Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Relaunch: Katarina, the Sinister Blade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Call me Crona

08-14-2012

I've been saying she's need a buff for a while now, but this rework is nice too.

Mostly because most forms of CC will crush her, and so many champs have a silence or knockup ability, it almost makes her unviable. She's still an amazing champ without her ultimate though.

skaberen

08-14-2012

Quote:
Call me Crona:
I've been saying she's need a buff for a while now, but this rework is nice too.

Mostly because most forms of CC will crush her, and so many champs have a silence or knockup ability, it almost makes her unviable. She's still an amazing champ without her ultimate though.

As a mediocre Katarina player, I can say that she does not need a buff. I love the fact that I have to work like a dog early game in order to have a chance at being competitive or legendary mid to late game.

But this relaunch is not a buff. Riot said its purpose is to nerf her early game harassment. Katarina does not need a buff, but she DEFINITELY does not need a nerf.

Zenzii

08-14-2012

lol dont worry if you enjoyed working like a dog to stay in lane, you will get plenty of time to do that with new kat, and as long as you farm after like the 15 minute mark, clearing minion waves within about 1 second. the new kat will still be able to smash late game.

okumora

08-14-2012

Honestly, I have Katarina but I hardly ever play her because i wasn't too fond about her playstyle. However, I do like these changes a lot and I believe they will make Kata more viable. I am a little curious though about her semi-new kit because she seems a lot more like akali (which is probably why I like these changes due to being a huge fan of Akali), so I am wondering if anyone else got the same feeling that I did.

TigerYamatoGX

08-14-2012

1- So you nerfed Shunpo damage and CD on Katarina only because you wanted to end an enemy in a more realistic way... In what kind realistic way you thinked of?...

2- Why did you reduced the damage of BB if they just lost the power buff of KI?, I watched the video and you said that she needs her poke reduced, ok, only KI out was the only thing needed in order to nerf BB, nothing else, it was a decent poke, but the damage reduction made this attack "weak".

TheDuckOverlord

08-14-2012

Riot, I had been posting in the forums against this Kat remake in both this forum, and TiensiNoAkuma's forum post. I hope that this will not last long, because after playing the new Kat on the PBE my fear of the nerf became justified. Please change her back to the way she was, so that new and old Kat players alike can continue to have killing sprees.

BlizzardSpell

08-14-2012

i dont like the idea that bouncing blade will hit the more close target when the spell is cast . Katarina should be a chapion that is unpredictable . I like the idea of the new spell and the new effect that will be on shunpo bouncing blade and death lotus.

Danmandred

08-14-2012

Are you taking away the AD modifier from Bouncing Blades?

Katarìna

08-15-2012

Quote:
Beat Punchbeef:
The early game harassment from our current Katarina was simply too egregious and given for free. We tried to manage this in early testing by giving her a resource (mana) but that gameplay simply wasn't fun for the Katarina player. Her trade-off now is melee engagement and putting herself at risk. Not getting amazing poke for free sounds healthy to me.

What kind of drugs are you on. Kat's poke was only good when coupled with KI, when it had 6 bounces, and when it had dual scaling, when it didn't have it's damage split into two parts.

Seriously, let me know what kind of drugs you're on that you think balancing in a vacuum is acceptable. I'd like to live in that fantasy world for a while.

You removed the 6 bounces, removed the full damage, removed the dual scaling, nerfed the damage, all for a ****ty Akali cut and paste that no one wanted.

Mana or Energy with a blue buff makes stuff basically free anyway.

Katarìna

08-15-2012

I want a ****ing apology from the incompetent schmuck who thought that this was a good, acceptable rework of one of our beloved classic champs. I could have done that **** better.