Ask Diana winner here!

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Írillyth

08-09-2012

OP was downvoted?

Perhaps the community disapproves of the committee's decision?

Thoughts?

Ask The Maven

08-09-2012

My only major issue is that this step leads us to a much more 'closed' RP group, in an open forum we have no control over. =/ I dunno, Maybe it'll go fine, and I'm just being a worrybug!

Nonetheless, it was great to see all the written judgements and such. :>

Ask the Heretic

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
While Ask the Heretic had a better grasp of the background lore via her judgment, I felt she did not really convey her relatioship with Leona very well.

The ending of her judgment made no sense to me. If Leona and Diana met right after in the ruins, it would have been their final battle then and there. In Diana's lore, Diana walked away from the temple as it fell into ruin. Leona was not there.

Heretic also had a better grasp of the dark stotic nature of Diana, but we didn't feel the raging emotion underneath very well. On the other hand, DD was a little 'too' emotional.

Dear Dana (the one with the weird i) was able to interact wit the other champions better, and tuthfully, it was nearly at a stage of heretic and DD being a tie that a coin toss was being considered.
Okay, I said I wouldn't.. but I am. Note, this is not me throwing a tantrum, and I respect your decision fully! I just always feel the need to give a reason for the things I did, even if it won't change anything!

Firstly, the judgment thing. I suppose I took a leaf out of Riot's lorebook and attempted to keep the focus on Diana rather than Diana AND Leona (revised Fiora and Shyvana lore is testament to this). I feel there is more to Diana than just Leona (even if their relationship is the very staple of her character, I see her as more than that).

The second point you made about it not making sense. I'm sorry if I didn't convey this well, but it was an illusion created by the Summoners (an alteration of the past, if you will). I can point to other judgments that do something similar to this, so it's definitely not out of the ordinary.

The raging emotion I admit to not conveying well, but my reasoning is that the Moon is calm, while boiling on the inside (as per symbolism). Diana has become a cold, ruthless killer and not one who spills her anger onto the ground but is bitten back and controlled (the way she says her lines in-game shows that she's holding it back, albeit barely).

Lastly, the Champion thing. Maybe I read the question wrong, but it was to write our thoughts on the Champions, and not actually interacting with them? I know the purpose was to see how well you could relate to other Champions (so I blame my failed reading comprehension on it being like.. 7am when I wrote it). If I had read it carefully, I definitely would have worded my answers better because as far as I knew, I was writing to show her thoughts. Interaction is a different ballpark.

Also, don't know if this was a joke, but a coin toss should never be considered for this kind of thing - bring in outside judges for that. xD

Anyway! Sorry for rambling, and I apologize if I sound like I'm a spoiled brat who wants the cake. Thank you for your time and patience. (:

Katárina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2012

Who the hell is downvoting everything? Seriously...

But as I said. This competition for Diana was the first one. it was a test to see how the community accepted it.

When the idea was proposed, there was a good amount of support for it. Enough to have us do it in fact which all the participants agreed to.

EDIT: Heretic we all enjoyed your RP and writings immensly, there is NOTHING against you personally.

As for the alteration of judgments, the only one that comes to mind really is Leona's herself. Where instead of the sun saving her, she is stabbed and indeed fights back to live.

As ou said with the last question, It was your thoughts upon those four champions. Which you both did. But the way it was written.

And yes, the cointoss thing was a joke. I was just trying to say how clonse it was. It could have leaned in any direction.

King Chrom

08-09-2012

shss the elite are speaking

Katárina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLerator View Post
shss the elite are speaking
I will end you by throwing a Talon at you.

Ask The Maven

08-09-2012

I doubt it's one person downvoting. At -9 that seems a lot for one person to pull off.

I'm not sure how anyone thought a contest with very subjective material (writing quality) would be a clear vote where everyone was happy. =/

King Chrom

08-09-2012

Quote:
I will end you by throwing a Talon at you.
Please, I didn't downvote but yeah..

Dear Dana

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Bott View Post
After Kat, GV and I discussed who we thought was best, we have all three decided the winner is *epic drum roll*............................................. .................................................. ..................Dear Dana!

Grand Viper will post his reasoning on why he thought DD should win, as well as Kat will post her own.

My own reasoning is that I believe DD had a better grasp lore wise, and how Diana's relationship with Leona would play out. But there is some room for improvement :P

As I said, Kat and GV will pose there reasons as well.

What up with the downvotes?
Okay wow, a lot of negativity in this thread.

I am happy you three chose me, really. But it seems that like a lot of people are against me.

I thoguht this was a contest in which to have fun and pick a Diana RPer, but it seems to have turned into people calling others elitist or what ever. I myself enjoyed Ask the Heretic's stuff a lot, and saw things that I could have done diffrently as well.

And ofc I get downvoted as well. Seems someone who upset or just downvote happy. =(

Ask the Heretic

08-09-2012

Quote:
As for the alteration of judgments, the only one that comes to mind really is Leona's herself. Where instead of the sun saving her, she is stabbed and indeed fights back to live.

As ou said with the last question, It was your thoughts upon those four champions. Which you both did. But the way it was written.
Oh, I understand you don't mean any harm! Seriously~

As for illusions.. I believe Irelia's as well had her father involved. Xin Zhao with the Squeaker pulling a shard from his eye, Vladimir seeing his dead mentor.. I should go on, but I guess you know by now that there's more than just Leona's judgment. :3

Could I ask you to elaborate on this for me? :0 I'd like to know what I could have done better, or what I should have added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask The Maven View Post
I doubt it's one person downvoting. At -9 that seems a lot for one person to pull off.

I'm not sure how anyone thought a contest with very subjective material (writing quality) would be a clear vote where everyone was happy. =/
I suppose a community vote would have made people happier, with the judges votes holding more weight (not saying I'm particularly subscribed to this idea, but just saying~)

123456 ... 8