Champion Relaunch: Katarina, the Sinister Blade

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkLinkin

08-10-2012

ooo nice i want her

Pistrik

08-10-2012

I'm concerned with how "spammable" this mobility buff may be, and it would overpower her kit more now. I suppose we'll have to find out.

IamUrChamp

08-10-2012

Riot that first paragraph is a lie if u put one point in killer instance u do full dmg also dont change something because of unskill players dont know how to play champs so just the way ppl yell at u for changing shunpo u going to get alot more if it dont go well also ppl that play passive kat are idiots if they have better reflex they can move fast enough not to get hit and harass faster and put out more dmg but dumb ppl love getting hit by spears lazer grab arm etc it like they magnets to them. every time unskill players cant play champs u change the champs for them lame -_- what i really want to say had 50 bad things in it so if i say it i might get bans for saying it and this is my mains for 2 season of ur game

TheSarex

08-10-2012

When is warwick getting redone, at least the splash art...

dtech

08-10-2012

nice work with the huge nerfs on kat!

BladesOfShakuras

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2012

As a katarina player, I am not sure how to see this update, I can only wait and see how she has been revamped. I didn't mind her previous killer instinct.

Get Tactical

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by orakio View Post
@Kamikaze1123 You didn't get armor from W, you got damage reduction. That is now built into Shunpo making it even more effective.

Her non ultimate burst should be better, the only downside is the missing AD from Killer Instict. Looks like a bit less of a 1 trick pony but playtesting will show if she is good or not.
This is a massive buff on a champion who is already very strong ( having the highest damage single ability in game) First let me say that in over 20 years of gaming there is nothing worse in PvP than automation. Katarina has essentially kept both skills of her previous "W" except now you no longer need to hit the button before activating the damage reduction from shunpo IT DOES IT FOR YOU. because oh ya this game has too many buttons right? i find it a little nauseating that those who favor katarina seem to initially view this as a nerf. When in fact she's received a new ability and kept everything she already had. Katarina wasn't weak before this change , this is blatant partiality on the part of champion designers having a sentimental attachment to kat. She's not in the 70% of champions that are consistently played in ranked NOT because she is weak early (though that is true, and if you wanted to fix that you could have JUST modified bouncing blades instead of giving her a whole other ability and buffing every single other ability) it is because her greatest attribute and trademark (death lotus) is counter-able by MANY champions and its not difficult to discern when Kat's typically going to use it. Now you're going to make her 1 of the most mobile on the field and still in the top 5 burst damage. I'm curious how can you be guilty of such a MASSIVE oversight, this isn't going to work , you will nerf her twice , stop consulting with blizzard for advice , they could screw up a wet dream

bxdarkangel

08-10-2012

i dont like the rework. at all. been playin kat for like, 2 years now without an issue except for the death lotus stopping power all other champs get.
kats issues
1. every champ and their mother has some form of cc to stop her ult. (stun, knock up, move to the side slightly, etc.)
2. bouncing blade is too random

the best change to kat in my opinion was when Riot gave her the buff with killer instincts. being able to chose front or back of target with shunpo. the new movement speed buff is well, useless. anyone who plays kat will tell u, as soon as she enters a teamfight, she is focused down, stunned, and screwed. Move speed wont help this. all kat players wait for the opportune moment to enter a team fight so they dont get slammed. having another ability that relys on being surrounded by the enemy is a waste of an ability slot.

If you really wanna fix bouncing blade, make it prioritize champs. every other champ nowadays, albeit an old champ or a new one, all of their ricochet abilities prioritize champs.
Wanna stop kat from being shut down so hardcore? Easy, stop giving every new champ tht comes out a redundant CC ability (draven and his little push to the side ability)
or even better, make her able to use a zhonya's hourglass during her ult like fiddle can.

C'mon Riot, Katarinas my absolute fave champ. Don't take her away T_T

Picuic

08-10-2012

OH MY GAWD, finally! I was waiting for something like this for a looong time! Bring it on, I'll be waiting for the new patch.

GodDamnedBatman

08-10-2012

so many haters in the thread, the changes are awesome riot, i think the most notable thing for me is the model, since i only played kat in solo blind, as i found she got shut down a lot in actual games, but with this changes ill surely give it a try and look forward for any more modifications this new kit can provide