Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot. AP Kat Or No Kat Is Not Acceptable.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katarìna

08-10-2012

Quote:
BCartfall:
Sinister Steel -
40/80/120/160/200 (.3 AP Ratio) (.6 AD Ratio)
12/18/26/34.5/44% Movement Speed

How is no one excited about this

Because Kat doesn't need more mobility at the cost of too much damage.

The Sea Mang

08-10-2012

Quote:
Skögul:
http://imgur.com/n5imm

>_>

Yeah? Try that in ranked. Oh... Quadra'd in ranked. Oh... Check my match history and what else is also buried under that. Oh... That screenshot of a match does not help your case with the new rework especially with a 1/20 Morde that probably just HUE'd his way to your platform turret.

The Sea Mang

08-10-2012

Quote:
BCartfall:
Sinister Steel -

I am not at all excited to that "mobility" that her W gives. Her Shunpo is more than enough mobility to render that garbage on an ability near useless when used to escape.

BoxShot

08-10-2012

Quote:
BCartfall:
Sinister Steel -

Probably because it lasts for 1 second.

Katarìna

08-10-2012

Quote:
BoxShot:
Probably because it lasts for 1 second.

Yeah. 44%? It's one second, maybe two tops.

I am TwistedFate

Recruiter

08-10-2012

Quote:
Katarìna:
Edit: Keep Bouning Blade's AD scaling, remove this new spell's AD scaling. Problem solved.

Riot, you really need to take a moment and speak with us about this. You nerfed Kat's laning phase so hard, and nerfed her burst so hard that there's not even going to be incentive to pick her anymore. We'd like to speak with whoever did this in a relatively calm, intelligent manner.

Reducing Bouncing Blade's base damage when it's already one of the lowest damage rank 1 spells in the game. Especially since players aren't often the original target. Removing the ability to make it do full damage on all bounces. Removing its dual scaling. None of this is cool, and that piddling little mark damage with a poor ratio doesn't make up for what we've lost.

Reducing Shunpo's AP ratio from .7 to .4. Not cool, but I understand why. If you want to reduce it THAT much, give it dual scaling.

Keeping the functionality of Lotus, adding a 3 second healing reduction gimmick, and reducing the overall damage. Not cool.

Cool new spell. Unfortunately, extra mobility and a short range AoE does me no good when I can't kill things because my early game is so much worse than before that I'll get zoned into oblivion by any mid worth his salt. Again, not cool.

You'd have treated us better by giving Shunpo AD scaling and making Killer Instinct's a 3 second buff that buffs all spells used within that 3 seconds. And leaving everything else the hell alone.

Have you actually used her? or are you just making **** up cause seriously she handle much much better now and does more damage overall and death lotus has less base damage and more scaling both ap and ad. Her new w does a nice burst on a low cd and is amazing for chasing a full qwe combo does more then her qe combo does right now by a huge amount stop *****ing about things when you dont know what you are talking about. Oh and btw her damage is **** near front loaded on her ult making you do super high dmg in a very short amount of time

volaju

08-10-2012

Quote:
Vesh:
W has a much larger AOE radius than you think and also gives you movement speed to disengage from the trade. You'd be surprised how much lane control it gives you without having to get in melee range.

For once I'm somewhat on board with the changes vs what the community thinks. W is indeed really good now, and I absolutely hated her old W.

The big issue I see is the fact that her W no longer adds flat damage to her autos / ramps up her ult / other abilities damage. This damage loss, while unnoticed by a lot of newer Kat players was a big deal, and looking at base damage values / ratios overall without thinking about what killer instrincts used to give her is inaccurate overall.

Basically, if Q got lower damage, and E got lower damage, and ult does less damage right now, as stand alone abilities, then losing killer instincts damage increase on them as well makes all three of those old moves waaaaay weaker, as they were double nerfed. Like a massive damage loss, and people won't even understand why they don't hit as hard as they used to unless they were clever enough to realize killer instincts was helping them before.

W might be good, but it's still her lowest range ability outside of ult, which means she pretty much has to shunpo in to use it, and the 4 second CD is pretty unimpressive against champs as well when you consider her kit revolves around resets, and not so much sustained damage. Sustained melee range damage is even worse, who wants to W, then walk with the target to W again when her old kit allowed her to sit on the edge of the fight and chuck W enhanced BB's from relative safety until a reset was handy.

It's give and take, but reshifting so much damage into a new melee ish ranged ability does change her playstyle dramatically, warrants her building tankier, and the low CD can be considered irrelevant in best case scenarios anyway...

Basically, she will want to build more tank / less damage, she lost damage in 3 of her 4 abilities, she lost damage amp to those same abilities, and is now forced to melee range. End result is a Kat that feels like a tanky bruiser without any CC at all, and not the reset hunting pentakill snagging assassin that we all love.

Phreak

Senior Recruiter

08-10-2012

Quote:
Vesh:
W has a much larger AOE radius than you think and also gives you movement speed to disengage from the trade. You'd be surprised how much lane control it gives you without having to get in melee range.

Don't forget the free damage reduction on Shunpo now, too. It gets it without using Killer Instincts, meaning all your trades enjoy %DR.

Also your basic QWE burst combo is higher now, both in base damage and in ratios at pretty much every conceivable level.

And Kat, you're being WAY, WAY too selective about what you quote. Shunpo's AP ratio went down by about .3. Bouncing Blade's went up by like .4. She has a new active. I don't know how you can conceivably find her early game to be lower. Are you not pressing W?

Katarìna

08-10-2012

Quote:
Fallen Deus:
Have you actually used her? or are you just making **** up cause seriously she handle much much better now and does more damage overall and death lotus has less base damage and more scaling both ap and ad. Her new w does a nice burst on a low cd and is amazing for chasing a full qwe combo does more then her qe combo does right now by a huge amount stop *****ing about things when you dont know what you are talking about. Oh and btw her damage is **** near front loaded on her ult making you do super high dmg in a very short amount of time

If she handles better, it's because you didn't know how to play her before properly. Case in point, Riot caters to derps.

SubzeroKelvin

08-10-2012

Sorry if this has been posted here already, but since this is the "I dislike the Kat changes" thread that has a red post, I'm posting this here.

The new sound for Kat's Q, and sometimes her autos, has a very grating and annoying metallic clink sound. Even her shunpo sound is bad, though it's tolerable. Maybe it's just me or these and the other few vids I watched, but otherwise the pitch of this sound should be looked at. If I have to play with a Kat and her Q sounds like the first vid, I'm muting the game.

Relaunch Katarina (Skip to 1:10):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLZeb8UYjJY

Original Katarina (Ignore the Miku skin -_-):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbnhJioOO60