Diana Situation

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Sejuanì

08-09-2012

Uh... I just got home a bit ago and was told what happened by Ashe. Proceeded to read everything and... yeah. The OP has a point.

You all did support and agree to go with Kat's idea on the matter, then turned against her and the other two because you didn't like the outcome.

I feel sorry for DD because she legitly won the competition before it was overrun by the masses demanding someone who was just as good if not better or worse.

It was a messed up thing to do to the RPer.

So I myself and Ashe are in agreement with the OP here.

We do need to group up. Mundo and Talon especially. ^_^

Ask the Lunari

08-09-2012

I was thinking of dropping out to be honest, but should I be called immature or be called the 'lesser' person for not doing what she did? I will say that her dropping out did not earn much respect from me, but it was her writing and RP skills that made me admire her.

I mean, she could have just waited for the vote results to come in - but everything I say can sound incredibly pretentious, and probably does so I'll refrain from typing what I want. I will say that a lot of people have expressed that community vote (since this IS a community) would have just lead to less tears because everyone is allowed to contribute. To vote, if you will, rather than just 'three kings voting for an emperor' (I know this isn't the best analogy to use, and this certainly does not mean I'm calling the judges out as acting elitist, but the overall basis of it remains).

I am in no way downgrading DD's RP skills nor am I calling her out for being a coward or anything you may try to throw on me.

Dark Reiora

08-09-2012

The question is, how are you guys gonna do it next time? There are flaws to the voting procedure and the judging procedure.

Unless you completely trust the judges, this won't work.

Ask Caitlyn

08-09-2012

But Lunari, the thing that is bad about a community vote is that; you can cram one person full of votes. I myself have over 15 alt accounts I use to get IP boots for my main account.

What if I used all 15 of those accounts to vote for one person over the other? A judge vote in my opinion is the farist way as you have a limited amount of votes and cannot "stuff ballets" as they say in presidential elections or even for school president.

As Dark Reiora said, both ways are flawed and you need to trust the judges or trust the morals of the community vote. Community vote IMO is the more corrupt way though.

And in this test, you all failed by not trusting your judges.

Ask the Lunari

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Caitlyn View Post
But Lunari, the thing that is bad about a community vote is that; you can cram one person full of votes. I myself have over 15 alt accounts I use to get IP boots for my main account.

What if I used all 15 of those accounts to vote for one person over the other? A judge vote in my opinion is the farist way as you have a limited amount of votes and cannot "stuff ballets" as they say in presidential elections or even for school president.

As Dark Reiora said, both ways are flawed and you need to trust the judges or trust the morals of the community vote. Community vote IMO is the more corrupt way though.

And in this test, you all failed by not trusting your judges.
Maybe make it so that only people above SN lvl20 can vote, and you can easily check the validity of this by searching them in the LoL client. It's tedious, but it should be effective. I doubt there is anyone with 15+ smurfs that are over lvl 20/25.

AskKarthus

08-09-2012

We should try to combine the two methods. We should have the judges decide the top two RPers, and then have the community decide who wins. That way we are guaranteed to have a good RPer, and someone that the community likes.

Ask Caitlyn

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Lunari View Post
Maybe make it so that only people above SN lvl20 can vote, and you can easily check the validity of this by searching them in the LoL client. It's tedious, but it should be effective. I doubt there is anyone with 15+ smurfs that are over lvl 20/25.
That would be a good idea, as Ask Fizz and Riniac who voted for you, are the same person.

So you had someone vote for you twice there. Just something I want to point out was unfair.

Snowy Poro

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Lunari View Post
I was thinking of dropping out to be honest, but should I be called immature or be called the 'lesser' person for not doing what she did? I will say that her dropping out did not earn much respect from me, but it was her writing and RP skills that made me admire her.

I mean, she could have just waited for the vote results to come in - but everything I say can sound incredibly pretentious, and probably does so I'll refrain from typing what I want. I will say that a lot of people have expressed that community vote (since this IS a community) would have just lead to less tears because everyone is allowed to contribute. To vote, if you will, rather than just 'three kings voting for an emperor' (I know this isn't the best analogy to use, and this certainly does not mean I'm calling the judges out as acting elitist, but the overall basis of it remains).

I am in no way downgrading DD's RP skills nor am I calling her out for being a coward or anything you may try to throw on me.
Ya know, I wouldn't have had a problem with it if no one AGREED to the judging. But they did agree to it, they agreed too it and *****ed when it wasn't the one they wanted, just as the OP said

Ask the Lunari

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Bott View Post
Ya know, I wouldn't have had a problem with it if no one AGREED to the judging. But they did agree to it, they agreed too it and *****ed when it wasn't the one they wanted, just as the OP said
I unfortunately was not there, so I cannot comment too heavily on this. I was sort of under the impression that the community would have some say in it.

Also, I'm aware of the dual-voting, Caitlyn. I really really don't want to come off as smug or anything (because since people are still bringing this up, it's obviously an issue), but the votes are still heavily in my favor. <-- that tasted nasty to write.

In any case, I stand by my words. I believe that had I won, there would be people who would throw a fuss about it and the situation would not be so different.

Script Lord

08-09-2012

I say we let Viktor decide who gets new Champions from now on.

>X3

123456 ... 8