Lichbane on new Kat?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cpandarun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2012

play in the pbe server and you can test out all the changes for yourself.

I do think Shunpo's cooldown makes her more of an all in type of champ instead of shunpo everywhere.

GoodShepperd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2012

Shunpo's cooldown gets lower with level just like it used to guys, you end up with a 6 second CD on Shunpo at lvl 5

Ur little sister

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoc View Post
Not really. Between Shunpo, Gunblade active and her move speed buff, Kat's going to stick on her targets really well. As for Voracity, it procs off assists too, and it's not like her dps was cut in half. Death Lotus will be faster and cause less damage sure, but it's going to get cancelled less easily, so I doubt you'll see a huge dps loss there. As for the other abilities, I don't see how teamfight damage will be reduced, unless the ratios on shunpo are getting completely destroyed. They added a new ability for her after all...
1) Gunblade is trash on the new Kat. This is because AD is a useless stat now on her. It's less or equally gold-efficiŽnt than AP on every single individual skill now with her new ratio's, and it's severely less effective than AP for both harassing AND all-inning. The fact that your ult only lasts 2 seconds, so the slow is only 2/3rds as useful as it used to be doesn't help the cause for Gblade.
2) Teamfight damage... Well your total damage gets reduced with your ult. This is because you miss out on Killer Instinct's passive damage boost, and a part of the ult damage. That being said, your non-ult damage goes up. Teamfights with Kat are complex, there are a lot of factors. The old 1v5 teamfight destoying scenario's that you had against unorgalized teams are gone (partially because ult dmg is lower, and partially because kat now needs up to 5 voracity procs to reset her ult, depending on lvl and cdr).
3) The ratio's on Shunpo DID get completely destroyed. The AP ratio of Shunpo and her new W combined is 0.7. Old shunpo ratio was 0.75. That being said, the base damage on new W compensates for this, giving your more damage in total for Shunpo+W than for a single old Shunpo.

What happened / what changed is complex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpandarun
play in the pbe server and you can test out all the changes for yourself.

I do think Shunpo's cooldown makes her more of an all in type of champ instead of shunpo everywhere.
Harassing has become more difficult, total damage output when you time/hit everything went down. The shunpo and bb changes nerfed her laning overall (which I think was unintentional) and the bb changes made harassing almost impossible. You basically just have to play careful and farm now. Kat became more counterable in lane, but she hits harder if you don't counter her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodShepperd
Shunpo's cooldown gets lower with level just like it used to guys, you end up with a 6 second CD on Shunpo at lvl 5
Old kat Shunpo cooldown: 10s @ lvl 2, 6s @ lvl 13.
New kat Shunpo cooldown: 14s @ lvl 2, 6s @ lvl 18
That's a big difference. You can't really justify ranking Shunpo 1st or second on new Kat, as it severely hurts your damage output and farming capibilities.

GoodShepperd

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur little sister View Post
1) Gunblade is trash on the new Kat. This is because AD is a useless stat now on her. It's less or equally gold-efficiŽnt than AP on every single individual skill now with her new ratio's, and it's severely less effective than AP for both harassing AND all-inning. The fact that your ult only lasts 2 seconds, so the slow is only 2/3rds as useful as it used to be doesn't help the cause for Gblade.
2) Teamfight damage... Well your total damage gets reduced with your ult. This is because you miss out on Killer Instinct's passive damage boost, and a part of the ult damage. That being said, your non-ult damage goes up. Teamfights with Kat are complex, there are a lot of factors. The old 1v5 teamfight destoying scenario's that you had against unorgalized teams are gone (partially because ult dmg is lower, and partially because kat now needs up to 5 voracity procs to reset her ult, depending on lvl and cdr).
3) The ratio's on Shunpo DID get completely destroyed. The AP ratio of Shunpo and her new W combined is 0.7. Old shunpo ratio was 0.75. That being said, the base damage on new W compensates for this, giving your more damage in total for Shunpo+W than for a single old Shunpo.

What happened / what changed is complex.

Harassing has become more difficult, total damage output when you time/hit everything went down. The shunpo and bb changes nerfed her laning overall (which I think was unintentional) and the bb changes made harassing almost impossible. You basically just have to play careful and farm now. Kat became more counterable in lane, but she hits harder if you don't counter her.

Old kat Shunpo cooldown: 10s @ lvl 2, 6s @ lvl 13.
New kat Shunpo cooldown: 14s @ lvl 2, 6s @ lvl 18
That's a big difference. You can't really justify ranking Shunpo 1st or second on new Kat, as it severely hurts your damage output and farming capibilities.
Well you wouldn't be buying LichBane until after you've bought several other AP Items anyway, chances are you can wait until after level 18 to buy it. I kinda feel like Lich Bane is an "I'm stomping all over these kids" kind of item on Kat anyway Like i wouldn't buy it until after I had Deathcap and either rylai's or gunblade. and then I would probably buy some defense first unlsee it was complete roflstomp. What about Deathfire Grasp tho? anybody tried that on her?

DarkerNear

08-12-2012

I dont know, but Katarina is so sexy now...
All i got to say xD.

VanityFish

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmTheSpoon View Post
14 second Shunpo.
All I got to say =/
this.

Amoc

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur little sister View Post
This is something I was really concerned with. The randomness and range of BB was Kat's only laning threat. With the new BB, it's going to be way too easy to avoid her harrass if you know how she works.

Cenerae

08-13-2012

I don't think Lichbane will be that useful on her, much like it's not that great on Kassadin.

To get the most out of her spammable W and a Lichbane, you'd have to stay in the fight, and you'll be too squishy to stay that close to the enemy team.

That and her playstyle encourages blowing all your spells in a fight, getting a kill/assist to refresh them, then blowing them all again. You wouldn't be left with much time for right clicks anyway.

Valkors

08-15-2012

Any advice on a build order for New Kat?

I used to go pretty heavy into Shunpo first, but with the new ratios, and spammableness, maybe I should go into W more first instead or even her knives?

XCodes

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoc View Post
This is something I was really concerned with. The randomness and range of BB was Kat's only laning threat. With the new BB, it's going to be way too easy to avoid her harrass if you know how she works.
The question you now ask yourself is this: Are you avoiding harassment or getting zoned?