Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sign-ups For the Public Beta Environment

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CormacDunn

08-28-2012

Quote:
K3MIXxPSYCHO:
so i can do it on saturday?

I hear there are these great things called calendars. They even started putting them on computers and phones and walls and watches... The miracles of technology. (Paid for by the office of calendar makers in association with the international society of time keepers, and brought to you by the concept of time.)

DarkestSuccuboss

08-28-2012

perhaps, if riot added a system that grants those old players whom worked hard to test for new bugs a chance to test new champions earlier. It would be better, rather than having a day in the month available for sign-up which isn't going to help much since new players are probably not familiar with PBE or just plain trolling.

simply, let old players with a good record get more privileges than new players who just signed up in PBE.

This way it'll encourage new players to actually not troll? at least the trolling is reduced because they'll have to remain behaved for a long while to get the privilege to even test new champions early.

Plus, having a system binding a pbe account from another server is also a good idea too since it can help keep track of a player, but obviously accounts that are bonded should have more privileges as well.

just an idea to consider, hope it helps you guys figure something out at least..hmph!

lahej2nku

08-29-2012

guys tell me why I cant

CormacDunn

08-29-2012

Quote:
lahej2nku:
guys tell me why I cant

Well, just going out on a limb here, but maybe it's because you can't read. If you could read, the first post on here would explain everything. My suggestion(not that you can read this) would be Hooked on Phonics. Its worked miracles for millions of young readers.

dieGODLIKE

08-29-2012

i have an account but i need download the game

epicfilmore

08-29-2012

wow some of you are just so oblivious or ignorant you see you get frustrated cause you get redirected to here hmmmmmm lets see how can this be fixed to see why.................. MAYBE READ THE FIRST FREAKING THING cmon are you that blind im not trying to be rude or anything but cmon commen sense people

KatuXiK

08-29-2012

You know, if you're quick about it, you can press the little "stop" button on your browser, to stay on the sign up page. Unfortunately the sign up button still doesn't work (what would you expect, with sign ups being closed and all) but you can actually click "download the game" to get to the download page. You have to press "stop" again or you'll get redirected here, but you can download it if you manage to stay on that page. I'm currently downloading the PBE client, so when september 1st finally rolls around, I wont have to wait for the download

bigred66

08-30-2012

while i think its a good idea what about people wanting to signup in the middle of the month for the 1st time

Poco28

08-30-2012

perfect can wait to sign up be the perfect place to test new builds an character without caring if u win our lose

CormacDunn

08-30-2012

Quote:
Poco28:
perfect can wait to sign up be the perfect place to test new builds an character without caring if u win our lose

Thats not what PBE is for... THIS (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1490366) thread tells all...

to quote: "What is the Public Beta Environment?
The Public Beta Environment is a test-centric realm used to find bugs before patches are released live. PBE is not a place for serious competition or a place to try out new champions. It is a test environment where our players can help report bugs and give us feedback on changes we are implementing before it goes on the regular servers. We are looking for patient players with strong attention to detail to help us out."