if you need advice from a 2k elo player about anything in LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrVigglesworth

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboardowl View Post
black cleaver on shaco is very mediocre

I actually dont get wriggles ever, I get the BT first.

My order is usually
boots--> 3 longswords--->avarice blade-->brutalizer--->vamp-->shiv

So at 20 mins I usually have boots 5, shiv, brutalizer and vamp

at 30 mins I usually finish the brut into a ghost blade and the vamp into BT

then I build defensive from there on, but occasionally getting a wits end over a GA if im fed enough.
That seems like a really slow build. I've found AS is crucial mid game on Shaco.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Hmm... I haven't played much Shaco, but I feel like he's more of a caster then an autoattacker, which would make AS rather pointless on him. Hopefully OP has some more insight for you.

Hairyhulk

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
Hmm... I haven't played much Shaco, but I feel like he's more of a caster then an autoattacker, which would make AS rather pointless on him. Hopefully OP has some more insight for you.
Well obviously, an AP shaco won't benefit much from AS.
A crit-based AD shaco obviously would.

Cardboardowl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Quote:
Got any advice on runes for jungling Lee Sin?

The main pages I'm considering are AS/LS, and ArPen/LS. I also have pages with MS quints over LS, but I feel like the sustain from LS is helpful, and my mobility is strong enough without MS - correct me if I'm wrong, though.

I have a faster, safer clear with the AS page, but I'm not sure how well it scales, since Lee Sin seems like more of a caster then an autoattacker, which makes me think ArPen will scale better as the game progresses. Then again, ArPen is usually easy to itemize for, whereas I wouldn't bother with AS items, so maybe having the AS early is better?

Edit: Armor yellows and MR/level blues across all pages in question, if that's relevant.

Any other tips you have for Lee jungle would also be welcome - I'm currently struggling with the differences between his style and my more common junglers, Nocturne, Mundo, and Maokai being my three most commonly played junglers recently.
Im assuming LS means lifesteal. Drop that, your W gives u lifesteal and u should be getting wriggles or BT anyway. Stick with aspd

Lee is an aggressive jungler early, unlike noc mao and mundo. Make sure you make plays, gain momentum and keep it going throughout the whole game. Counter jungling on lee is good as well.

Sereg Anfaug

01-25-2013

Alright, thanks - I'll switch to the AS/MS page then.

Edit: Do you recommend starting W or E? I see most Pro Lee Sins start E, and I like the AOE from it, but W gives better sustain - are the clear times for the first two camps comparable? Or is the difference at that point not really an issue?

Cardboardowl

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVigglesworth View Post
That seems like a really slow build. I've found AS is crucial mid game on Shaco.
statik shiv gives you all you need generally
Quote:
Alright, thanks - I'll switch to the AS/MS page then.

Edit: Do you recommend starting W or E? I see most Pro Lee Sins start E, and I like the AOE from it, but W gives better sustain - are the clear times for the first two camps comparable? Or is the difference at that point not really an issue?
start E

JadothBloodreign

01-26-2013

This may be a rather odd question, but how do you go from being "that guy" (that person who always feeds and winds up useless all game) to a player who is capable of having a positive effect on the game's outcome?

Right now I'm so bad that other lanes come over to mine to get easy kills. I get crushed by level 20s and I made my team lose a 5v4 last night. I'm beginning to think I'm hopeless.

Cardboardowl

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadothBloodreign View Post
This may be a rather odd question, but how do you go from being "that guy" (that person who always feeds and winds up useless all game) to a player who is capable of having a positive effect on the game's outcome?

Right now I'm so bad that other lanes come over to mine to get easy kills. I get crushed by level 20s and I made my team lose a 5v4 last night. I'm beginning to think I'm hopeless.
Play one champion you love over and over until you know them in and out. Thats a good place to start.

Also, taking time to PRACTICE as opposed to taking time to PLAY

JadothBloodreign

01-26-2013

I've done that with Taric, now I'm trying it with Jayce. The problem is, I do so poorly that I can't win unless I'm being carried by better players. If I queue alone it's a guaranteed loss.

Kystys

01-26-2013

3 questions:

Who's a real good support that isn't made of glass? Kinda like Thresh and want to know if there are others who can support the team and not die suddenly.

Where's a good Kha'Zix build guide for jungling? Been a long while so I need to bone up.

What are the best 'new' items and what niche do the serve?