Thank your Tank!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MagiDragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orthoclase View Post
I play kayle a lot, and she either gets thanked if my ult saves someone, or blamed for every single death that occurred while I was on the same screen.
True story.

Estelion

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordLucifer View Post
Do you thank your carries everytime they get a kill?
I'm a tank... and yes, at least a gj to him for a kill (if i can spare a sec to type, not always free to do it tho :P )

So yes, a gj tank wouldn't hurt.... we r the ones that 90% of the times decide when and how to do a teamfight....

But OH GOD IF U DIDN'T initiate well... OUR TANK SUCKS.... nor the praise nor the glory for us. :P

svartingr

09-12-2010

I'm really happy for you, and I'm gonna let you finish, but Ezreal is one of the best carries of all time.

Orthoclase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelion View Post
But OH GOD IF U DIDN'T initiate well... OUR TANK SUCKS.... nor the praise nor the glory for us. :P
I think this is the problem most tanks feel the most. The only time anyone notices them is when things go wrong.

Leib Olmai

09-12-2010

When I play tank and lane with a carry, and most of the time, if he get the kill you can see in chat "Gj mister carry". But if I wasnt their to taunt to make them focus me, you could have that one or two kill.
Alot of poeple actually say GJ to the killer, but really really less poeple thanks the tank for saving their butt, or to have actually done 80% of the job in the kills.

As tank, if your carry get chased, even if you're at low health, you gotta save him even if it cost you your life. (some poeple won't agree, but that's my point of view) If you are sure they gonna get it, a taunt or a stun or something and he let them stun away most of the time. We never got a Thank you for that unless you play with premade, even some friend doesn't even say thank you haha.

But yeah, winning a game and knowing that you are most likely the reason all those poeple got their kill and you have 30 assist, is pretty nice and make you feel good.

CQReborn

09-12-2010

You can work around a ****ty carry at times (And I assure you, there are many. In solo que the chance of your carry being some 12 year old ****** who isn't even good at the ONE character he plays is extremely high) but you can't work around the lack of a tank or a ****ty tank (Assuming the other team has a tank.)

Its tiring playing tank over and over even when I enjoy the tanking, all I can say is find some buddies to premade with, and teach as many as you can to tank so you can try other characters at times. Always assume in solo que that the other players are ****wits who will lock in on their carry before even CONSIDERING picking someone to fill a gap in team makeup, which is why I never solo que anymore, people in solo que are ******ed and that is the fact of the matter. You'll be lucky if maybe 1 in every 15 players you get paired with is actually decent.

In the event you solo que ALWAYS keep an eye out for good players on your team, (carry or otherwise.) and try to get them on your friendslist, eventually you will never have to worry about playing in solo by yourself.

In my eyes playing a carry is the easiest job in the world when you have a good tank, that tank is the one setting EVERYTHING up for you, and you are just raking in the fruits of his labor.

So the next time your tank accidentally scores a kill on a team fight that he set up and handed to you and a golden platter, thank him instead of *****ing like a toolbox because he DARED to steal YOUR kill. It wasn't yours in the first place and if tanks could carry your ass would be obsolete.

McJohnSizzle

09-12-2010

Just make sure you do the same to support players. And giving props in LoL is something everyone should do.

Backdoor Brian

09-12-2010

As using Rammus as my main tank, I salute you for getting up and telling the community as a whole to thank me when you see me saving our twitches ass from death when he gets FF'd by four enemies I go in, taunt the biggest threat, curl, laugh as three of them switch focus to me and maybe even kill themselves trying to take me out, if I die I just laugh as I watch my Carry lay their entire teem out because they were too stupid to focus him instead of me. God bless.

Edit: @ Estollan

Fiddle's ult says hi

got321321

09-12-2010

hey sir, i herd you dont need a carry to do a triple kill, tanks can do it.

CharlieTeutonic

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CQReborn View Post
Always assume in solo que that the other players are ****wits who will lock in on their carry before even CONSIDERING picking someone to fill a gap in team makeup, which is why I never solo que anymore, people in solo que are ******ed and that is the fact of the matter.
Sounds like the truth to me. Tanks in solo queue need an especially thick skin because you will get raged at, and when you try to give any criticism, people call you a noob and say "What's your KDR, Alistar?" All I can say is lol. I take pride in having a 0 kill game with a tank and feeding my team. That's my job.

Tanks in solo queue are usually the one of a few true team players. They're always the last to lock in, generally, because they watch what the other players choose. I can't say how many times I jump in and quickly pick Ashe, Kass, etc. first and the rest of the team picks Anivia, Kennen, Miss Fortune, <insert your favorite squishy here>.

If you want to have a hope of getting anywhere in solo queue, learn to tank.

+1 for Tanks