Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sign-ups For the Public Beta Environment

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ValorAndGlory

Recruiter

12-11-2012

@logandune No problem, also what OMG said is right, you really need to just keep checking back here every so often, a good benchmark would be every 2 days.

jleester

12-12-2012

After signing up for a PBE account a month ago, I tried signing in today. It turns out that my account does not exist. Do you have to renew your account on the PBE every month?

Duckqt

12-12-2012

So League of Legends has like 30 Million Players + (or so what I've heard)
How is Riot not prepared for all this? lol...

Zarlakk

12-12-2012

What is really frustrating about The sign ups being closed is that the sign ups are only closed becuase people are taking advantage of the free IP + RP. I can Guarantee that there are many others out there that feel the same way as me. I would love to be apart of the PBE just so I can test things before they're released and give feedback and bug reports... but because the server is being hogged by boobs and trolls! me and many other players miss out and i know there is no way to fix it but its really pissy

ValorAndGlory

Recruiter

12-12-2012

Two part response time.

@jleester if I am not mistaken if your account is inactive for so long I think they delete it and free up that summoner name.

@Zarlakk while I agree that it is messed up that the pbe server is flooded with people that are just taking advantage of it, it still gives those on it the chance to test for bugs that might only show up under certain circumstances, such as the Viktor/Annie bug, with so many players on there was more then ample opportunity for that bug to pop up if it wasn't for the overwhelmingly large population on both the pbe and live servers that bug might have gone on unnoticed much longer.

nane1

12-12-2012

Does anyone or at least riot know when the sign ups are held ag
ain because of the November update?

ExEquiel759

12-13-2012

please re-open the sign-ups

Komeiji Koishi

12-13-2012

Quote:
Kades:
We're not sure when we will turn the signups back on. We need to do a more efficient job of screening our applicants and need to put processes in place that preserves the experience for people who are trying to report bugs and give productive feedback- and not just try out 'free' content early.

I appreciate your interest in wanting to contribute to PBE- while our invitation process is still being ironed out (so nothing is finalized)- I'm going to push to have people who have actively been reporting reproducable bugs in our 'bugs forum' to get preference.

One of the main goals of PBE was to spot bugs before they go out to live- it makes sense that players who are already reporting bugs on live would be welcome additions. The goal is not to simply provide players with a 'playable preview' of upcoming changes or champions.

Reposting Kades' post here (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=32390294#post32390294) for future reference. PBE might turn into an invite-only deal and opening of the signups is not guaranteed.

That being said, do check up here for updates if you really want to sign up. Who knows, they might reopen at the beginning of January and if you want to join PBE don't miss this thread.

GhostBladesz

12-14-2012

hey is there anyway of recovering my PBE account username havnt used it in a few weeks due to not having enough time and thanks to the damn patch I just installed it wiped my saved username and I cant remember it ( can you guys change that username wipe on update it really sucks ) really annoying part is since I use alot of different usernames and passwords it could be any of them

GhostBladesz

12-14-2012

ps my username is RIPEVERY1 on this I use it to test how new champs will perform and how new items will perform aswell as trying new champs before I buy