Looking for a Mass Opinion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Milln

09-12-2010

I've finally got enough influence points to buy another champion and was looking for a specific type:

One that, in the right hands, can actually control the game flow.

I've played most of the champions and am best with Rammus and Mordekaiser and a few others. Rammus, I feel, cannot control the game to the degree that I seek because he relies on his team to follow his lead. He's a great champ, but not what i'm looking for right now.

Mordekaiser, however, can do whatever he wants and can control aspects of the game. He can push, make fights 4v6, tank tower shots to facilitate teammates, easy tower juggle, secure kills for the team, all that sort of thing, while lacking in other areas to make him a niche champion that I am happy to play.

Now, this is not a Talk About Mordekaiser post. What i'm asking is, what other champion can move the game in directions that I or my team want it to go, similar to how I achieve this when I play Mordekaiser? If possible, I'd like a -relatively- underplayed champion so I don't have to fuss with bans and the other team picking him/her/it.

0rangeSoda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-12-2010

Anivia?

Crashbolt

09-12-2010

Mundo.

ChodeBigload

09-12-2010

Any mid is going to have more control than a side lane. If you win mid, it frees you up to gank and take pressure off the sides.

iStomp Randomz

09-12-2010

If you're asking for a 1v5 champ, the only one that can fit that description is Tryndamere, but he really can't do much until late game.

Lord GiantR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

Anivia is the best controller of game flow. Get her you won't regret it. Just use the wall and watch as you control how entire team fights are controlled by yours truly. She is however mana intensive, so make sure you have a golem buff at all times or at least an Archangel.

She has one of the best ratios of spells of an spell caster. And with her egg is very durable. Also she most of the times makes kills on mid.

She does have a problem though. Currently her q becomes invisible sometimes, and its totally out of your control. If you are good with her you can still hit even without sight, but still it's annoying.

Odekuun

Adjudicator

09-12-2010

While I agree that Anivia is quite nice, once opponents decide to focus you, survival is almost entirely dependent on kiting. If your team knows what's up, you'll almost always get a solo lane, though, so that's the key component in having a stake in the flow of the game with any hero.

My own opinion is that Morgana is better at this. Rushing a Zhonya's, packing Flash and Ghost, you will wreak havoc and be difficult to take down. Black Shield allows you to grant a huge advantage to either yourself or someone else you'd like to keep around on your team. The Ult--->Position Yourself--->Zhonya's combo is pretty insane, and if your team is competent, will win team fights.

Edit: Also, Morgana is half the price, which would be the biggest plus for me. Honestly I love them both.

Milln

09-12-2010

Anivia, eh? Mmm, I tried playing her once before and I failed miserably one game, then did amazing the next. I'll try her again next time she's free. Only problem with Anivia is that one of the people in my group already plays her. I'll see if I can usurp him. XD

I'm not really asking for a 1v5 champ. I already own Morgana and she's definitely fun.
Anyone else?

Eleoste

09-12-2010

Anivia

Nuff said.
Done
Capiche

/thread.