Akali rage against TF ult

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

survient

09-12-2010

Am I the only person who gets the immediate instinct to grab TF every time I see an Akali on the enemy champ screen? I can't count how many times I've had a team with a TF who ults just when she thinks she's covered by stealth and gets owned for it. Waste of an ult or worthwhile venture?

Syco

09-12-2010

One if it gets a kill it is far from a waste. Two the ultimate has a relatively short cooldown and gives him a teleport somewhere to be useful. Also when revealing the invisible Akali you then get sight of every other hero to see if it is worth engaging her or her allies, and if there is a good gank anywhere else. Also TF isn't only good for his ability to reveal invisible hero he has many different uses I don't feel like going into detail with atm. I feel lazy atm sue me.

survient

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syco View Post
One if it gets a kill it is far from a waste. Two the ultimate has a relatively short cooldown and gives him a teleport somewhere to be useful. Also when revealing the invisible Akali you then get sight of every other hero to see if it is worth engaging her or her allies, and if there is a good gank anywhere else. Also TF isn't only good for his ability to reveal invisible hero he has many different uses I don't feel like going into detail with atm. I feel lazy atm sue me.
Nono I get you ofc he's got more than just revealing stealth units, just wasn't sure if it was a waste of his ult. After checking the CD I'm thinking this is a viable strategy, provided it doesn't result in a 2 for 1 kill or sommat.

SuicidalPankake

09-12-2010

As an Akali player, I dont really have much trouble with TF unless I'm running away, in which case he can destiny/teleport and kill me. But isnt that true of any champion running away on low hp?

However, I carry exhaust, which is probably why he doesnt give me any trouble in lane/ganks.

Brontobeuf

09-12-2010

Akali will burst TF too easily. Corky maybe... ?

Puckthepwner

09-12-2010

TF is indeed a counter to any hero with stealth mechanics. Though you have to be a really good player to actually take opportunity of the small window you can see them.

Another counter to Akali would be Corki, as his AoE stealth reveal makes twilight shroud almost useless. But the other stealth champions really aren't as hurt by it.

A Retarded Clown

09-12-2010

if I notice a twitch coming towards me in a vicinity and have an ally nearby..ill use it to kill them...I build hybrid TF so that ur stupid exhaust doesn't work...and ignite + wildcards usually does the trick...esp since 3 - wild cards = dead akali without any hp items. USually I just do it to reveal, let my team do the killing and teleport to a bush somewhere far away from enemy presence and push.

btw if u haven't tried it yet...hybrid TF> AD TF hands down. I used to think otherwise but then realized that if I go hybrid I need to adjust my gamestyle. Once I did that...oh are the rewards sweet or what. There are few AoE's as devastating as ur red card + wild cards ( can do around 800 damage each go to all their team late game) and considering the low cd...its crazy. Add lich bane procs and gold card to the mix...and it becomes a kill fest.

However..TF is horrible against every hero with a blink/flash except shaco and perhaps shen.

He combos very well with both however..TF + shaco or TF + shen combo is destructive.
ESp TF + shen...u've got 2 members that can come out of no where to rape you when they JUST destroyed top and took out that turret.

It also works when TF needs an emergency tank to take down a turret. If the shen is smart...he can help tf take down the towers in seconds (if u use red cards + lich bane proc...most turrets go down in 8-10 seconds tops...ofc dont stand there for 10 seconds..do it 5 at a time then run)

JohnCataldo

09-12-2010

It's perfectly reasonable to counter stealth with TF's ult IF you get a kill out of it. Akali's stealth is quite strong and hard to actively fight, but it's a huge win if you can focus her down when she thinks she'd be safe.

Any ult that gives your team +1 kill is a good ult. It's really not much of a question in my mind.

The only real question is if you can pull it off effectively. You don't get a lot of time. =)

Baconnaise

09-12-2010

You could also for 150 gold just keep a vision ward on you for when she drops shroud. Regardless of what you do though you can carry exhaust or use that active on hextech gun or gunblade itself. Hell even the active on omen works pretty well most of the time.

imhuge

09-12-2010

it's not worth it since Akali will kill him 100% after Rylais if he sticks his head out alone

Twilight Shroud still has a big amount of armor/resist on it so if Akali fights instead of just waiting for cooldowns she's still dangerous
if she has Flash, then it's even harder to focus her

basically, if the player plays her like a normal dps champ instead of playing like a stealth champ, having vision doesn't change a thing