Draft mode is broken and here's why....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jamie Fawley

09-11-2010

Draft mode bases your champion select order based on ELO. So highest elo or the highest elo group leader gets first pick and gets to ban. I'm fine with that since i would like the best player to ban the better champs and to also first pick the best champ he can get.

Now what I'm NOT cool with is having the lowest elo player pick last. Sure you don't want your low elo player playing a good champion poorly when a higher elo player could have used that champion but that's rarely ever the case. By the last 2-3 picks your (hopefully) going to be picking to balance out your team comp.

And that's the kicker right there. You get the first 2-3 players(highest elo) picking their favorite champions and then these lower elo players whom you should assume aren't as good and aren't nearly as good at playing multiple champions picking last. What you end up with is the low elo player playing a champion their not comfortable with but he's going to try to balance the team comp because he wants to win and its a ranked game.

But then when the last pick ashe goes and feeds all game, doesn't know how to build the champion properly and doesn't know the full utility of hawkshot and her ulti then you end up with a 1/10 ashe that fed all game making the game very unfun due to this player (although trying their hardest) feeding and makes everyone on the team just get frustrated with the game and the player.

YES YES....I know there is trading now and you can also communicate with your team but half the players don't and the other half are sadly not going to trust their teammate to pick their champion for them to trade later.

My Solution:
Have the highest elo/team leader get bans and first(or second) pick. Then have the rest of the 4 teammates be organized from lowest elo to highest elo. So instead of having This setup of elo's:

1700 elo
1600 elo
1500 elo
1400 elo
1300 elo

You would then end up with:

1700 elo
1300 elo
1400 elo
1500 elo
1600 elo

Which in my opinion is alot more balanced for those matches that duo queuing or lack of players cause a huge fluctuation in elo's and give those teams that have a wider spectrum of elo's a chance against teams that have a more averaged elo team where they have no one playing poorly and losing the game due to losing their lane.

bliu23

09-11-2010

That's a really good idea... Now you have experienced players picking what's needed. Also the lower ELO's get to play the heroes they are good at. Props man

Jamie Fawley

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliu23 View Post
That's a really good idea... Now you have experienced players picking what's needed. Also the lower ELO's get to play the heroes they are good at. Props man
exactly.

Jamie Fawley

09-11-2010

needs more 1st page time

GewdJab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2010

I hate having to depend on the weakest link to round out the team composition.

+1

ZenithZephyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2010

Picking a personal favorite over what the team needs is a personality trait, not a skill measure. The elo difference between 2nd pick and bottom pick is not so large that bottom pick is gunna have no idea what they should pick, compared to second pick (as I don't normally see 150-200 point elo differences, as in your example). Furthermore, your first, second, third, and fourth picks can always communicate to bottom pick what they need to play.

If the skill difference is really as large as you say, I really don't want them snatching up Kayle and playing her poorly.

With four picks, your top 4 can make a well rounded team (phys carry, magic carry, tank, jungler), and let the 5th person pick whatever.

09-11-2010

The elo and skill gap is tiny from first to last in a ranked game.

hth

Jamie Fawley

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00001110 View Post
The elo and skill gap is tiny from first to last in a ranked game.

hth
not true at all.
at 1600 elo i will play with anyone from 1400-1900 elo. And who are the duo queuers that have a huge gap of elo going to play against?

Doctor Awesome

09-11-2010

I always heard that the remaining four players are arranged in random order. Evidently this is false. :O

Jamie Fawley

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Awesome View Post
I always heard that the remaining four players are arranged in random order. Evidently this is false. :O
you spelled awsome wrong o.0