Ask the Night Hunter

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Purifier Vayne

2 Weeks Ago

Vayne stood on a rooftop, watching people go about their lives in peace. While observing from the shadows of twilight, she noticed an interesting figure. His posture and clothing were odd given the current norm. She could already smell trouble. Usually she liked to research her targets. However, this situation called for improvising. She wasn't sure he was out to harm, but she would follow anyways, just to be sure. Vayne navigated rooftops perfectly. She remained hidden in the shadows. Vayne's agility was very surprising given that she carried a large crossbow and wore metal heels. Still, not a sound was heard from her. Its almost as if she isn't even there.

Vayne stalked her target to a nearby home. The house was obviously owned by a richer family. Vayne leaped from the current rooftop. Before she hit the ground and made a gruesome splatter, she reached up and caught the lamp-post. Using it like a gymnast bar, she swung her body forawrd, taking flight to the family's house. She did it so fast and precise that someone looking for her would have seen a shadow at best. Vayne drooped down the side of the house. She listened to a conversation through the window. The children were discussing there school activities while the parents made dinner. Vayne then went back to the rooftop. Her target had seemingly walked through the gate. Where he was standing moments before was a circle with odd markings. Vayne knew instantly what this man was up to.

As the man came to the door, he cut his arm with a knife he had concealed under his sleeve. The blood was then used to draw a circle. While the figure was drawing symbols, he felt a sharp pain in his other hand. He brought it up to his eyes which widened in horror. A single bolt had pierced his hand. The moment he saw it was the moment the silver began to affect him. He screamed in agony as it burned and stung. However, his scream was cut short. A metallic heel made contact with his face, causing him to lose his breath. Looking up, he saw a woman pointing her arm at him. Upon further inspection, he realized that a crossbow was mounted on said arm.

"Picking on the innocent are we? You sicken me. You have turned to a life of darkness and hate. Such actions can not and will not go unpunished. As a result, you have been condemned."

The man opened his mouth to beg for mercy, plead for his life. However, in that instant there was nothing left to plead for. The man felt his body violently jerk backwards. After that he felt nothing. A loud thunk could be heard from those nearby. However, anyone turning their attention to the noise would see a carcass nailed to a door by a large and thick bolt. No sign of anyone else.

Vayne was heading to the place she called home when suddenly her senses sharpened. She rolled forward and shot a bolt behind her.

"Who goes there!" Vayne commanded, not turning around.

"My, aren't we cynical. Relax Shauna, I come bearing news. The institute has founded a program in which champions answers some of the many question's we have." A summoner stated, appearing from a cloaking spell.

"Alright, ill comply to your little whims, but one thing. I reserve the right to slay anyone using black magic on the spot." Vayne replied, in a very blunt and serious tone.

Before the summoner could say a word, Vayne seemed to have just vanished.

-----

Vayne's room was very bland. She had marble tiles with a wodden desk in the center. A sink, a restroom, and a kitchen were also features introduced. Still, she did not spend much time decorating. Oddly, despite having almost no furniture, an odd amount of shadows enveloped the room. It was as if Vayne's presence turned the place into a potential battlefield.

"My doors are open. However I am a busy woman. Do not waste my time." She said to a scared looking summoner. The small man had written down her exact words and mailed them out to all he could.

((All previous interactions are cut. Sorry for any inconveniences.))

Bright Oblivion

2 Weeks Ago

A note would arrive for the Night Hunter, written in a utilitarian script

Quote:
Lady Night Hunter,

Please meet me in the area known as the Break Room at your earliest convenience. The lives of at least one innocent, and perhaps those of several Hunters may hang in the balance.

Under normal circumstances, I would have requested to have this meeting in your receiving room, but, given reasons that will likely become apparent to you if you agree to meet me, I was of the opinion that a neutral area would be best for both of us in this case.

I hope to see you there.

Sigmund Ulfricsson
Summoner

Purifier Vayne

2 Weeks Ago

Vayne received the letter quickky. She unsealed it, quickly but carefully. She knew she was an enemy of all those who specialize in the dark arts. As a result, ay letter will be addressed with utmost caution. After she was sure it wasn't cursed, she read the letter. A scowl came across her face. This man claims certain peril, yet he waits on a letter to deliver the message? Still, Vayne would investigate. The whole thing felt rather odd. Vayne didn't bother writing a reply. Instead, she gathered her gear and made her way to the breakroom. Vayne made sure to do so in a stealthy way. She remained in the shadow's. Some called this paranoia. Vayne called it 'life preservation."

The Ball and Ori

2 Weeks Ago

((Welcome to the RP Forums. Before we get started, there are a couple things you may want to take note of.
1.) Use the Forum Enhancer Kit to help improve your forum experience by offering avatars, multi-quotes, picture and video embedding, and most importantly let you search through all your posts and threads to help you keep up to date on replies..
2.) If you ever get bored you can come join us on skype. just add me (dk2player), Kameil (onedudething), or any of the other 35+ people to join the main ooc / ic / w/e chat. Completely optional though.
3.) Don't forget to explore around the RP Forums. Branch out and say hi to your fellow champions, and get them interested to want to RP with you more.
4.) Enjoy your time here!

Now, with that said....))

A small device would land fairly close to Vayne. When powered on via the large red button, it would display this message.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vayne.jpg (216.9 KB, 13 views)

Purifier Vayne

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ball and Ori View Post
Intro post and letter from Orianna
Vayne eyes over the machine, recognizing it as a creation for either Jayce or Orianna. She didn't think it seemed Zaunnite, but she honestly didn't care. Pressing the button on the device, she prepared herself to dodge any kind of explosive from her previous action. Fortunately, it displayed a letter. Vayne read it over and scoffed at the first part. Dancing? Who had time for that? However the second part was something worth answering. Vayne dipped pen into some ink and wrote a responce to Orianna.

Quote:
Dear Orianna,

Dancing? No, I have not ever bothered with such a foolish activity. I have my profession to keep me in shape. However, regarding your inquiry on black magic; Black Magic is not directly "evil." Black Magic is simply magic used for selfish and evil purposes. If someone such as Lux were to use her magic of light to harm the innocent, it would be black magic. Certain types of Magic are used to harm, such as possession. That can never be used for good, only malice and vengence. So as a result, it is classified as black magic by default. Such is the like of dark arts.

Watch your steps,
Vayne

Bright Oblivion

2 Weeks Ago

((But could you imagine it? Little Shauna, before that psycho witch tortured her mother, as a ballerina? I get the strangest feeling any baddy with the ability to travel through time would love to go back and either try to kill her, or the witch who started this mess.))

Purifier Vayne

1 Week Ago

((Bump))

Purifier Vayne

1 Week Ago

"Humph. I guess the summoners find this funny. I am wasting my time here when I could be defending the innocent." She snarled to herself.

((Bump))

Wander the Robot

1 Week Ago

A manilla envelope arrives to Vayne. It reads, "From Wander". The contents are this;

"I've heard you kill people who engage in black magic. Why would death be the only option? Why not give people a chance to reform?"

Signed

Wander

Purifier Vayne

1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wander the Robot View Post
A manilla envelope arrives to Vayne. It reads, "From Wander". The contents are this;

"I've heard you kill people who engage in black magic. Why would death be the only option? Why not give people a chance to reform?"

Signed

Wander
Vayne read over the letter, but didn't give it much thought. There were those who detested her actions, meaning they had never gone through something like she did. As long as people wanted to know if she believed in second shots, she knew she was doing a good job.

Dear Wander,

If one has devoted their life toturing others, killing, and other dark magic's I do not wish to describe, than death is the only way. Certain people can not change.

-vayne