Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sign-ups For the Public Beta Environment

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotDevan

01-24-2013

Quote:
Skapanda:
what cruel person would lie and say the sign ups were open for a day I was looking forward to testing the Mac client.

Well they were open at some point yesterday; I was able to register then.

Nemoir

01-24-2013

Why You Close So Fast... dont you want people to keep playing your game?

Tsbaki

01-24-2013

Thank you for the info, i've been wondering about why i cant sign up for PBE. Thank You

The Tantrums

01-25-2013

will this be ope again?

Thursti

01-25-2013

How do I help test for the mac client if I can't sign up for PBE!?

Mycrœscopic

01-25-2013

Quote:
Thursti:
How do I help test for the mac client if I can't sign up for PBE!?

You...have a Mac. My recommendation is sell it, and buy a PC 100 times better. Or make a ton of music and videos instead of playing Leagues.

Sa1yan

01-25-2013

Quote:
Mycrœscopic:
You...have a Mac. My recommendation is sell it, and buy a PC 100 times better. Or make a ton of music and videos instead of playing Leagues.

How sad that you think that that's all Mac's are good for. Shame on you.

Anyways,
Per the article, it seemed that the Mac beta client was gonna be released soon. That's probably why they only opened up the PBE registration for a few moments. This is exciting though, we will now be able to play on an official mac client with possible zero lag issues instead of a unstable Cider port by iLoL (good work though).

TwilightSparkill

01-25-2013

Quote:
RiotNyandalee:
November Update

Current Status: Closed

Hello PBE’ers! We have seen enormous growth of the player base on the PBE over the last few months and we’d like to ensure that we are preserving the experience for those who have been participating in providing bug reports and feedback.

As such, we will be temporarily closing sign-ups. We do plan to re-open them in the future but we have multiple changes we’d like to make before allowing the population to grow further. At this time, we do not anticipate sign-ups opening for approximately two months. Please note, however, that this may change randomly as necessary.

Kind regards,
RiotNyandalee

willy you open the beta again for mac users to get in

Empathy Freak

01-25-2013

Quote:
Panzerfaust:
Have there been any thoughts on tying the PBE account to a regular account? (I'm sure there have been, as I know it's not original... I guess the better question would have been 'what are your thoughts on...')

I think the problem with tying a PBE account to our regular accounts would be that they do not want testers to get some sort of advantage in normal ques. By having the accounts linked, we do not have to work/pay for the things that we need in-game. Lets face it, if these tied together, then no one would really be a normal player anymore.

Michio Kaku

01-25-2013

Quote:
Empathy Freak:
I think the problem with tying a PBE account to our regular accounts would be that they do not want testers to get some sort of advantage in normal ques. By having the accounts linked, we do not have to work/pay for the things that we need in-game. Lets face it, if these tied together, then no one would really be a normal player anymore.

They meant "tie" as in if you get banned on PBE, you get your main banned. Nothing to do with your main's actual status with items or anything....=