Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Thank your Tank!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MagiDragon

Recruiter

09-12-2010

You!

That's right, you.

You there, who usually play the role of a squishy DPS, or a caster, or maybe that ranged carry. You deal a lot of damage, you kill stuff, you own faces, and you finish your game with 4 to 5 times more kills than deaths.

That's awesome, really, it means you're doing your part really well.

But there's something you're missing: you're not the only one.

Did you just get a Triple Kill on a 5v5 teamfight? Awesome! But oh, look, isn't that your team's Rammus blue pilling, barely alive with 400 HP? He just kept you alive with his amazingly timed and well-aimed 3-second taunt so you could do what you just did. Now you're pushing their mid inhibitor with six more stacks, and you're on your way to victory. Does it hurt to say he did a good job?

What about you other 3 players, on the same team as this Rammus and his Triple-Killing hero, do you think you should be thanking only your carry, while your tank goes alone back to your base just so he can come back and get hit more instead of you?

I'm not saying the tanks deserve MORE recognition that any carry, if both are doing their jobs well. What I'm saying is: don't forget that if it wasnt for your tank, that carry would be dead by now and your turrets would probably be falling instead of theirs.

Most players tend to get excited about people who kill, but forget about the one player without whom the kill wouldn't have happenedin the first place. This is even mentioned in a lot of tank guides out there: don't expect other player's recognition. I say: why not? Tanking is hard, and it is not for anybody: it requires precise timing and a vast knowledge of most of the champions in game, so you can choose wisely who to taunt, stun or disable, and who to protect.

So, that being said: THANK YOUR TANK! You probably wouldn't win without him. Tanks are equally important as all other roles, but they rarely get the praise the others get. And they deserve it, after all they are sacrificing themselves for the good of the team.

Tanks are awesome.

Tank players of the League, I salute you.

WarlordLucifer

09-12-2010

Do you thank your carries everytime they get a kill?

Diction

09-12-2010

You!

That's right, you.

Don't you just hate it when your tank feeds 0-11 in a lane and tries to tower dive as Rammus with 500 hp then ends up dying, and when your team somehow wins the teamfights, he tries to take credit for it?

Did you just facepalm? You should have! All the pain of having to think or focus fire wouldn't be necessary if that tank alone didn't feed at least 7-8 kills in the first 20 minutes!

So, that being said: DON'T BLAME THINGS ON YOUR TEAMMATES OR OTHERS WITHOUT KNOWING THE WHOLE STORY. Everyone has their own faults and strengths, so let's all just get along.

Good players are awesome.

Good, courteous players of the League, I applaud thee.

LLAMA LLAMA

09-12-2010

Quote:
WarlordLucifer:

No, because they sat in the back rubbing their nipples while channeling bullet time.

L2P

09-12-2010

tanks don't get the pwnage KDR and therefore they are the noobs of the team. It's always the carries that are good and thanks to them they won it for there terrible noob tanks.

/sarcasm

tanks are essential, lets try to remember how important they are. +1 for not being ignorant

Orthoclase

Recruiter

09-12-2010

Quote:
WarlordLucifer:

I often say gj or something

WarlordLucifer

09-12-2010

Quote:
ll4mma:
No, because they sat in the back rubbing their nipples while channeling bullet time.

then you know why people don't waste their time with formalities thanking the tank for doing his job, just like the carry is doing his by killing.

LunarisDream

09-12-2010

The Tank that gets thanked the most is probably Shen.

Orthoclase

Recruiter

09-12-2010

I also thank a good ashe a lot, for a well timed enchanted crystal arrow, that either sets up my gank, or saves my god**** ass. The other I night I was bookin' it through the jungle w/ 4 enemies after me and that arrow just comes sailing out of our base, stuns ww and slows the rest of them.

I play kayle a lot, and she either gets thanked if my ult saves someone, or blamed for every single death that occurred while I was on the same screen.

Petrichor1

09-12-2010

You sir understand us tanks. +1 to you and god bless!