if you need advice from a 2k elo player about anything in LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bad Player

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Which champs take AS marks, which champs take ArPen marks, and which champs take AD marks?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vortical42

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Here is a question that has been bugging me lately. On paper, Ashe looks like she has everything needed to be a passable jungler. She has a multi-target slow (and a single target stun after level 6). Hawkshot gives her brush checking and bonus gold. Her passive means almost a garaunteed crit on the first target she hits during a gank.

What I'm finding when I actually try her though is that her clear time is so slow that you end up underleveled, and never get a chance to take advantage of all those ganking tools. Do you think it's possible to find a build that allows Ashe to jungle or is it a lost cause?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bad Player

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortical42 View Post
Here is a question that has been bugging me lately. On paper, Ashe looks like she has everything needed to be a passable jungler. She has a multi-target slow (and a single target stun after level 6). Hawkshot gives her brush checking and bonus gold. Her passive means almost a garaunteed crit on the first target she hits during a gank.

What I'm finding when I actually try her though is that her clear time is so slow that you end up underleveled, and never get a chance to take advantage of all those ganking tools. Do you think it's possible to find a build that allows Ashe to jungle or is it a lost cause?
Ashe is an ADC, which means she has a weak earlygame but scales really well with items. Even if her kit looks like it'd be good for jungling, she doesn't have the base stats necessary to clear the jungle effectively (leading to a slow clear time and falling behind in levels).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTobi View Post
Another question:

What do you think of this Elise build (these days HP stacking seems to be popular)

I used to build HP + AP Elise like an assassin but she seems a little lackluster compared to other ap bruiser/carries.

New build: Triple penetration items (Sorc boots, haunting, Abyssal), Sunfire, Warmog, Randuin/GA/Bulwark/FH
I commonly see elise rush liandrys, abyssal and tank items. It seems quite effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No worries mate View Post
Question: Full 5v5 team fights are incredibly chaotic. When everyone starts blowing their cool downs at the same time I have no clue what I should be doing. Example: last game as malzahar all I did in fights was try to land q and w on as many people as possible with no real goal in mind. How to get better at these big 5v5 fights?
The key to effective teamfighting is to know your role and your job. If you are malzahar your job is to absolutely destroy one persons health. Preferable a squishy if possible. Aside from that, try to keep mages silenced.

As someone like nautilus your job is to keep carries alive, focus on that.

As akali ur job is to kill seperated/important targets. etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadPlayer6 View Post
Which champs take AS marks, which champs take ArPen marks, and which champs take AD marks?
Junglers
Champions with good flat physical damage and poor scaling

AD carries and champs with good physical scaling
Quote:
Originally Posted by vortical42 View Post
Here is a question that has been bugging me lately. On paper, Ashe looks like she has everything needed to be a passable jungler. She has a multi-target slow (and a single target stun after level 6). Hawkshot gives her brush checking and bonus gold. Her passive means almost a garaunteed crit on the first target she hits during a gank.

What I'm finding when I actually try her though is that her clear time is so slow that you end up underleveled, and never get a chance to take advantage of all those ganking tools. Do you think it's possible to find a build that allows Ashe to jungle or is it a lost cause?
Not to be rude, but that is NOT what is needed to be a passable jungler. For the record, almost every champion can jungle, but it doesn't mean they should. Stick to keeping ashe in lane.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bad Player

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboardowl View Post
Champions with good flat physical damage and poor scaling.
Could you give a few examples of champs like this? And thanks for the answers!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolfaen

Member

01-16-2013

I'm looking for some guidance on Udyr. The way I like to play Udyr is maxing pheonix stance first and having high mobility + AS + Tank. Mobility boots is always my first buy because having that increased movement speed early in the game surprises people and usually results in many successful ganks. I can also move from lane to lane extremely quickly. Then I move onto Philo Stone, and Sightstone(typically). The rest depends on their team, but standard items are wit's end, frozen heart, and warmogs.

My question is about Iceborn guantlets and Zephyr. I'm considering trading out frozen heart for Iceborn guantlets and wit's end for Zephyr. The reason I see this being beneficial is because Iceborn guantlets has the AOE slow built in on activated abilites. Udyr is a ability spammer and this slow could be extremely useful in team fights. This item still give armor, mana, CDR, and some AP on top of all that as well. Zephyr seems like a good trade for wits end, mainly because the stats seem more beneficial for Udyr unless the team you are going against is extremely AP heavy. Zephyr gives more AS, Movement speed, CDR, AD, and the best, tenacity. I do not buy merc treads so this would be a big benefit.

The downfall of these items is that I lose out on some defensive resistances, but gain more offensive power. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this to see if you think the gains outweigh the loses.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadPlayer6 View Post
Could you give a few examples of champs like this? And thanks for the answers!
sion skarner maybe noc not sure on that one tho. flat ad is generally better. Also ill answer all day, dont forget to upvote if you havent! almost up to 100 votes


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfaen View Post
I'm looking for some guidance on Udyr. The way I like to play Udyr is maxing pheonix stance first and having high mobility + AS + Tank. Mobility boots is always my first buy because having that increased movement speed early in the game surprises people and usually results in many successful ganks. I can also move from lane to lane extremely quickly. Then I move onto Philo Stone, and Sightstone(typically). The rest depends on their team, but standard items are wit's end, frozen heart, and warmogs.

My question is about Iceborn guantlets and Zephyr. I'm considering trading out frozen heart for Iceborn guantlets and wit's end for Zephyr. The reason I see this being beneficial is because Iceborn guantlets has the AOE slow built in on activated abilites. Udyr is a ability spammer and this slow could be extremely useful in team fights. This item still give armor, mana, CDR, and some AP on top of all that as well. Zephyr seems like a good trade for wits end, mainly because the stats seem more beneficial for Udyr unless the team you are going against is extremely AP heavy. Zephyr gives more AS, Movement speed, CDR, AD, and the best, tenacity. I do not buy merc treads so this would be a big benefit.

The downfall of these items is that I lose out on some defensive resistances, but gain more offensive power. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this to see if you think the gains outweigh the loses.
Udyrs biggest weakness is being kited by slows. I would swap your mobility boots for boots of swiftness and pick up zephyr for sure. ice born is good if you are getting lots of hp, and you get mogs already. I would round out with a spirit visage for more mr and pick up a trinity for all around damage


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolfaen

Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboardowl View Post
Udyrs biggest weakness is being kited by slows. I would swap your mobility boots for boots of swiftness and pick up zephyr for sure. ice born is good if you are getting lots of hp, and you get mogs already. I would round out with a spirit visage for more mr and pick up a trinity for all around damage
Thank you, I appreciate your help. Upvote!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nightwhite3

Senior Member

01-16-2013

I'll ask in game but ill post here just in case.
My question is how do I kill more minions. It may sound extremely simple but my main role is adc and everyone says I dont get enough cs. I play Ezreal, Graves and Draven if that helps but Ezreal is my main.