Creativity is not Trolling (AD Malzahar)

12345612 ... 24
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Armageddal

08-10-2012

Yeah. I've been wanting to try AD Kass for awhile. However, I just re-watched Ahrtimmer's AD Mordekaiser video and it's really making me want to try it. It's all about that AD carry ghost haha.

Zhvingy

08-10-2012

If you are going to play AD Malz, please state it within the champ select screen. It is equally as frustrating to begin a match with 2-3 AD carries who all wish to go bot lane.

Armageddal

08-11-2012

I always make sure to tell my team that I'm the ADC. When I do that and then pick Malzahar, a lot of people start to freak out, start saying that I can go mid instead, and that Malzahar is an AP caster and can't be played AD. Quite often someone will dodge, but not always. If they're that upset about AD Malzahar, then they should dodge; however, one point of this thread is to advertise that AD Malzahar is completely viable and is not worth dodging over.

As for the regular arguments over who is what role, I'm not one of those picky types. Although I do get upset if someone else picks ADC after I've called it *just* because they don't want me to use AD Malzahar, if someone else steals it for another reason I'll just play something else.

Armageddal

08-11-2012

Afternoon bump.

Armageddal

08-11-2012

Late afternoon bump.

CerealBoxOfDoom

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykios The Great View Post
AD malzahar is a lot more viable in teamfights than AP in my opinion, but Riot needs to make voidlings continue to attack enemies even while you are running.
malzahars job in teamfights isnt to poke its to nuke, slince, and suppress

Armageddal

08-11-2012

That depends entirely on how you're playing Malzahar. If you're playing him as a traditional AP Caster, then yes, his job is usually to get in position to ult-combo a high value target. In high level play, this usually isn't that viable though, since his ultimate is easily interrupted, much like Katarina's. They're buffing Katarina to make her useful in team fights after she uses her ultimate. The same thing could be done to Malzahar, as after he uses his ultimate he has a 4 second DoT and an small AoE silence/damage spell that he's not likely to hit more than a couple people with.

For these reasons, AD Malzahar is generally more valuable in a team fight, as he deals the damage of an AD carry while also being able to contribute to the fight through voidlings. He also maintains his ability to suppress and destroy a high value target if that's what is best with your team composition.

Armageddal

08-11-2012

Evening bump.

xpxpx

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armageddal View Post
That depends entirely on how you're playing Malzahar. If you're playing him as a traditional AP Caster, then yes, his job is usually to get in position to ult-combo a high value target. In high level play, this usually isn't that viable though, since his ultimate is easily interrupted, much like Katarina's. They're buffing Katarina to make her useful in team fights after she uses her ultimate. The same thing could be done to Malzahar, as after he uses his ultimate he has a 4 second DoT and an small AoE silence/damage spell that he's not likely to hit more than a couple people with.

For these reasons, AD Malzahar is generally more valuable in a team fight, as he deals the damage of an AD carry while also being able to contribute to the fight through voidlings. He also maintains his ability to suppress and destroy a high value target if that's what is best with your team composition.
Suddenly: AP Taric walks up and AOE bursts and entire team for half of their health.You wouldn't believe how many times I've caught teams off guard with Taric, just flashing up to the carry in the middle of a team fight and putting down a four-thousand damage burst.

Unfortunately I end getting reported fairly often for playing AP Taric mid and then getting called a troll and having my team feed because of it. My only complaint is that people don't wait and see what I am going to do before they feed and troll. I assume this happens to you a lot, and I know how it feels to get trolled for playing a viable choice, even if it is unorthodox.

Armageddal

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpxpx View Post
Suddenly: AP Taric walks up and AOE bursts and entire team for half of their health.You wouldn't believe how many times I've caught teams off guard with Taric, just flashing up to the carry in the middle of a team fight and putting down a four-thousand damage burst.

Unfortunately I end getting reported fairly often for playing AP Taric mid and then getting called a troll and having my team feed because of it. My only complaint is that people don't wait and see what I am going to do before they feed and troll. I assume this happens to you a lot, and I know how it feels to get trolled for playing a viable choice, even if it is unorthodox.
Hm, I've never tried AP Taric, but I just looked at the League of Legends Wiki and it does look quite powerful. His cooldowns are fairly high though, and he needs to be in melee range to use his spells. I would think building him as an AP tank could do some major damage though. Items like Rod of Ages, Abyssal Scepter, and Athene's Unholy Grail could work really well if you throw in some heavy tank items too, like Warmog's.

What do you use?

Also, have you tried running Taric as a top lane bruiser? I hear it's pretty viable. His armour reduction is insane if you combine his W with The Black Cleaver.

12345612 ... 24