Volibear in High Elo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Garroth

08-10-2012

I am wondering as my team is starting to into a grove and I believe I am 6 and 1 when picking Voli only loss was when a teamate DC'd. My friend though tells me Voli isnt played in high level 3's.. Any high level players on these forums that play as or against him often?

We play Wukong Top, Nunu and Voli Bot so fun to have nunu snow ball them and give me a speed burst.

AngelicV

08-10-2012

I love to play Volibear in 3v3 but there are better Picks. I recall Voyboy once playing Voli on his Stream and someone else asked if Voli is viable and he said something around that his CDs are to high especially with his W on a 20 Second Cooldown.

You can play Volibear but he is outclassed by a lot of Champions so you would better drive with Wukong, more dmg can also tank pretty well and great Teamfight power

Boo

08-10-2012

yes, he's good

Lemurmoudy

08-10-2012

volibear is one of the most underated characters in the game. Beefy, ganky, can do tons of damage. Just an all around GREAT character.

WillWW

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicV View Post
I love to play Volibear in 3v3 but there are better Picks. I recall Voyboy once playing Voli on his Stream and someone else asked if Voli is viable and he said something around that his CDs are to high especially with his W on a 20 Second Cooldown.

You can play Volibear but he is outclassed by a lot of Champions so you would better drive with Wukong, more dmg can also tank pretty well and great Teamfight power
Yeah that w is way too high to be of much use. Always have to save it because right when you use it, you engage or get engaged.

TSM willxo

08-10-2012

volibear is broken

Foxichu

08-10-2012

The issue with Volibear is that he's simply outclassed. Voli is easily zoned and outfarmed. Singed has a much better kit overall, and has easier farm. It also doesn't help that Volibear is easily countered by Ignite. He's a good pick versus idiots, but if you play against anyone that knows what they're doing then it just won't work out well.

Boo

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxichu View Post
The issue with Volibear is that he's simply outclassed. Voli is easily zoned and outfarmed. Singed has a much better kit overall, and has easier farm. It also doesn't help that Volibear is easily countered by Ignite. He's a good pick versus idiots, but if you play against anyone that knows what they're doing then it just won't work out well.
singed is always banned so there's no point in comparing him. and regarding volibear's passive, it's the other way around. his passive counters ignite. the main problem with volibear is figuring out where to put him. he's not that great in a solo lane compared to other champs, and he's pretty bad at jungling. the only place you can put him is in a duo kill lane.