Help for support in ranked :(

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aerados

11-16-2013

Uhm so I've just started playing Ranked. I've been lvl 30 for a long time but I just play for fun though, so I don't really play ranked games. Although I won't really be playing ranked that much. I have a question. I usually play support or mid during ranked. But mostly support.

Ever since I got to Bronze 1 ( hehe XD ), I found that I've been playing with other higher ranked players like silver. Two players who had a higher rank in different games got mad at me for hitting minions? Am I not supposed to? I've played blind pick a lot or sometimes even draft and sometimes I get ranked players in my team ( mostly only 2 or 1 ) But it never seemed to bother them when I hit minions when I play as their support. It's not like I get their creep kills I just lower their hp. But, I've played one ranked game once and I've accidentally got 2 of his creeps and he raged and started throwing and feeding. Not to mention our mid was Soraka, and, also was feeding. I played as Liss. I called mid first then I picked lissandra but didn't lock in, but then the guy said he was mid. I said I called it first but he insisted. I didn't wanna argue. I was supposed to pick soraka as the supp but then the mid picked it so I ended up with lissandra ( timer ran out so I couldn't change )

Sooo here's my question ->

What am I supposed to do if I can't touch their minions? Am I really not supposed to help with the minions? Or were the people I played with just really selfish? Sorry if I'm so clueless lol. I've never experienced someone getting mad at me for lowering the minions HP. How am I supposed to buy wards and be a liable support if my gold is so low and everyone else is 2 levels higher than me? What are other ways to gain experience fast without killing minions? Is it even possible?

Just trying to be a better support. I really was shocked when they got mad at me lol.

PSYCOsanches589

11-16-2013

this is the RP forums so get ur ranked talk out of here

Aerados

11-16-2013

Oh sorry XD

Mystletaynn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2013

I can answer the question while closing this thread at the same time, don't be so quick to yell at them. >_> Silly new RPers.

People in Bronze don't really know what they're doing (no offense), so they wouldn't have a reason to get mad at you for doing so.

But, autoattacking the minions, even if you aren't killing them, is still pushing the lane. A pushed lane means that it's harder for you to cs when it's under their tower, and it also leaves you more open to ganks.

You're seriously not supposed to touch the minions, unless you can't help it (such as Leona's Zenith Blade hitting them during a hook). Getting enough gold has been the problem of season 3 and it's something they're changing as of season 4, but the gold income for supports right now is basically gold-generating items/masteries such as Philosopher's Stone or Kage's Lucky Pick, plus any assists you get.

Because of your job to ward and help out more often, while still not taking cs, you'll be behind in level anyway, but considering the role of supports in teamfights, levels don't matter as much as you simply being there for cc or heals or whatever. The enemy support will still be about the same level as you, so there's no real advantage or disadvantage there. If anything, you can always pick up the bonus experience mastery in the utility tree.

The players in Bronze were simply unaware of what to do. Players in low Silver are aware of this, but their attitude is generally piss-poor about everything, and then as you get higher, proper play is expected and nobody talks about it anymore because it should be a non-issue at that point.

Hope I helped! I've made everything as clear as I can so you don't have to respond to this post (to let this topic die out now that I've answered your questions, seing that it's still the RP forum).