if you need advice from a 2k elo player about anything in LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Holy Shen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

swag

Xx jawbreaker xX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboardowl View Post

Never play the lone wolf. It's a team game. Also, you get garbage teammates, and fight garbage opponents. The deck isn't magically stacked against you. You have 4 chances to get a bad ally, and 5 chances to get a bad opponent.

Also you call them noobs, but you dropped to 800 elo. That's pretty low, and you should keep that in perspective.

Under no circumstances should you call your teammates garbage or treat them as such. Don't focus on them, focus on yourself as a player.

If you start a game 10-0 and lose it is 100% your fault btw
When i say they are noobs, i'm not implying that i'm better than them as a person or putting them down, i simply mean that they are new to the game. And i like that 4 chance vs 5 chance thing :P. Thanks alot for responding man - i'll try to take in everything you said and use it to help myself improve. And i guess you're right, i just need to focus on me and stop worrying about the rest. Like my other high elo friend was telling me earlier, "the game is designed in such a way that you're not meant to win every game"... that combined with your input should help me work my way back up the ladder with a new found mind set.

OKAY, just 2 more scenarios:

a) We're at the 20 minute mark, i'm 10-0 as kog and the score is 11-12, le blanc is 7-1. If you're getting fed, do you buy items differently than you would if you were 2-2-1 ( a regular old game )? What i'm asking is, would you build defensively so that they don't start shutting you down or focusing you out? Or would you just build the regular old squishy dps build? I know items tend to be situational and that there are many other variables that should be considered but i'd still like a straight answer . Say at this point in the game you have beserker's greaves + bf sword and you have 3.6k to spend - what do you buy? Negatron cloak + finish infinity edge? Or finish infinity edge and start phantom dancer? Or...?

b) You pick kog(you're support picks sona) and you get countered by a thresh/blitz + mf combo[assuming this is a legitimate counter, if not substitute an adc like sivir]. The game starts and they are playing aggressive as all hell. Your jungling noct is tied up @ top&mid lane and won't respond to your calls for help(let's say this scenario is based off of a replay and we already know that noct isn't coming to gank for 5 minutes). Let's just forget about mid lane because your ahri is trolling you or something and even if he came, leblanc would follow and make things worse. Again, you can't farm and you don't wanna feed. What do you do? Do you simply sit underneath the turret, letting their mf get up 60 cs (12minions x 5mins.)? Is there anything less obvious that can be done in this position?

P.S. I'm definitely not saying i'm better than these noobs. Perhaps i belong in elo hell (or low elo - whatever you wanna call it)... But on the flip side, perhaps i dont o.o

OneTobi

01-28-2013

Why do people consider AD bruiser nidalee to be a better split pusher than AP carry nidalee?

Isn't Ap Nidalee better for split pushing because of stronger pounce/swipe?

Kavrae

01-28-2013

Any changes or advice on my Thresh setup?

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/29598189#history
Build: The three Thresh pvp games are a good example of my usual build.
Runes: Support page
Masteries: Tanky Support page

Still playing around with skill order. I like to max lantern first, but it doesn't do much good if my allies don't make use of it.

Bravest Leader

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx jawbreaker xX View Post
When i say they are noobs, i'm not implying that i'm better than them as a person or putting them down, i simply mean that they are new to the game. And i like that 4 chance vs 5 chance thing :P. Thanks alot for responding man - i'll try to take in everything you said and use it to help myself improve. And i guess you're right, i just need to focus on me and stop worrying about the rest. Like my other high elo friend was telling me earlier, "the game is designed in such a way that you're not meant to win every game"... that combined with your input should help me work my way back up the ladder with a new found mind set.

OKAY, just 2 more scenarios:

a) We're at the 20 minute mark, i'm 10-0 as kog and the score is 11-12, le blanc is 7-1. If you're getting fed, do you buy items differently than you would if you were 2-2-1 ( a regular old game )? What i'm asking is, would you build defensively so that they don't start shutting you down or focusing you out? Or would you just build the regular old squishy dps build? I know items tend to be situational and that there are many other variables that should be considered but i'd still like a straight answer . Say at this point in the game you have beserker's greaves + bf sword and you have 3.6k to spend - what do you buy? Negatron cloak + finish infinity edge? Or finish infinity edge and start phantom dancer? Or...?

b) You pick kog(you're support picks sona) and you get countered by a thresh/blitz + mf combo[assuming this is a legitimate counter, if not substitute an adc like sivir]. The game starts and they are playing aggressive as all hell. Your jungling noct is tied up @ top&mid lane and won't respond to your calls for help(let's say this scenario is based off of a replay and we already know that noct isn't coming to gank for 5 minutes). Let's just forget about mid lane because your ahri is trolling you or something and even if he came, leblanc would follow and make things worse. Again, you can't farm and you don't wanna feed. What do you do? Do you simply sit underneath the turret, letting their mf get up 60 cs (12minions x 5mins.)? Is there anything less obvious that can be done in this position?

