A Viable Way to Give the Right Elo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tentakoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

Is to implement an individual evaluation system after game

this system will calculate 3 ratios

(Kills + Assists)/Player Team's Kills = effectiveness of player in team fights

Deaths/Player Team's Deaths = determines feeding status

Deaths/Enemy Team's Deaths = determines if the deaths are worth it

Working from there, the game can compare the three ratios of 5 players from same team to determine the effectiveness of individual players. The two calculated Death ratios can be used together to determine if a player's high amount of deaths contributed to victory ( a tank) or contributed to a defeat ( feeder ). Then each player is given a different elo raise/fall based on his effectiveness compared to his teammates.

This system can cause better players to rise in elo faster, or when they have bad teammates, to not suffer much elo drop, or even gain elo in a defeat if their effectiveness warrants it; this would also be effectiveness in helping decent but not superbly skilled players in escaping "elo hell"

Venq

09-12-2010

Also minion kills is very important.

Milkshakes00

09-12-2010

BLASPHEMY!

An Elo System that actually runs off individual players!?

Poppycock!

Tentakoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venq View Post
Also minion kills is very important.
But if a player farmed alot, that would show up in his effectiveness in team fights, if he almost never participates in them, then his team basically fought 4 v 5

Rainbowgasm

09-12-2010

so are turet kills (however building assists should be added as well)

Jarge

09-12-2010

Turret damage is important as turret kills are often stolen by minions. I've seen someone carry a team to victory just by pushing lanes and getting turrets down quicker than the enemy could react to defend it.

Whist

09-12-2010

Game is not all about team fights.

This is why teams with half the kills of the opposing one still win....pushing.

I'm sure we've all been on a team that's ganking like mad and then half way through you realize you have absolutely no towers down while the other team has at least 3

Tentakoo

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarge View Post
Turret damage is important as turret kills are often stolen by minions. I've seen someone carry a team to victory just by pushing lanes and getting turrets down quicker than the enemy could react to defend it.
in those cases one team is holding the other off 4v5, yes i've been in plenty of them, my team of 5 cant break through enemy team of 4, and their Yi solo pushed to win, in that case i think the 4 players who held us off are more valuable to the team

pichumy

09-12-2010

So even if you win the game, but your team has 1/4 the enemies kills, and 4x their deaths, you lose ELO?

Groxo

09-12-2010

thatd just be stupid. i almost always have good K/D because i play range dps/carrys.. yet im not very good. this would screw tanks too.