Lichbane on new Kat?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amoc

08-10-2012

Maybe worth it now? She's got a spammable ability now and a great gap closer, not to mention the marks from BB which will provide more of an incentive to auto attack.

Theorycrafter

08-10-2012

14 second Shunpo.
All I got to say =/

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmTheSpoon View Post
14 second Shunpo.
All I got to say =/
Good thing she also has Q and W...

Amoc

08-10-2012

Yeah I thought I made that pretty clear in my opening post. W is apparently pretty spammable, so she'd proc fairly frequently...

XCodes

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoc View Post
Yeah I thought I made that pretty clear in my opening post. W is apparently pretty spammable, so she'd proc fairly frequently...
DFG: 15% CDR
Masteries: 4% CDR
Blue Pot: 10% CDR

29% CDR without too much drama. That's a 2.84 second cooldown on W, which means you're proccing Lich Bane about as well as anyone.

Also, Lich Bane's +% MS will help with her "reduced chasing power."

Theorycrafter

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
Good thing she also has Q and W...
If you go Lich Bane, other skills don't matter, it's the gap closer that counts. With the reduced burst damage, I don't see you proccing that Voracity any time soon.

XCodes

08-10-2012

Quote:
If you go Lich Bane, other skills don't matter, it's the gap closer that counts. With the reduced burst damage, I don't see you proccing that Voracity any time soon.
Well, it's a good thing Lich Bane really helps with that burst damage, then, isn't it!?

Amoc

08-10-2012

Quote:
Not really. Between Shunpo, Gunblade active and her move speed buff, Kat's going to stick on her targets really well. As for Voracity, it procs off assists too, and it's not like her dps was cut in half. Death Lotus will be faster and cause less damage sure, but it's going to get cancelled less easily, so I doubt you'll see a huge dps loss there. As for the other abilities, I don't see how teamfight damage will be reduced, unless the ratios on shunpo are getting completely destroyed. They added a new ability for her after all...

Keele

08-10-2012

The shunpo ratio DID get completely destroyed. It changed from .75 to .45, and the base damage got lowered by almost half. The cooldown is also longer. T_T.

However, that damage was just moved over to her W, so it might end up alright. Lich bane is a bad idea for Katarina, simply because you get so many other better items. Gunblade, DFG, Void Staff, Deathcap, Abyssal, Maw, GA, and whatever boots.

AlethiaArete

08-10-2012

Where are you guys getting all this info on the changes? I havn't been able to find anything other than whats posted on the patcher

Edit: As for Lichbane, I don't know that we'll be meleeing with Kat after the changes much more than we do now.

Edit2: I saw the updated stats on LoLWiki and I don't anticipate it changing my play style much at all. That means not much meleeing at all.

As far as the Shunpo ratio lowering to 4., Sinister Steel is at .3 so the damage just got distributed. It's not like you can't shunpo -> SS. You actually get more damage that way because you also get the base SS damage.