the new kat rework?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

burnthedead

08-09-2012

so just some questions or comments. the new kat. dosent she seem rather like akali now. with the Q especially. i mean akali and kat are my 2 main champs so i am not complaining but still they are both similar now . also what are your guys thought on the new kat? and are you guys excited at all

Uncle Jellyfish

08-09-2012

I was excited until I checked her out in the PBE. She's rather underwhelming. The damage on her Q is now somewhat split between the initial damage and the passive mark, so you if you don't activate the mark, you lose out on damage. Her ultimate has Grievous Wounds, now, but the damage was reduced. Shunpo deals less damage now, mostly because Riot wanted it to be more for utility than for damage. Her spammable AoE seems decent, but because it requires you to be in the middle of the targets, it makes you vulnerable. If you Q, then E into the middle of the minions, and then W, sure, everything dies, but then your only escape spells is now on cooldown. If you walk into the minions so you can use Shunpo to escape, then you get poked/CCed before you can get close.

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2012

Idk how they expect her to activate that mark early when she cant exactly trade with other casters. Akali's similar except that her stealth helps with her getting in range and zoning a lot.

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2012

She's getting nerfed but we'll see

Vexinity

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Jellyfish View Post
I was excited until I checked her out in the PBE. She's rather underwhelming. The damage on her Q is now somewhat split between the initial damage and the passive mark, so you if you don't activate the mark, you lose out on damage. Her ultimate has Grievous Wounds, now, but the damage was reduced. Shunpo deals less damage now, mostly because Riot wanted it to be more for utility than for damage. Her spammable AoE seems decent, but because it requires you to be in the middle of the targets, it makes you vulnerable. If you Q, then E into the middle of the minions, and then W, sure, everything dies, but then your only escape spells is now on cooldown. If you walk into the minions so you can use Shunpo to escape, then you get poked/CCed before you can get close.
All her abilities reset except her ult when she gets a kill/assist. So if she shunpos onto someone and is in a vulnerable position but gets the kill she has a way to escape.

Mavrik V

08-10-2012

They nerfed her damage in exchange for giving her a weak Garen Judgement that can be CCed. Nothing in her kit was changed to actually fix her problems of staying alive and avoiding being useless after CCed. If anything, it's worse now, because she lost her 20+% dmg reduction from the Shunpo activation.

Uncle Jellyfish

08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Logan View Post
They nerfed her damage in exchange for giving her a weak Garen Judgement that can be CCed. Nothing in her kit was changed to actually fix her problems of staying alive and avoiding being useless after CCed. If anything, it's worse now, because she lost her 20+% dmg reduction from the Shunpo activation.
Shunpo gets damage reduction passively now whenever it's used. As for the "useless when CC'd" thing....pretty much EVERY champ is useless when CC'd. They lowered the damage slightly of her other skills, mostly because they gave her a new active damaging skill.

Bouncing Blade actually deals more damage than it used to if you activate the mark, and although Shunpo's damage was reduced, as well as her ulti's total damage, but with the new W skill, which allows her to now AoE farm better (which makes up for the loss of the bonus gold from her passive), AND the skill refresh on kill OR ASSIST, I actually think she's a lot more reliable now, though she's not as "OMG WTF HAPPENED MY HEALTH IS GONE!" but neither is she as "ugh, Kat, someone dodge," either.