Diana Situation

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lytis

08-09-2012

Okay I know none of you know me, but I’ve been a lurker and constant alt OC of this forum since it was apart of the Lore Discussion forum. And I know this matter has been settled already, but I still think it must be said.

I think how you all handled the Diana threads was really ****ty. A ton of you agreed to Katarina’s contest rules, while some may have been against it, the majority went with it.

So then the contest began, with Heretic person, then the next day DD showed up. Both seemed wonderful candidates. And while Heretic got a lot of support, NO ONE commented on DD’s posts except one person, her competition.

This in one part is a ****ty excuse. I sense a lot of bias came from it.

Now moving on. Leona Bott, Grand Viper and Katarina all took their time going over every point that was brought up by you *****y people and the contestants and themselves. They weight the options, and when done, they had voted for Dear Diana.

But hey, once they posted it, it all turned into a total **** storm. Why? Because you all didn’t get the one YOU wanted.

Ask the Heretic and Dear Diana were the same. One was mission driven, one was motional and personal driven.

Both are great writers.

Both are great RPers.

Both are nice people.

Both are mature and decent enough to do the ****ed job.

But why ***** about Heretic not winning when DD did? Because she wasn’t the one YOU wanted.

As soon as something you don’t want shows up, you begin *****ing and complaining like ****ed five year olds.

This community really needs to grow the **** up and be able to take what they agree to. Respect your decisions. You agreed to respect the judge’s votes, but instead you all **** on them.

Frankly, I think DD dropping out like she did was the most mature thing to do. If Heretic had any respect to the competition and it’s original rules, she would have agreed and dropped out instead for DD.

TL;DR

This community is garbage now. Thank you.

Downvote as you please now. I’ve had my say.

Midnight Firefox

08-09-2012

I upvote this.

AskKarthus

08-09-2012

That may be the way you feel, so be it. I have not participated in the Diana thing, but I feel like the entire community, not a small part of it, should be the judge of who gets the role.

Katárina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskKarthus View Post
That may be the way you feel, so be it. I have not participated in the Diana thing, but I feel like the entire community, not a small part of it, should be the judge of who gets the role.
Yet how did we all get our roles? Not the communitys choice. Oh no. I upvote this thread.

If that were the case, Mundo wouldnt be Mundo. Talon wouldn't be Talon. You wouldnt be Karthus.

Snowy Poro

08-09-2012

I really cannot agree more..

DD deserved Ask Diana so much, and I was so pissed when people just shrugged off our decision.. and then shrugged her off..

Dark Reiora

08-09-2012

I have a question.... Why are you yelling at us?

This isn't GD. No one needs to inb4 downvotes.

Midnight Firefox

08-09-2012

Keep it to the old way - First come, First Answer.

Ask the Lunari

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Bott View Post
I really cannot agree more..

DD deserved that so much, and I was so pissed when people just shrugged off our decision.. and then shrugged her off..
Watch your words, that's almost too upset.

Regardless, I agree, this was a test, I guess we all failed huh?

I'm very that we put DD through this myself, and I hope that she knows that some of us weren't just against her to be against her.

EDIT - NOT Diana, this is Irillyth, forgot to log out x_x

Jaykoboy

08-09-2012

Neutrality.

There, I participated, gonna leave now. Bye-bye!

AskKarthus

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katárina View Post
Yet how did we all get our roles? Not the communitys choice. Oh no. I upvote this thread.

If that were the case, Mundo wouldnt be Mundo. Talon wouldn't be Talon. You wouldnt be Karthus.
That was before we even had to establish this. The entire thing went like this because the old system, under which we got our roles, was no longer sufficient for new champion threads. I think we should still have auditions for future champions, but instead of judges, we should of have a community vote. The final verdict does not matter to me as long as lore is upheld, and the champion's personality is upheld.

12345 ... 8