Which jungler should i get?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iceskate jesus

08-10-2012

I have only jungled shaco and amumu. Im new to jungling. I was thinking about getting Shyvana, Lee sin, or Nocturne. Counter jungling looks fun. Also whos more fun whos easier and whos better?

Iceskate jesus

08-10-2012

Maybe even Maokai i hear alot of good things about him?

mnun

08-10-2012

Well right now Udyr jungle is very STRONK

Velpro

08-10-2012

Maokai seems to be played a lot recently. All the MLG teams seem to use him if he's not banned already. Go for Maokai. If you can learn him you will OWN.

AlphariusRising

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnun View Post
Well right now Udyr jungle is very STRONK
Why would anyone downvote this guy?
Udyr really is one of the most dominant junglers in the game, and he can counterjungle on basically anyone because of his clear speed, CC, tankiness and escapes. He's the only one that I can think of that would be safe (as safe as counterjungling can be) to counterjungle Lee Sin with.

EshinX123

08-10-2012

Udyr

TeknoWizard

08-10-2012

Well, since you're interested in counter jungling, I'm going to point you to Udyr, Shyvanna, Dr. Mundo and Nunu.

amerricka

08-10-2012

Nunu if you don't want a leash and want to clear with full health.

AlphaVoid

08-10-2012

Remade Eveylnn is funny. I usually build her more on the tanky side. Great for wasting the other team's gold. And counterjungling? Position her hate spike right and her clear time is pretty fast post level 5

Blaeniek

08-12-2012

For Counterjungling

Nunu clears fast, moves fast, and can beat up on most any other jungler so long as he keeps his levels up. He has a second smite in his Q, so he can both clear buffs very quickly and safely, and zerk in on an enemy jungler's buff, smite-consume, walk away spamming laugh.

Shyv is nigh the fastest clearer I know, duels well, but has no built-in sustain, and she falls off a bit late game.

Trundle is a troll and everyone hates him. Definitely worth researching further, and he scales well and ganks well unlike Shyv.

Mundo is cheap on the IP, gets really disgustingly tanky, and clears crazy fast. He can't duel some junglers, and his ganks are only a cleaver better than Shyv's.

Udyr has built in speed from bear, good dueling and buff clearing from tiger, good camp clearing through phoenix, and great sustain from turtle. The trick is knowing how to skill him for what you want to do. His ganks are subpar since bear is his best gap closer, but he's better at it than Shyv. Makes for a very poor tank late game, don't try tanking with him unless you have no other option. Decent bruiser.

I don't know much about Hecarim, but he has a very disruptive ult and a knockback, plus decent camp clearing and high mobility. His damage is rather lacking in late game, but not ignorable.

For Ganking

Lee Sin isn't great in lane because of how hard he falls off late, but in the jungle he can feed his teammates with his great ganks from level 2 on up.

Nautilus is the king of way too much cc, with a root, pull, slow, knockup, plus respectable damage to boot through mid game. His clear is abysmally slow, so don't counterjungle with him. Makes for a great tank for late game, and his pull gives him some mobility in the jungle and in unusual ganking situations.

Maokai is probably my favorite jungler, with high damage and easy ganks. He clears small camps in seconds or less, but buffs tend to give him trouble, so he is vulnerable to jerks like Trundle or Nunu chaerging in and stealing the buffs. He's not a great duelist.

Amumu is a cheap and very damaging AP tank, like Maokai. He's the weepy king of team diving, and makes for fantastic disruption and respectable damage throughout the game. Highly recommended if you can hit skillshots.

Malphite is the last of the three AP jungle tanks. Where Maokai's ult counters burst, and Amumu is played for damage and a stronger initiate, Malphite wrecks AD focused teams, and has a stupidly good ult for team diving, disengaging, and ganking. Any of the three AP tanks come highly recommended, and are often banned across many levels of play.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I certainly didn't cover everyone, and there are many important junglers that can fit in one or both of these categories, but this should give you enough of a run-down to pick some junglers you want. In general, ganking junglers shouldn't try to counterjungle, with the exception of Lee Sin. Furthermore, counterjunglers are going to be quite subpar at ganks compared to the true tanks and Lee, with the exception of Trundle and at times Hecarim. Keep an open mind to other junglers, and regardless of jungler, ensure you are always having an impact on the game rather than just farming the camps for the sake of farming. Gank, counterjungle, push towers, sneak dragons, whatever. Just overall good advice that a lot of my jungling friends tend to overlook.

/wall o' text