if you need advice from a 2k elo player about anything in LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FaerellG

09-24-2012

Only 1? Where do you drop it?

I'm used to having to drop it at various entrances to watch for them coming in. Like, if I go after red, I ward at the tri-bush and the Wraith's bush because that's where they'll likely come at me from. Though I suppose that's too close, if they've closed to that distance they'll probably catch me. Red invade seems really risky due to the pathing. It's easy to get cut off. Any suggestions on that?

Owl Be Back

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
Only 1? Where do you drop it?

I'm used to having to drop it at various entrances to watch for them coming in. Like, if I go after red, I ward at the tri-bush and the Wraith's bush because that's where they'll likely come at me from. Though I suppose that's too close, if they've closed to that distance they'll probably catch me. Red invade seems really risky due to the pathing. It's easy to get cut off. Any suggestions on that?
What champs are you using? it matters alot.

FaerellG

09-24-2012

My standard junglers are Shen, Skarnar and Udyr.
Sometimes I jungle Amumu (I don't invade with him), and I used to play Nunu.

Shen is pretty easy to escape with, I can dash through walls and stuff.
But with Skarnar and Udyr, escape isn't much of an option if I get pinched and hit with any slows or stuns.

Hirumonogatari

09-24-2012

i'm not in a rush so i'll post here.

i find it infuriating that i get hit by skillshots all the time. well not all the time, but i'm very prone to them during the laning phase.

part of this is skill, but part of it is because i cannot predict the future. playing at 300 ping (thanks to us being located in oceania) means i have to predict at least 0.6 seconds in advance, not counting human reflexes. 0.3 seconds because the time it takes the skillshot to actually fire and you seeing it on your screen, and another 0.3 seconds before your input is registered onto the game.

this is especially evident with high-penalty skillshots like blitzcrank grabs. i'd see it coming out, move to the side, be right next to the fist, and still get grabbed anyway. it's absolutely infuriating because i'm often forced to miss cs because i predicted wrongly. (i.e. i expected the skillshot to come out, but it didn't. and i jsut missed one cs because i tried to dodge the non-existant skillshot)

if you could give some tips about how to predict skillshots correctly, it would be much appreciated.

FaerellG

09-24-2012

There's not much hope for dodging if you're playing with that much ping.
Your best bet is to stay behind minions and move erratically. If you're movement is hard to predict, then their skill shots will be harder to aim.

Hirumonogatari

09-24-2012

Quote:
There's not much hope for dodging if you're playing with that much ping.
Your best bet is to stay behind minions and move erratically. If you're movement is hard to predict, then their skill shots will be harder to aim.
i tried that. problem comes when there are few minions left in the wave (you know, when there are like 2 minions on each side)

moving erratically works sometime. but moving too much is bad because you might miss cs. (rmb the 0.6 second rule, it applies to cs too)

i'm sure something can be done about it, unless everyone playing from oceania is destined to play at a lower skill cap than the rest of the players.

Owl Be Back

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2012

Quote:
My standard junglers are Shen, Skarnar and Udyr.
Sometimes I jungle Amumu (I don't invade with him), and I used to play Nunu.

Shen is pretty easy to escape with, I can dash through walls and stuff.
But with Skarnar and Udyr, escape isn't much of an option if I get pinched and hit with any slows or stuns.
you want to ward the red, just come in and smite steal and get out. you should be able to get away with skarner and udyr, they are both quick as well, and clear fast. Just watch enemy laners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSZHUNG View Post
i'm not in a rush so i'll post here.

i find it infuriating that i get hit by skillshots all the time. well not all the time, but i'm very prone to them during the laning phase.

part of this is skill, but part of it is because i cannot predict the future. playing at 300 ping (thanks to us being located in oceania) means i have to predict at least 0.6 seconds in advance, not counting human reflexes. 0.3 seconds because the time it takes the skillshot to actually fire and you seeing it on your screen, and another 0.3 seconds before your input is registered onto the game.

this is especially evident with high-penalty skillshots like blitzcrank grabs. i'd see it coming out, move to the side, be right next to the fist, and still get grabbed anyway. it's absolutely infuriating because i'm often forced to miss cs because i predicted wrongly. (i.e. i expected the skillshot to come out, but it didn't. and i jsut missed one cs because i tried to dodge the non-existant skillshot)

if you could give some tips about how to predict skillshots correctly, it would be much appreciated.
Typically when I play a skillshot based champion, the best way to guarantee a hit is to shoot where someone is going to move to get a cs. Try moving erratically constantly so you are harder to predict, and try hiding behind minions as much as possible. Generally though, this is just practice. having a high ping is also bad. .5 seconds is an incredibly long time. In fighting games, that's like 30 frames. thats forever. you honestly should get that fixed, or switch to playing jungle where u dont need to dodge skillshots.

FaerellG

09-24-2012

Ok, I guess I'll just need to practice counter jungling and timing.

BarbeqdBrwniez

09-24-2012

Extremely helpful guy, never rude even about the stupidest of questions. Free bump/vote from me.

Bdag

09-24-2012

How crucial is smart cast?