if you need advice from a 2k elo player about anything in LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurnia View Post
Hi

I need some help. :/ I don't think I'm a bad player (not that I'm great or anything, but I think I'm better than Bronze IV), but obviously if I'm in Bronze IV there's something I'm missing. I can't figure out what I can work on improving to help me raise out of Bronze so that's why I need some other helps.

I main support. Lately I have been playing tons of Nami to learn her. I feel good with her now, so I will probably go back to switching it up with some of the other supports. I am very familiar with all the other supports except Lulu (okay with her but need to work on her more), Zyra (literally got her yesterday), and Thresh (don't have enough IP saved up for him yet). I have been playing since Season 1 on and off, depending on my workload in some past semesters.

Here is my lolking: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/24237679

Idk what else I could give you that could help you help me. I ward religiously. I rush sighstone, and pop them out everywhere. I buy pinks for dragon, Baron, and cloaked enemies in team fights. I am good about using my Locket (and Mikael's if I buy it). I think I have a good handle on zoning, though it's harder with some champs than others.

What can I do? @_@ Also, thanks. <3
stop thinking about what you are good at.
think about what you are bad at.

Aurnia

03-09-2013

I can't tell if you are saying that generally, or if you are telling me I should play something other than support.

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurnia View Post
I can't tell if you are saying that generally, or if you are telling me I should play something other than support.
I'm saying focusing on skills that you already have is pointless.

Focus on what your weaknesses are and you will improve as a player. I also can't really give you advice that I can be sure is accurate if all you tell me that you do is what you are good at.

Bravest Leader

03-12-2013

bump

Mojakeus

03-12-2013

In Season 2, I began playing ranked about the same time I reached level 30. I played about 20 games and lost most of them, putting me at 1000 elo. I stopped playing, then I wised up after about 500 normals and started playing far beyond a 1000 elo, not meaning to sound arrogant. I won some, but ultimately lost most of them and tried many things to get me out of it. In the end, I landed about 773 until I got so tired of LoL that I couldn't stand it, so I pretty much quit (also due to all the patches for S3).
Now, with a better chance in Season 3, I got a very good start. I won 8 out of my 10 provisional matches, and climbed to about 15 wins and 4 losses in Silver V with about 40 points. I really appreciated the good team communication, no trash talking, and general skill of my teams, but it started to change rapidly when I began to get feeders and pretty much just noobs. I won't even begin on the types of players I started to encounter, but basically I'm in Silver V still with 17 wins and 13 losses.
It's not that bad, I just can't carry my teams anymore. I don't mean that as if I'm the one guy that's like, "omg elo hell cant carry anymore teams 2 bad", I just mean I can't either get to the point where I'm fed enough to win, or to the point where my team and cooperate and push correctly and not get into sticky situations.
Basically, my question is, what can I do to promote communication and prevent arguments? I'm proficient at all the roles and can play them well without feeding, so I usually just call a preference in the Champ Select. Usually, my team breaks into fights about skill and who deserves what position more and all that, and some games they intentionally feed. I try to to calm them down, and I consistently ward and make use of the new pings, but it doesn't seem like it's enough. Some games I even play the role of "commander" and pretty much order my team to push and take dragon/baron and such, but usually there is so little communication it's impossible.

So, what can I do to enforce teamwork and ultimately win?

Bravest Leader

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojakeus View Post
In Season 2, I began playing ranked about the same time I reached level 30. I played about 20 games and lost most of them, putting me at 1000 elo. I stopped playing, then I wised up after about 500 normals and started playing far beyond a 1000 elo, not meaning to sound arrogant. I won some, but ultimately lost most of them and tried many things to get me out of it. In the end, I landed about 773 until I got so tired of LoL that I couldn't stand it, so I pretty much quit (also due to all the patches for S3).
Now, with a better chance in Season 3, I got a very good start. I won 8 out of my 10 provisional matches, and climbed to about 15 wins and 4 losses in Silver V with about 40 points. I really appreciated the good team communication, no trash talking, and general skill of my teams, but it started to change rapidly when I began to get feeders and pretty much just noobs. I won't even begin on the types of players I started to encounter, but basically I'm in Silver V still with 17 wins and 13 losses.
It's not that bad, I just can't carry my teams anymore. I don't mean that as if I'm the one guy that's like, "omg elo hell cant carry anymore teams 2 bad", I just mean I can't either get to the point where I'm fed enough to win, or to the point where my team and cooperate and push correctly and not get into sticky situations.
Basically, my question is, what can I do to promote communication and prevent arguments? I'm proficient at all the roles and can play them well without feeding, so I usually just call a preference in the Champ Select. Usually, my team breaks into fights about skill and who deserves what position more and all that, and some games they intentionally feed. I try to to calm them down, and I consistently ward and make use of the new pings, but it doesn't seem like it's enough. Some games I even play the role of "commander" and pretty much order my team to push and take dragon/baron and such, but usually there is so little communication it's impossible.

So, what can I do to enforce teamwork and ultimately win?
Never give up being the cheerleader

http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays...q=cardboardowl Wath those games where i Play rumble. One is just cardboardowl - rumble

the other is

carry feeders despite a bad attitude

Good examples of how to do this.

Hirumonogatari

03-14-2013

I've got a question about taking towers. There seems to be a bit of a double edged sword when it comes to bot lane tower. you don't want to push it down too early because it hurts your farm, but you should push and pressurize towers when the enemy is elsewhere.

say we see the enemy jungle camping top. mid just pinged that their mid is going top to help. that's 3 out of the enemy team going top. at bot lane, assuming roughly equal farm, should we be trying to push the lane as quick as possible and attack the tower? should we leave bot lane and try to push mid lane to take the mid tower? or should we do nothing and continue farming the lane?

i ask because taking the tower hurts your farming capability, but just continue farming means we're not penalizing the enemy team for focusing on top.

Bravest Leader

03-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSZHUNG View Post
I've got a question about taking towers. There seems to be a bit of a double edged sword when it comes to bot lane tower. you don't want to push it down too early because it hurts your farm, but you should push and pressurize towers when the enemy is elsewhere.

say we see the enemy jungle camping top. mid just pinged that their mid is going top to help. that's 3 out of the enemy team going top. at bot lane, assuming roughly equal farm, should we be trying to push the lane as quick as possible and attack the tower? should we leave bot lane and try to push mid lane to take the mid tower? or should we do nothing and continue farming the lane?

i ask because taking the tower hurts your farming capability, but just continue farming means we're not penalizing the enemy team for focusing on top.
past about 10 minutes, yes.

Hirumonogatari

03-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboardowl View Post
past about 10 minutes, yes.
i assume the yes was to taking the tower?

could i have a bit more detail / your reasoning behind it? thanks in advance

totalwar235

03-14-2013

im in silver 5 and have gotten to the point i am counter picking on my own and I caught a kayle going top. my team suggested a Ryze and i sort of agreed with them because of our AD heavy team. we didnt even start the game but I am wondering if this would be a viable option against kayle top.