Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot. AP Kat Or No Kat Is Not Acceptable.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katarìna

08-09-2012

Quote:
Ahriman1:
Okay, I have no experience with AP kat either. I don't play kat. My knowledge comes from the array of games I have watched in the form of streams from katarina points of view. I have seen the rise and fall of bloodthirster kat, I have played at times where kat was not an uncommon pick. I have had friends that play kat.

As well as all of that, I am applying further knowledge of basic itemization and general applications of situations.

That's all well and good, but your understanding of how an internal combustion engine works from reading about it in a book and watching videos of one being used doesn't mean you can build one that will work, or that you have any right to decide how to make one work better, or figure out why one isn't working.

Such is the problem with the internet these days. Everyone knows a little bit about everything and thinks they're an expert, but they have no real experience in a thing.

TehMightyMidget

08-09-2012

Why would you build AD Kat? Are you retarded?

Ahriman1

08-09-2012

Quote:
Katarìna:
That's all well and good, but your understanding of how an internal combustion engine works from reading about it in a book and watching videos of one being used doesn't mean you can build one that will work.

Such is the problem with the internet these days. Everyone knows a little bit about everything and thinks they're an expert, but they have no real experience in a thing.

Using an internal combustion engine in a way that is not standard does not grant the insights needed to build one either. In fact, I daresay that reading about them in a book, understanding , and watching videos would be much more useful in the recreation of such a thing.

To your second point: you are no expert either. You are one of the VERY few people in this game who play AD kat, and you do what you do with a resonable level of skill. You are not a game designer, and you don't know what is good for this game. I am no expert on the matter either, but I at least make an attempt to make a study of it before I go out making comments about it. Game design is something I do try to follow and understand, as I may want to actually pursue it as a career. I understand why they chose to reduce the role of AP in katarina's build. Particularly in that it is a confusing factor to players, and provides unsteadiness and a lack of uniformity. While these things may not be bad by themselves, they need to have a reason to exist. They need a purpose.

Katarìna

08-09-2012

Quote:
TehMightyMidget:

Why are you judgmental about why I'd build a champ in a way that I have fun doing without any firsthand experience or even an inkling of knowledge as to why I'd do such a thing.

Why can't you just accept that I want to do something in a different way because I enjoy doing it that way, and move on. Why do you need to have an opinion about why I'm doing something differently.

Learn a bit of tolerance, it'll help you stop being such a *****.

Josh de Tonreau

08-09-2012

Quote:
TehMightyMidget:

We have enough ignorance in this thread, let's not pile it in

Xanthalis

08-09-2012

Quote:
Katarìna:
Please don't remove BB's AD scaling. If you have to, nerf the ratio. But don't remove it because of some crappy Akali-esque feature that doesn't add to the character in any meaningful way. I'd much rather have .75 bonus AD than bonus damage that will most likely not make up for any losses due to the lack of dual scaling, the lack of KI's damage, and the new, probably nerfed BB damage.

We like our hybrids to stay hybrids thanks. We don't want AP Kat or no Kat.

You have no idea what the numbers and ratios are on BB. The new marked damage system could make for interesting play. If I had to guess, I'd say you'll come out ahead of the old BB, because you have to make sure that you do proc the mark. Also, how does it not fit her character? Using BB before jumping in the fray is a large part of her strengths, especially when she's going to ult.

The write up also specially mentions that SS is spammable and Phreak said it has an AD ratio on it. Still build Gunblade, proc your BB marks and spam SS. There's definitely potential there for an overall increase in damage.

Katarìna

08-09-2012

Quote:
Ahriman1:
Using an internal combustion engine in a way that is not standard does not grant the insights needed to build one either. In fact, I daresay that reading about them in a book, understanding , and watching videos would be much more useful in the recreation of such a thing.

So we're at a stand still here. I can't take you seriously because you're a sheep, you lack personal experience, and think there's only one way to built Kat, and you can't take me seriously because I enjoy playing a sometimes suboptimal build because I'm better at it and have more fun than using the 'optimal build.'

How about we agree to disagree, and you go away and stop wasting your time.

Ahriman1

08-09-2012

Quote:
Katarìna:
So we're at a stand still here. I can't take you seriously because you're a sheep, you lack personal experience, and think there's only one way to built Kat, and you can't take me seriously because I enjoy playing a sometimes suboptimal build because I'm better at it and have more fun than using the 'optimal build.'

How about we agree to disagree, and you go away and stop wasting your time.

I would not sit here and post if I did not take you seriously. I think you're wrong. That does not mean I do not take you seriously. I do agree to disagree, and have never not done so. I am sorry if they do wreck AD kat and it becomes unviable though, and makes it less fun for you. That is never a cool situation to be in, and I can sympathize, despite not being able to empathize.

Broken Umbrella

08-09-2012

ITT: Angry OP vs. Rational posters

Katarìna

08-09-2012

Quote:
Xanthalis:
You have no idea what the numbers and ratios are on BB. The new marked damage system could make for interesting play. If I had to guess, I'd say you'll come out ahead of the old BB, because you have to make sure that you do proc the mark. Also, how does it not fit her character? Using BB before jumping in the fray is a large part of her strengths, especially when she's going to ult.

The write up also specially mentions that SS is spammable and Phreak said it has an AD ratio on it. Still build Gunblade, proc your BB marks and spam SS. There's definitely potential there for an overall increase in damage.

I admit that I'm making an assumption based on Riot's performance with Eve, Kayle, Tryn, Twitch, and others. But a proc that I have to either autoattack, Sinister, Shunpo, or Lotus to activate, all four of which put me in harms way, isn't better than the safety and security that dual scaling on BB provided during laning.