Diana op dilemma

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kurdinator

08-13-2012

IMO Her Q,R combo is very annoying.

KhaZmo

08-13-2012

From my experience when playing as Varus, I was against a Diana and a Jayce. All three of us were semi-fed but both of their Q's were doing large portions of my health, while mine was barely doing anything pre-penetration.

Jayce was hitting in the 400 range, (we were at about level 13)

Diana was hitting at about the same, which is pretty outrageous considering the cooldown

All I am saying is, that the new champs seem to get stronger each time..

xxW4gz

08-13-2012

Biggest issue in my opinion is that Diana in a mid lane wont run out of mana with only a doran's ring while still spamming Q. She farms well with it, and has good poke. Yes, once you get past the weird shape it can be easy to dodge, but it's constant. Just increase the mana or even the cooldown on Q and she wont dominate mid AS much early game, i get that she has no escape and shes supposed to be high risk high reward, but when theres a fairly long ranged damaging AOE skill shot every 5 seconds in mid lane its a little tough for some mids to compete.

Again, just my opinion and its most likely wrong. I'm sure plenty of people will kindly point out to me as to why

Sleet Leopard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2012

Lower her passive damage at later levels, lower base damage.

Dark Castellan

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooSnake View Post
Cassiopeia does way more damage, single target and groups.
However she is not nearly as durable, and actually has less persuing power, cassio however has more harass in lane.

Oh and her damage isnt instant, its DOT, she cant come close to 100-0ing people like diana can.

dandtheswang

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2012

In my experience Diana is an over powered champion for the following reason. i was playing udyr. i was level 7 with double buff and she was lvl 6 with no buffs because they were both stolen. i was at 90% health with mercury treads a heart of gold and a philo stone. she had ninja tabi and nothing else. I was playing tiger stance udyr and had 3 levels in my q 2 in my w and 1 in my e. she was also at 90% health and 90% mana. She killed me easily and had plenty of health left over despite my stance dancing.

-This means that she is a fantastic mid game duelist and it is safe to assume she can at least trade herself for your ADC while CCing other members of your team.

In a seperate game later i stole her jungle in similar fashion but simply ran from her every time she was around. much later in the game when it came to the team fighting phase. We had mopped up the rest of her team and my teammates and i we closing in on her at the river. we had lost our ADC but were confident that the rest of us at roughly 1/3 health could kill her. With merely sorcerers shoes a needlessly large rod a blasting wand and a chain vest she killed the rest of our team while we were working together to kill her.

-This means she doesn't need farm to deal large amounts of damage and get to that mid game duelist stage.

In the other two games she was a jungler. in the following game i played against her top lane as pantheon. For the duration of the game i can safely say that i dodged 3/4 of her crescent strikes. i started boots 4 bot and she started with an amplifying tome and a health pot. while leveling my q primarily getting a point in my stun at level 2 and leveling my e secondarily she was able to output more damage on me than i could on her. I even tried running from her until shield was down and managed to dodge her q in the process after having baited her pull. i still could not trade damage with her favorably.

-This means she is a very strong lvl 1 champion with powerful bases and someone who can more consistently land her Q will dominate the lane completely

In conclusion the natural mobility of diana along with her ability to build tanky make her very powerful. When factored into this the ability to still output large amounts of damage despite being behind in farm and kills makes this champion over powered. This is before even mentioning that a well played diana will crush any lane opponent and would be foolish to try and duel in the jungle. She needs a nerf to her shield to help reduce her tankiness or a nerf to her passive making it proc less often so that she can't just melt anyone she closes in on.

I like when the game rewards skilled play, but when playing as Pantheon vs Diana it did not seem to matter what i did, the lane was just going to be lost regardless.

The only game i have lost when playing as Diana we had 2 disconnects on my team. The other games i did win, in many cases, my team fed the other team's players (me included) and despite being under leveled and under farmed i was able to carry our team with Diana's built in tankiness and built in ability to kill their carries.

If there is supposed to be a risk reward system for when diana goes in on enemy champions there is a problem because i only see reward.

For my background information I am a 1200 ELO player who has played hundreds of normal games and about 90 ranked games, In all my experience i have never complained about a champion on the forums but she has moved me to do so. I have also been playing for over a year now and I even thought darius and zyra were fair to lane against if you picked the proper champion and played well but the consensus seems to be that these champions are over powered. This leads me to think that Diana must be some kind of mega overpowered champion and i would like you to nerf her.

dandtheswang

08-14-2012

I actually only created this forum account to address Diana's ability to outclass other champions at nearly all role types

TaoMonkey

08-20-2012

mmm today i found that with ryze you can trade with diana fairly. If my jungler would not have invaded the enemy jungle twice, getting me and him killed in the proccess diana would not have been able to snowball. I was running MR blues, merc boots, and after tear of godess i went for an early banshee. E-Q harass and doding her Q, when she tried to go for the kill trying to surprise me with her pull i just activated my ult, moved a bit, snared and combo. Melted. I have to say that i was OOM way before her most of the time. The thing with her is that she gets needlessly large rod and a bit of tankiness and then she destroys your carry in team fights, she is really hard to peel and it seems she never goes OOM. Id like to see a nerf to her passive and maybe her base stats, and the mana cost of her Q.

ABagofRyce

08-20-2012

even if she is nerfed i would say just nerf the damage the shield does at lvl 1 and lvl 2 but return it after that. in all honesty before lvl 6 she only has 2 spells that do damage 1 nuke 1 shield and one thats purely cc use only no damage at all. if you keep your distance from her you'll be fine plus its easy to predict where the q is going cause it shoots from the same arc every time. you play against her like you play against akali. In addition shes not really lethal until lvl 6 cause you only have to worry about the q and keeping your distance and she might even waste a flash if to get close so just flash away or else you will die cause its 2v1. Lastly she can't lvl 2 gank worth a **** so you don't have to worry about her until lvl 3 or 4 depending on when she gets her cc ability.

I feel like all the people who are complaining oh shes op shes op first of all don't ward in the right places, overextend when they know jungle is near, or just plain get too close when you're in lane. shes ap melee if you're ranged she can't touch you unless with a q which is easily dodged and also hard to shoot.

Shes a lot like lee sin but that what makes he fun to play

Míley Dyrus

08-20-2012

Nerf passive, nerf Q, nerf shield
muahahahahahahaha