Riot! Read this and put it into action asap!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lecruidant

09-12-2010

Yes, the servers are down, more or less. You can't search for a game so they might as well be down, because who wants to go to the store and look at the champ lineup for the 10th time at champs you dont have the IP atm to get. Which brings me to my point.

Riot, you seriously need to

1) Take a long hard look at your servers and figure out wtf is going on. This is getting a little old. I understand alot of people are posting saying this, but maybe with such a "stick out" title for a post you will actually see this and think "hey, we should stop getting high with Rammus and go do something about this".

2) Please for the love of god turn off our boosts when we log out. I understand, this is a point of revenue for you people, but tbh, I have a IP boost going on right now with the server status at ONLINE when in reality IT IS NOT. My boost is burning as we speak and i cant do anything about it. Now if i was offline and not playing by choice, thats one thing. But many of us who purchase boosts are getting screwed atm. And i believe there are a good few people who would agree with this.

So, in conclusion, please do one of the two, i understand you are honestly trying to do number 1, but number 2 really really needs to happen. Because lets face it, lately, you have had alot of server mis-haps and with the lag in game effecting who wins and loses, the boosts are kinda not even worth buying atm if you dont do this.

Lecruidant

09-12-2010

This had to be seen again, it got pushed down

Leib Olmai

09-12-2010

The server were up all night long..

Camaraven

09-12-2010

sometimes when I do number 1, number 2 sneaks up on me.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

09-12-2010
1 of 2 Riot Posts

As a note, boosts are always extended by 24 hours during downtime. While they do 'tick down' while you're offline, so long as you're not busy for the next 24 hours you will not miss any time at all, and often gain some.

Lecruidant

09-12-2010

The above statement does not help if the server is not actually down so to speak when the matchmaking is disabled, therefore, not able to earn my IP boost by not being able to even que, oh look, i made sense as opposed to the general response above that didnt make any from what i posted

Godfiend

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozrael View Post
As a note, boosts are always extended by 24 hours during downtime. While they do 'tick down' while you're offline, so long as you're not busy for the next 24 hours you will not miss any time at all, and often gain some.
But boosts aren't extended when there is server instability, even though Riot says they are. This is due to "server instability" being a somewhat vague term, with duration and severity unspecified. For example, I'd call my past 3 or 4 days of laggy champ select, non-functioning chat, and consistent PVP.net freezes to be "unstable," but as I can still enter queue (and promptly freeze on picking a champ, but whatever), the server isn't "unstable" and if I had a boost, it would be wasted.

Per-win boosts are the only reliable way to get your boosts.

Whist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozrael View Post

In other words, now is the BEST time to buy boosts and cross your fingers for one server outage a day.

Lecruidant

09-12-2010

^ Exactly, we have so many server issues lately (even hella bad lag in game that honestly CAN effect the outcome if someone is dropping down to 3 fps with 3.5 bars latency yet their connection is fine). It's like "hey, we want your money, so go ahead and buy this RP so you can get an IP boost, but you know what, our servers are gonna have a constant **** fit off and on here and there and you may or may not be able to get the most out of the boost, but please, by all means, buy it anyway to help us out"... Like i said, i get it, its free to play. Just because of this fact does not mean they shouldn't look into and improve the server, especially if they are trying to sell stuff for REAL MONEY.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

09-12-2010
2 of 2 Riot Posts

We are absolutely looking into it and looking to improve the servers in any way necessary. Just because we're free to play doesn't mean we look at it as a get out of jail free card to have poor service. One of the goals of Riot is to show that free to play games can provide superior service, and every time we have server instability we are absolutely committed to resolving the problem as quickly as possible and best preparing ourselves to make sure that particular problem that caused the instability doesn't happen again.