A Viable Way to Give the Right Elo

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sabnitron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-12-2010

So, in this system, I will achieve high ELO rating by avoiding team fights, hiding in the bushes and ganking people with low health, and not pushing lanes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tentakoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whist View Post
Game is not all about team fights.


This is why teams with half the kills of the opposing one still win....pushing.

I'm sure we've all been on a team that's ganking like mad and then half way through you realize you have absolutely no towers down while the other team has at least 3
yes i agree, BUT you see in my ratios there is none that compared enemy kill/assists to player's team's kill/assists directly, and those ratios are used to compare teammates to each other to determine the comparative effectiveness of individuals, again, to his teammates.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tentakoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabnitron View Post
So, in this system, I will achieve high ELO rating by avoiding team fights, hiding in the bushes and ganking people with low health, and not pushing lanes.
if you are ganking and succeeding, then you are indeed helping your team, if you avoid team fights and do not push on purpose just to rig the system then you would fail because winners still get more elo than losers overall so you would try to win at least


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tentakoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groxo View Post
thatd just be stupid. i almost always have good K/D because i play range dps/carrys.. yet im not very good. this would screw tanks too.
tanks would have assists too wouldn't they? some tank's K+A might be higher than yours. Tank's deaths are also justified in my Death ratios calculation.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaeoz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tentakoo View Post
if you are ganking and succeeding, then you are indeed helping your team, if you avoid team fights and do not push on purpose just to rig the system then you would fail because winners still get more elo than losers overall so you would try to win at least
Its still a stupid system regardless. No in game stat can tell you how well you're doing in game.

For example, consider 2 support champs, Janna and Soraka. Janna usually gets more assists from soraka because Soraka doesn't always heal the person that gets the kill. Janna almost ALWAYS knocks up the opponents though.

A soraka player would gain elo much more slowly than the janna player... which is really unfair honestly if they both win just as much.

Killing the nexus is the only stat that can truly measure how well you did.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SonicTheHedgedawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-12-2010

you know, you can win games for your team by being bait or bum-rushing a tower to get the building kill.


neither of those is going to give you a good K/D/A, but both can win games for you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tentakoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicTheHedgedawg View Post
you know, you can win games for your team by being bait or bum-rushing a tower to get the building kill.


neither of those is going to give you a good K/D/A, but both can win games for you.
if you are the bait you better you get a couple of assits off your death or you simply should not even been baiting ( i.e. dying in 2 seconds without landing a single hit on your attackers ) in that case then you are a squishy intended for a damage role but instead did not contribute much besides 1600 hp of your squishy bum

if you bum rush to get building kill then again gj but again your team is holding the other team at somewhere else 4v5 so you can get that tower


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orthoclase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-12-2010

basing elo on kills or assists, in any way, is a bad idea in my opinion. Then you're encouraging your soraka to use starfall to make sure she gets an assist, rather than healing someone and winning the teamfight. Also, some characters die a lot as an acceptable strategy, especially tanks. Sure your amumu just died, but when he did, he left their whole team at 25% health and gave you guys time to catch up. Too bad you won't be in the same elo as him anymore.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tentakoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeoz View Post
Its still a stupid system regardless. No in game stat can tell you how well you're doing in game.

For example, consider 2 support champs, Janna and Soraka. Janna usually gets more assists from soraka because Soraka doesn't always heal the person that gets the kill. Janna almost ALWAYS knocks up the opponents though.

A soraka player would gain elo much more slowly than the janna player... which is really unfair honestly if they both win just as much.

Killing the nexus is the only stat that can truly measure how well you did.
You are wrong about soraka, if a soraka does nothing but use her one healing spell and an ultimate during teamfights then that soraka has only half the idea of how her champion is played.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tentakoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orthoclase View Post
basing elo on kills or assists, in any way, is a bad idea in my opinion. Then you're encouraging your soraka to use starfall to make sure she gets an assist, rather than healing someone and winning the teamfight. Also, some characters die a lot as an acceptable strategy, especially tanks. Sure your amumu just died, but when he did, he left their whole team at 25% health and gave you guys time to catch up. Too bad you won't be in the same elo as him anymore.

Did you even read my thread??? I already gave a formula to justify deaths for tanks. And soraka using only her healing spells during a team fight is like I said, not the most effective soraka.


123