have always known that AP carries have the burst. After their burst, they must wait on cooldowns. Playing Malzahar AD allows him to still silience and surpress the enemy with his utility, but also allows him to shift his playing still to that similar to an ADC. As long as his voidlings live, AD Malzahar is by no means weak or "trolling".

I'd like to view it as "fun", which is what I would hope Riot wants this game to be anyway.

On a different note, my friend tried AP Jayce....which I believe is a completely different point to begin with.