Jarvan IV Is crying in a corner.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS14b4c934b49e2140947ac

08-10-2012

He releases another manly tear as the new champion has an ability to jump. Just like 90% of new releases today :/.

R.I.P Cataclysm, Impassable you may not be, it is hard to see why people can walk out of me (Vayne, Fizz, Ali, Hecarim, and all other people who have a walk through minion mechanic.) so Riot please, add a silence to me so that impassable I may not be I can smash awhile with glee.

Editing for clarity. If Riot just actually fix it so that it works that would be plenty, the silence would just be a quick fix whilst they recode player made walls.

"Stand with me, brothers and sisters."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arfor View Post
Things I have noticed about Jarvan:

-EQ combo fizzles when used too fast [Red posts 3&4 confirm fix for this. Many thanks to CertainlyT]
-EQ combo travel speed is inconsistent, causing you to dash VERY SLOWLY if you use it close to melee range [I have experienced this too]
-Dying while casting R might put it on cooldown and have no effect [I have experienced this too, it's downright rageworthy sometimes]
-Dying while R is up wont let you lower it [Mixed thoughts on this, would be nice though]
-Being CC'ed while R is up wont let you lower it [Same as above.]
-People run out of R for no reason [Rageworthy, believed to be due to "minion" nature of Ultimate]
-People run out of R because of their passive [Same as above.]
-People run out of R because Phantom Dancer [Same as above.]

Also, removal of HoG, FoN and changes to Warmogs and Randuin's nerfed him when played as a tank, and while the adding of Black Cleaver helped him when played towards damage, Trinity still got nerfed and the changes to Doran's Blade and Wriggles hit his laning.

Load o' bull, he needs those QoL changes at least, and even then Im sure he wont be anywhere near OP or tier 1 material, why delay so much on fixing him

VERY NICE SUMMARY OF JARVAN'S BUGS AS OF CURRENT! Thanks to Arfor for posting this in a nice summary here. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2981229&page=4 Square Brackets = Me.

Quoted for truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMTOOJUICY View Post
just change the tooltip description:

replace "impassable terrain" with "a modest molehill which might inconvenience enemy champions"

If you want to look me up for whatever reason my EUW Name is now : Jungle Jarvan IV
Found this on this thread. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...=#post33417110

https://twitter.com/RiotMorello/stat...26819519639553 - Morello acknowledging the bugs. Exciting potential!

Also after looking at the EUW thread from last year this is what Meddler apparently said

"Regarding her wall/Jarvan's ult what we'd like to do is change them so that they act like proper terrain, blocking a lot of champions from easily passing through them with skills that aren't intended to do so. Can't offer any timeframes on that unfortunately, gather it's a pretty tricky task, it's definitely on our tech backlog though and once done would also help us use temporary terrain on future champions in a way that felt good/behaved as expected"

EDIT : Cleaned up format for easier viewing.

MisterMoogle

08-10-2012

Bump !

Dishoveled Panda

08-10-2012

Bump

Sinnwin

08-10-2012

But...but... he's helping...

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...3&d=1337306648

Atyres

08-10-2012

I would like to see J4's ult be impassable terrain, it is very frustrating jumping on a foe just to have them flash or use a low cooldown skill to get out of it.

Borigrad

08-10-2012

I don't get why so many people complain about his Ultimate. It's ridiculously powerful. If they are using their Gap-closer or Flash to get out of your cataclysm, then they aren't using it to get to your carries. THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT PEOPLE.

SierraTangoDelta

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
I don't get why so many people complain about his Ultimate. It's ridiculously powerful. If they are using their Gap-closer or Flash to get out of your cataclysm, then they aren't using it to get to your carries. THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT PEOPLE.
Riot definitely did not design his ultimate to just burn flashes.

Tribunal Crap

08-10-2012

Quote:
.......really?

Briareus

08-10-2012

If someone flashes out of Jarvan's ult i can live with that but all the dashes, tumbles or just them walking out of it really grind my gears.

Atyres

08-10-2012

Quote:
Cause I love to waste a long cooldown ultimate just to have a Vayne roll out of it or Caitlyn to net out of it with their much lower CD basic skills.