if you need advice from a 2k elo player about anything in LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nakumine

09-25-2012

I think things tend to go bad because we'll lose a teamfight and then that sets the tone for the rest of the match, we'll assume they are more powerful because of that win and then be hesitant to engage again and not want to go out into the jungle. (It's usually at this point we have turrets down.)

If it helps, a breakdown of our typical team comp:
Xin/Renekton top; Brand mid; Sona support, with a ranged ADC. I am vague on the adc because the guy filling that role is still trying to find the one that he's best with and fits our Sona's playstyle. So far he's tried Graves and Ezreal most extensively. We also have a Nocturne jungle.

Our most common alternate setup is worse because two of our teammates are quite narrow in roles. It goes Xin/Renekton and Sona top, Malzahar mid, and Blitz/Darius bot. Our top and support are kind of inexperienced and haven't branched out to other roles yet (Though we've tried practicing with them, they just haven't found their niche yet).

Ovineer

09-25-2012

bump, always really helpful

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakumine View Post
I think things tend to go bad because we'll lose a teamfight and then that sets the tone for the rest of the match, we'll assume they are more powerful because of that win and then be hesitant to engage again and not want to go out into the jungle. (It's usually at this point we have turrets down.)

If it helps, a breakdown of our typical team comp:
Xin/Renekton top; Brand mid; Sona support, with a ranged ADC. I am vague on the adc because the guy filling that role is still trying to find the one that he's best with and fits our Sona's playstyle. So far he's tried Graves and Ezreal most extensively. We also have a Nocturne jungle.

Our most common alternate setup is worse because two of our teammates are quite narrow in roles. It goes Xin/Renekton and Sona top, Malzahar mid, and Blitz/Darius bot. Our top and support are kind of inexperienced and haven't branched out to other roles yet (Though we've tried practicing with them, they just haven't found their niche yet).
Oh man you are talking about arranged 5v5. that's a totally different beast from solo Q. Also you don't have a great team comp.

This will require a more extensive discussion and I would like others to have input as we are talking about it, so drop by the chat room tonight and we can see what we can do to improve your play. Maybe your team can do a scrim against mine and you can use it as a bit of a learning experience.

Nakumine

09-25-2012

Yea. I am shopping around the forums a lot for advice and just got some good input from Lethadind about our team comp. I will definitely stop by the chat room tonight, but I'm not certain if my whole team will be available (we have a raid in a different game tonight). At some point in the future though, a scrimmage would be awesome.

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2012

In another thread you had mentioned including Wit's End on your (jungle) Nautilus build. I've usually built more supporty aura items rather than damage in order to bring the max amount of utility while I'm ccing, disrupting, and generally being a pain in the other team's ass, but I'm open to other ideas so I'm curious what your build order for him typically looks like.

Bravest Leader

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
In another thread you had mentioned including Wit's End on your (jungle) Nautilus build. I've usually built more supporty aura items rather than damage in order to bring the max amount of utility while I'm ccing, disrupting, and generally being a pain in the other team's ass, but I'm open to other ideas so I'm curious what your build order for him typically looks like.
i usually get boots 5, philo, hog, aegis, FH, wits, shurelia and a counter build item. If the game goes long enough i turn hog into randuin but thats rare.

Bravest Leader

09-25-2012

bump for the evening

Creampye

09-25-2012

Bump

Gave me some good advice and some things to start working on to help my game.

Check him out in the Cardboardowl chat channel

AkimboGlitch

09-25-2012

really helpful advice. great philosophy. be sure to stop by

Nakumine

09-26-2012

Helped out a lot with getting my team set up with a game plan to follow and practice to, provided great advice and offered to scrimmage some matches so that we can practice in a friendly environment. Great guy :-)