Champion Relaunch: Katarina, the Sinister Blade

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Death Korp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2012

The second I saw Katarina was getting a rework I knew my favorite character was going to be absolutely destroyed. Riot your original designers knew what they were doing. They made the game fun. Your current design theory of "balance everything by making it bland" is garbage. I have played Katarina since she was first released in the beta. I have seen you guys have absolutely horrendous time balancing her. But you seemed to of finally hit the right spot last time. Now you once again have ruined the character.

You have now made a hybrid characters who's main offensive ability isn't effected by being a hybrid. The fact that katarina can blink on top of someone and gain a speed boost means absolutely nothing now that is going to be once again forced to play AP. Because her auto attack isn't going to be worth a ****. The best part about Katarina has always been that good players who know their timing have a high risk high reward payout. You have now increased the risk by making her even easier to kill and lowered the payout. Completely ass backwards.

MrGasmoney

08-13-2012

As one of my main champions i feel this is both good and bad. what i think is bad is the healing reduction going to her ultimate. Why do you need to put multiple stacks of healing reduction on someone if they dont stack (i'm assuming they don't). A real bonus i felt with katarina was that you harassed with your abilities and when they popped a health potion, killer instincts into bouncing blade would cut that early game ability to heal and thus give you an advantage to casters that typically have CC of some kind.

v2j99

08-13-2012

im really looking forward to see how this will pan out ... any ideas on when ?

ApplesnSuch

Recruiter

08-13-2012

ill sht my self if this comes out tom !!!!!!!!!!! noooooo leave her alone plzzzzzzzz

Katarėna

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat Punchbeef View Post
The early game harassment from our current Katarina was simply too egregious and given for free. We tried to manage this in early testing by giving her a resource (mana) but that gameplay simply wasn't fun for the Katarina player. Her trade-off now is melee engagement and putting herself at risk. Not getting amazing poke for free sounds healthy to me.
Maybe you should look at other champs that have a basically free, safe, strong poke then. How am I supposed to lane against say... Cassi or Gragas or Orianna or TF now? All have safe strong pokes that don't get nerfed merely because there's a mana cost associated with them. How about Kennen? The cost is even less, because he doesn't run out of Energy. And blue buffs makes it so that mana doesn't matter either. So what's the point. You can't balance in a vacuum bro. Which is what you're trying to do.

Forcing me to engage and use forced synergy is a disruption of her entire playstyle, and you guys should be ashamed you couldn't find a way fix Kat without ruining her for a lot of people. Because I, and probably many others, could have told you how to do it if you had taken the time to ask us, instead of mangling the champ and expecting us to swallow it without any issue.

skaberen

08-14-2012

Quote:
Although Katarina’s manaless, cooldown-based abilities put a unique spin on her gameplay, she’s historically faced a number of challenges in the very early game and in team fight situations. In this update, we’ve made a few changes to her kit aimed at addressing these difficulties, while retaining the core elements that make playing this Noxian femme fatale a fun and satisfying experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat Punchbeef View Post
The early game harassment from our current Katarina was simply too egregious and given for free. We tried to manage this in early testing by giving her a resource (mana) but that gameplay simply wasn't fun for the Katarina player. Her trade-off now is melee engagement and putting herself at risk. Not getting amazing poke for free sounds healthy to me.
On the champion relaunch page (first quote), Riot says that the difficulties of playing an early game Katarina have been addressed. But Beet Punchbeef says that the purpose of the rework is to reduce Katarina's early game harassment.

So which one is it, Riot? At least have the decency to be honest, rather than two-faced.

Uyan Tien

08-14-2012

Quote:
On the champion relaunch page (first quote), Riot says that the difficulties of playing an early game Katarina have been addressed. But Beet Punchbeef says that the purpose of the rework is to reduce Katarina's early game harassment.

So which one is it, Riot? At least have the decency to be honest, rather than two-faced.
After playing LOL not for so long, around 2 years, and having Kata as my main hero, I come for my first time to the forum, just to quote this and type: Agreed.

DemonXelo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2012

It's like she copy's my main Akali even more now... Why put another Akali?

shadowthornx

08-14-2012

I think this patch is a great idea, My main champion is katarina and this new patch will affect my game play alot. As the Riot team said "Her untimate was way too unrelaiable for a main damage source" I totally agree . katarina can't do anything but harass until level 6 and even though I love her bouncing blades abilty, It was getting a bit unfair as I can give it life heal reducing when the enemy team uses a healing potion. I think this change will be for the better , as her unti needs katarina to be fast so she can be in a good location dealing tons of damage without being noticed too much. Also I hate to lose the life healing reduction and the damge reducing on shunpo because then Katarina would be like a new champion for me and I might have to quit using her.

Good job Riot team , you have just changed the game for better

Sincerely: An enthusiastic player Shadowthornx

Travistyse

08-14-2012

To be honest. I came here to QQ because she wasn't released to the live servers today. And I was mislead into playing a game as prerework Kat. Not bad. But.. after so many games as the new Kat it did leave me saddened

Y U NO RELEASE UPDATE ON TEH TUESDAYS? Q_Q