Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Relaunch: Katarina, the Sinister Blade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

N49

08-10-2012

Quote:
Morello:
Well, she's not worthless now if the enemy has a stun because she can actually do other stuff I think that alone has tons of value for Katarina.

With increased cooldown on Shunpo, that other stuff will mostly involve building like a bruiser to spam more W while you run between the enemies.

Sure, it's a step up from the run between enemies and AA bad and/or AD Katarinas did before, but It would be a step back in terms of being interesting or unique.

I mean, by the sound of it, you have lower ratios on a higher cooldown... and a low-cooldown AoE skill on W...
No, that totally dosen't sound like all the other bruisers that were recently released... Not a single **** bit...

y0 EzrealGod

08-10-2012

Akali is that you? :O

Le choix

08-10-2012

awesome... as katarina player.. this look extrimly good! date of patch?¿

KayVee

08-10-2012

i believe my 30-5 games just changed to 40-0

Havic764

08-10-2012

Wow that's awesome! I can't wait.

KingRadishMan

08-10-2012

As a long time Katarina player I believe the remake she has is a long time coming and i totally get where they are coming from on the remake.

Good Kat players will know that good opponents will surely escape her ult long before it finishes it's channel or they will have inturrupted it and made kat totally useless.

nerfing her ult channel makes sense because it allowed them to buff her in other areas that will improve her early game lane sustain. Before it was really tough to reliably farm minions and keep your lane pushed you had to rely totally on harrassment that would put you in danger just to stay on top of the early game. giving her a movement speed buff and an area effect attack for her w gives smart players should give a slight edge and advantage to get her away from bad situations.

for all those complaining about her ad builds katarina should never be built pure ad with magic pen. It is overall grossly inferior to AP builds and relies on inconsistent snowballing items to be viable.

overall I can't wait to try the remake I think it will be exactly what kat needs

joebadberg

08-10-2012

you guys have essentially taken a hero that requires skill and timing and removed the entire element from playing her. you have opened her up to a whole new section of players who were previously bad with her cause they had no timing, and made her ridiculously op for players who do have timing. good job.

Old ßoy

08-10-2012

now just let us buy the referee kat and kitty kat skin so I can look more appealing while I play her. :]

MonkeyStyleKing

08-10-2012

Finally! one of my favorite champs to play getting re updated. thanks riot xD

Rollo Senpai

08-10-2012

if u guys screw up kat -____-
killer instincts is a great ability really riot -___-