if you need advice from a 2k elo player about anything in LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

No worries mate

01-16-2013

Upvoted! Thanks for your help. It sounds like knowing one's role in a team fight would separate the good players from the bad.

Owl Be Back

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxGDoctor View Post
I'll ask in game but ill post here just in case.
My question is how do I kill more minions. It may sound extremely simple but my main role is adc and everyone says I dont get enough cs. I play Ezreal, Graves and Draven if that helps but Ezreal is my main.
forgive me if this is what you are doing, but try last hitting, not just mindlessly pushing the waves.

Learn how to hit minions under the tower as well, there is a pattern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No worries mate View Post
Upvoted! Thanks for your help. It sounds like knowing one's role in a team fight would separate the good players from the bad.
Incredibly accurate statement indeed

Thank you btw

Dillybear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

bump for you

Rograden

01-17-2013

Can I give you a replay and ask you to tell me what to do in my situation. I'm sure it's something really rudimentary but I just can't seem to understand...

vortical42

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboardowl View Post
Junglers
Champions with good flat physical damage and poor scaling

AD carries and champs with good physical scaling

Not to be rude, but that is NOT what is needed to be a passable jungler. For the record, almost every champion can jungle, but it doesn't mean they should. Stick to keeping ashe in lane.
I never said I expected Ashe to be top tier, I was imply curious whether it was possible to build her that way as a niche pick. In any case, to dig into this a little deeper, what would you consider the maximum acceptable first clear time for a jungler?

OneTobi

01-17-2013

What do you think of Haunting Guise on Diana?

These days most players seem to rush 1~2 Doran straight into Abyssal or DFG and skip Haunting entirely.

I used to build boots 3 -> 1-2 doran -> Haunting guise -> Abyssal -> Finish Liandry -> Zhonya

Owl Be Back

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rograden View Post
Can I give you a replay and ask you to tell me what to do in my situation. I'm sure it's something really rudimentary but I just can't seem to understand...
Link me to it and i can watch it and give you a break down minute by minute usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortical42 View Post
I never said I expected Ashe to be top tier, I was imply curious whether it was possible to build her that way as a niche pick. In any case, to dig into this a little deeper, what would you consider the maximum acceptable first clear time for a jungler?
I don't pay attention to clear times much anymore. you should generally stay equal to or above the level of your bot lane, and your farm should usually be close to that of your solo lanes, depending on the jungler.

If you are going to jungle with ashe and just very determined to do so, build like normal, but with a wriggles instead of a BT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTobi View Post
What do you think of Haunting Guise on Diana?

These days most players seem to rush 1~2 Doran straight into Abyssal or DFG and skip Haunting entirely.

I used to build boots 3 -> 1-2 doran -> Haunting guise -> Abyssal -> Finish Liandry -> Zhonya
I think it is great on her as long as you time it with your E to get the slow to get bonus dmg on liandrys

SandKingFromDoTa

01-17-2013

what are the mechanics and things that I have to learn in order to raise elo? I play ADC at 1300 elo. Can you give me an indepth review of what the important things an adc should do and not do and things that you see high elo players do but not low?

Awsar

01-17-2013

im gonna give you a bump just cause i like what your doing

(Bump)

Owl Be Back

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandKingFromDoTa View Post
what are the mechanics and things that I have to learn in order to raise elo? I play ADC at 1300 elo. Can you give me an indepth review of what the important things an adc should do and not do and things that you see high elo players do but not low?
Learn to cs. a Good mark to be at around 10 minutes is 80 cs.

Learn to position. The enemy team has champions specifically designed to kill you as much as possible. The better you place yourself, the harder it is for them.

Learn the style of laning that your champ demands. It also depends on the support you have.

Learn how to build properly. Sometimes you need a BT, sometimes you need an inf. Sometimes you need GA AND a BV. one defense wont cut it.

Learn how to play when you are already behind. Conversly, learn your limits when you are ahead. most people throw when they think they are stronger than they are.

In teamfights, hit whoever you can hit safely. If you are playing well, focusing the tank isnt a bad thing if its your only option. he will die anyway. Trying to focus another carry who positions well is suicide. only focus the squishy if he is just as easy to hit.