Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Relaunch: Katarina, the Sinister Blade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadowrod5

08-15-2012

im a katarina player. im not really sure if this gonna be better or not. i mean i like the Q the way it is, now hit 4 enemys? mmm i really have to think about this change. but new efect and custom are really cool

c1loper

08-15-2012

was NOT expecting this to happen. :/

Lîquefìer

08-15-2012

Can I get refunded for katarina and all the skins I bought for her? I'll get the legendary chogath skin and play that until he becomes "unfriendly" to newer players and gets nerfed into kingdom come. #dansemacbre

skaberen

08-15-2012

Quote:
Lîquefìer:
Can I get refunded for katarina and all the skins I bought for her? I'll get the legendary chogath skin and play that until he becomes "unfriendly" to newer players and gets nerfed into kingdom come. #dansemacbre

That's really a very good point. I own two Katarina skins myself. They should at least allow us to trade in skins for other champion skins, or give a Riot Point refund. As it stands, I find myself less likely to buy other skins, since the nerf bat seems inevitable (particularly for some of the fotm like Zyra or Diana).

The Magic Lizard

08-15-2012

Dislike the change after playing her today. She does exceptionally well at clearing jungle and creeps in lane. However, her harrass early game does nothing because of the damage decrease to her Q, even with the mark it applies, you don't exactly want to be melee range in mid lane when you know their jungler will gank at level 2. Also damage to e and ult was nerfed. She was already borderline viable due to cc being a challenge. Now not only can she still be cc'd, but she does less damage with q before she dies. I really hope Riot can find a better way to approach the changes to upcoming champions and not just basically "rework" a champion that needed to change. Experienced players were fine with her, if the change was to make her a recommended champion and that's it, well then you've done your job. But you might also want to change lee sin so he is more newcomer friendly. (I'm joking. Please don't rework anymore champions.) Also, the sound effects and her look were "nerfed" in my opinion as well. Basically, i liked the old kat and didn't see a need for a change other than early level damage/lane phase

Please give the community the old Katarina back that everyone loved to play. Or at least something closer to it than this.

The Magic Lizard

08-15-2012

The point of having 100+ champions is the diversity that players get to choose from. Every player (i assume) can play one champion really well and can't play another champion if their lives depended on it (myself included). I can't play viktor AT ALL. However one of the champions that was my favorite (Katarina) is now trash. This was a total nerf to her kit, I have to wait until 6 to take over lane, assuming the enemy team has no jungler. I can no longer harass and then w+q to reduce enemy healing from a distance. Her visual and audio rework was not needed, the sound of shunpo was like she was creating magic. Now it sounds like someone dropped a whole pile of spoons on the ground. Unnecessary rework in my opinion. If you want to make Katarina more friendly to new players, why not come out with a new champion instead? (with all these changes actually, i find her to be a new champion. So please give the community the old Katarina back, or at least something closer to it than this useless champion)

Kraxiel

08-15-2012

bring back old kat!!

SBSuperman

08-15-2012

Her new model is so ugly... specifically the Kitty Cat Katarina, my former absolute favorite skin in the game. I was fine with switching the nice NA art to the Chinese versions because my Kat was left alone... now Riot hit her with the ugly bat

SB

Summoner LMAO

08-15-2012

I dont know what they said about initial damage...
I play Katarina and i know i am useless till 5-6...i can deal whit it. Maybe they should fix base damage in order to make farm easy. Of course...a lot of people play agressive at low lvl...and die and feed enemies. Or is Xin Zhao OP at lvl 2-3?
Initial damage is bull****, learn to wait the right moment, farm and use the right spells is the key.

skaberen

08-15-2012

Well, from my initial testing of Katarina, I guess I have to eat crow. The changes don't do much to hinder my current playstyle. I basically have to turret hug a bit more when I lane mid, and I changed my skill progression dramatically. But I came out 16/6 and 10/2, with a quadra kill and a couple of triple kills, and I can sweep away minions pretty fast with the Q+W combo.