Ask Diana winner here!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Írillyth

08-09-2012

I distinctly remember telling you I liked both of em Kat... But given that I couldn't vote for both of them I gave it to the one I thought should win, if that makes me a bad person then I can live with that.

Dear Diana (with the weird i) and Heretic both gave really good submissions, you all stated yourselves it was very close, while the backlash from this community doesn't surprise me one bit, and I guarantee that the same would have happened if DD had won.

Ask the Lunari

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rillyth View Post
I distinctly remember telling you I liked both of em Kat... But given that I couldn't vote for both of them I gave it to the one I thought should win, if that makes me a bad person then I can live with that.

Dear Diana (with the weird i) and Heretic both gave really good submissions, you all stated yourselves it was very close, while the backlash from this community doesn't surprise me one bit, and I guarantee that the same would have happened if DD had won.
You mean if Heretic did~

The Cryophoenix

08-09-2012

I respect you greatly Grand Viper, and I love your RP style and work, and of course you know I'd never down vote a post without logical merit. However! I will note that I disagree with you, I think that Ask the Heretic, or Ask the Lunari as she is now called, is the superior Diana because she stay's closer to the character concept. I take this from a few reasons, but the biggest one is quotes from Skribbles and IronStylus, the Riot Employees who created the character.

Riot: "She should be a very vicious character without showing much emotion. We had a very clear idea what she was from the beginning and that gave us the chance to focus more on fun and translation."

IronStylus: We couldn’t nail down what she was and Colt “Ezreal” Hallam said, “She’s a heretic”. She’s exiled from the Solari. That turned her symbology, emotions, lack of emotions into something. Wow. Yes. That nails it. It was an internal challenge and after that revelation, the floodgates were opened. We were passionate about this character and that spread to a lot of other people. She’s an awesome lore-based champion..

IronStylus: She is cold and emotionless, but she has a cleanliness and preciseness with minimal facial expressions that is present in anime. She can’t look bored. How do you sell detached without being bored? How do you make tragic not too sad? The answer is that complex characters gain something back, even through tragedy.

I think Dear Diana simply showed TOO much emotion, she wasn't the badass that Riot wanted she was more the poor hurting soul, a victim of her circumstances. That's not bad writing of course, it's actually really good writing, yet while her portrayal was certainly makes her more relatable and emotional, as it makes her an apathetic villain, that's not QUITE what Riot had in mind with her. She's relatable, she's a tragic character, and as you noted had more of an emotional tie to her portrayal... but she wasn't Diana.

Riot writes the Cannon, everything I do in the Ask Anivia Board I try VERY VERY hard to stay as close to this cannon as possible, and I like to think I have made success on this. I would never agree with saying that staying 100% cannon is impossible, just difficult, but for a talented writer remaining cannon would not stop them from being active or being involved in stuff. Ask the Lunari has shown to be a VERY talented writer, and I think she'll do amazing and most of all remain true to the character, maybe not 100%, but more than Ask Diana I feel.

I still think Ask Diana did an amazing job, and I love her writing style and I hope she comes back and tries again, but I feel that Ask the Lunari is the superior Diana.

Remember my trick is to read everything written in the voice of the character's voice actor, that's how I do most of my Anivia posts. I can read everything Ask the Lunari says easily, Ask Diana... I find the way she sets up her words more difficult to do so. I have no problem stating publicly that I fully back Ask the Lunari. ^.^

But if you don't mind me also noting, the vote was cast and continuing to debate this can only cause more harm than good. We shouldn't start casting a shadow over the new Diana, and making her doubt HOW she got her board. This is something that only time can tell if we made the right choice, for now all we can do is speculate and throw out a lot of what-ifs. To continue to debate it will only make the new Diana hesitant to continue.

Unmasked Angel

08-09-2012

Well, as I said before. Lunari is the new Diana, she can proceed with her.

Dark Reiora

08-09-2012

I think further improvements to how new champion roleplayers are decided still need to be considered. There are some notable flaws with both the judging and voting, and I'm sure there's something better out there.

Grand Viper

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cryophoenix View Post
I respect you greatly Grand Viper, and I love your RP style and work, and of course you know I'd never down vote a post without logical merit. However! I will note that I disagree with you...
Fair enough. If you want to discuss this or just want to talk to me, please add this account or just add me on skype. Do know that I respect your opinion, I like how you RP Anivia, and you do bring up valid points. For the sake of the new Diana, however, I will not discuss them here. As you said, we do not want to make her hesitant.

(Forgive me for shortening the quote, but I didn't want to put another block of text up so right after.)

Script Lord

08-09-2012

Ask Diana wehre?

Ask The Maven

08-09-2012

Will there be some reevaluating of how to handle the 'contests' and new people, after this?

Script Lord

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask The Maven View Post
Will there be some reevaluating of how to handle the 'contests' and new people, after this?
Boooooooooooooooooooooooobies

IS1c35b91acc2fd88f04ccd

08-09-2012

Change comes gradually, keep that in mind.

I can only hope that the community will learn from this lesson, and become even better through it.