P.S. I'm definitely not saying i'm better than these noobs. Perhaps i belong in elo hell (or low elo - whatever you wanna call it)... But on the flip side, perhaps i dont o.o
1st scenario, against a lb i would definitly pick up a negatron. It depends on whos fed.

2nd scenario, just farm behind minions. He cant possibly have that much presence since those lanes have no sustain and you out damage them as long as you dont get pulled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTobi View Post
Why do people consider AD bruiser nidalee to be a better split pusher than AP carry nidalee?

Isn't Ap Nidalee better for split pushing because of stronger pounce/swipe?

Nope. Ad is tankier, therefore safer when chased, secondly her auto attacks are stronger which are much better for towers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavrae View Post
Any changes or advice on my Thresh setup?

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/29598189#history
Build: The three Thresh pvp games are a good example of my usual build.
Runes: Support page
Masteries: Tanky Support page

Still playing around with skill order. I like to max lantern first, but it doesn't do much good if my allies don't make use of it.

Dont forsake kage. Max his Q first. More damage and less cd means more disruption and more threat.

on ur runes, drop the mana regen, get magic pen

Elodin

01-29-2013

Might have already answered this, but I'm too lazy to look.

How do I get my girlfriend, who is horrible at all video games minus kart racers and the occasional mario title (And even then, she's pretty lackluster at those) to learn how to play league? She gives up on things she "doesn't get" fairly easily and I get frustrated showing anybody how to play (Not just her) because I don't get how certain things like "Rank E first, then Q and take a point in your ult every chance you get with one point in W at 4" is complicated.

Any ideas?

Also: I recently got done playing Garen, once as Vi and once as Vlad. Both times I felt like there was literally nothing I could do but farm in lane, as I wasn't ever able to take Garen 1v1. Both times they built mostly tank. Should I just focus on out farming him? When playing Vlad I had around 40 more CS but he still mopped the floor with me if he ever caught me.

Bravest Leader

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elodin View Post
Might have already answered this, but I'm too lazy to look.

How do I get my girlfriend, who is horrible at all video games minus kart racers and the occasional mario title (And even then, she's pretty lackluster at those) to learn how to play league? She gives up on things she "doesn't get" fairly easily and I get frustrated showing anybody how to play (Not just her) because I don't get how certain things like "Rank E first, then Q and take a point in your ult every chance you get with one point in W at 4" is complicated.

Any ideas?

Also: I recently got done playing Garen, once as Vi and once as Vlad. Both times I felt like there was literally nothing I could do but farm in lane, as I wasn't ever able to take Garen 1v1. Both times they built mostly tank. Should I just focus on out farming him? When playing Vlad I had around 40 more CS but he still mopped the floor with me if he ever caught me.
I also taught my girlfriend how to play. It takes time and patience. If she gives up easy and you give up easy, it's never going to happen ever. Give her time to find a champion she loves, and she will enjoy league. stick to bots and customs for a while.

Second, garen is weak to kiting, and neither of those champions can really do that. Just out farm him and refuse to fight/get caught.

Kavrae

01-29-2013

Thanks. I'll try Kage as a second item before sightstone as well as the skill order change tonight. Might be able to set up the extra runepage if I have room.

OneTobi

01-29-2013

Just want to say this is my go to thread for all my questions, thank you CBO you're very helpful

Onto the question:
When playing Diana I typically build her:
Flask ward pot start -> Sorc boots -> 1-2 doran -> Haunting guise -> Abyssal -> Rabadon/Zhonya

With the new DFG (120 ap) and since I play Diana as a burst assassin, what are your thoughts on rushing DFG right after sorc boots/dorans and skipping Haunting guise (Liandry)

I also took your advice with using DFG instead of Haunting/Liandry on Elise... absolutely loving it.

I'm just concerned with getting DFG on Diana because if I miss the Q then I just loss a huge portion of my burst, while on Elise DFG combo is very easy to do.

Bravest Leader

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTobi View Post
Just want to say this is my go to thread for all my questions, thank you CBO you're very helpful

Onto the question:
When playing Diana I typically build her:
Flask ward pot start -> Sorc boots -> 1-2 doran -> Haunting guise -> Abyssal -> Rabadon/Zhonya

With the new DFG (120 ap) and since I play Diana as a burst assassin, what are your thoughts on rushing DFG right after sorc boots/dorans and skipping Haunting guise (Liandry)

I also took your advice with using DFG instead of Haunting/Liandry on Elise... absolutely loving it.

I'm just concerned with getting DFG on Diana because if I miss the Q then I just loss a huge portion of my burst, while on Elise DFG combo is very easy to do.
sry for the late reply i've been super busy lately IRL

Don't forsake a good build bc u are scared of missing a skill. learn a champion well and don't miss your skills.