if you need advice from a 2k elo player about anything in LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Owl Be Back

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTobi View Post
Would you recommend taking E or W as Riven at level 2?

I try to rush level 2 and go for quick burst with Q+AA combo, ignite, and I usually end up taking E at level 2 (quick engage without flash + enemy minion OP at early level)
I recommend W if you are even or ahead. E if you are behind

Azellos

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoNite View Post
Hello, I main support and am intrigued by these:

What is so good about Lulu in top elo/tourneys? Her win rate isn't even that high.

On the flip side, why isn't Taric picked/banned in top elo/tourneys? He is considered by many as the best support and has the highest win rate.
I also play a lot of support, including taric/lulu. Here's my thoughts:

Taric does provide some solid benefits. He has a strong heal, a strong aoe damage buff, an awesome armor-giving aura, and obviously that stun! Both on paper and in practice, those are solid advantages for him and his team.

But let's not forget how predictable taric is. He is always going to stun the biggest threat (ex- nunu ult, ad carry if possible, etc), then try to walk up and W/R them.Heal when possible. That's literaly all he can do in a fight. His W/ult require him to be in melee range, and he moves veeeeery slow. He's incredibly kitable and harassable, which is a very important thing to consider in some comps. Many people take taric vs cait/nunu to interrupt the nunu ult, but the problem is taric has such a hard time just getting to cait. He really has to bank on his adc a lot in that specific situation.

Compare that to Lulu. Lulu doesn't have that kitable issue because she has a movement speed buff (or polymorph), a very powerful slow, and RANGE. Plus she's significantly less predictable. As opposed to taric who is always going to do the same E/W/R combo (so if your playing ez, just E out when he stuns), lulu basically has 7 different skills altogether. She can do a lot more baiting, harassing, and general supporting than taric can. She can do decent damage early-mid game, and keep a carry alive better than anyone else with her ult/shield combo. Plus her poke is godly and her polymorph rocks.

Even compare that to leona: her cc is also incredible. As opposed to taric's one stun, leona has a gap-closing root (hence not nearly as kitable), an instant stun (take that ezreal), and an awesome aoe stun/slow ult. Plus she's even tankier than taric is. Especially towards end game, leona's cc (which can win games), will be more useful than taric's auras.

Owl Be Back

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azellos View Post
I also play a lot of support, including taric/lulu. Here's my thoughts:

Taric does provide some solid benefits. He has a strong heal, a strong aoe damage buff, an awesome armor-giving aura, and obviously that stun! Both on paper and in practice, those are solid advantages for him and his team.

But let's not forget how predictable taric is. He is always going to stun the biggest threat (ex- nunu ult, ad carry if possible, etc), then try to walk up and W/R them.Heal when possible. That's literaly all he can do in a fight. His W/ult require him to be in melee range, and he moves veeeeery slow. He's incredibly kitable and harassable, which is a very important thing to consider in some comps. Many people take taric vs cait/nunu to interrupt the nunu ult, but the problem is taric has such a hard time just getting to cait. He really has to bank on his adc a lot in that specific situation.

Compare that to Lulu. Lulu doesn't have that kitable issue because she has a movement speed buff (or polymorph), a very powerful slow, and RANGE. Plus she's significantly less predictable. As opposed to taric who is always going to do the same E/W/R combo (so if your playing ez, just E out when he stuns), lulu basically has 7 different skills altogether. She can do a lot more baiting, harassing, and general supporting than taric can. She can do decent damage early-mid game, and keep a carry alive better than anyone else with her ult/shield combo. Plus her poke is godly and her polymorph rocks.

Even compare that to leona: her cc is also incredible. As opposed to taric's one stun, leona has a gap-closing root (hence not nearly as kitable), an instant stun (take that ezreal), and an awesome aoe stun/slow ult. Plus she's even tankier than taric is. Especially towards end game, leona's cc (which can win games), will be more useful than taric's auras.
pretty good analysis

OneTobi

01-15-2013

What do you think is a good item order for Riven in these situations:
1) Team is doing well and I am ahead of the other top laner
2) Team is doing horribly and I am behind in kills/cs compared to other top laner

-Assuming that in both situations I start with boots + 3pots, and lets say the opposing team is balanced in AD and AP

I typically build like this: Boots 3pots -> doran (if needed) -> Brutalizer -> Vampiric -> Cleaver -> BT -> 2nd tier boots -> BT -> GA/Randuins

Not sure if that's the optimum way to play every single game

Owl Be Back

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTobi View Post
What do you think is a good item order for Riven in these situations:
1) Team is doing well and I am ahead of the other top laner
2) Team is doing horribly and I am behind in kills/cs compared to other top laner

-Assuming that in both situations I start with boots + 3pots, and lets say the opposing team is balanced in AD and AP

I typically build like this: Boots 3pots -> doran (if needed) -> Brutalizer -> Vampiric -> Cleaver -> BT -> 2nd tier boots -> BT -> GA/Randuins

Not sure if that's the optimum way to play every single game
If you are ahead I would rush that BT asap.

If you are behind, I would probably go for cleaver first. The armor shred, bit of tankyness, and bit of cdr help you get a little bit of everything in a situation when you have nothing.

Thats a decent build too, but I usually never get dorans.

OneTobi

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboardowl View Post
If you are ahead I would rush that BT asap.

If you are behind, I would probably go for cleaver first. The armor shred, bit of tankyness, and bit of cdr help you get a little bit of everything in a situation when you have nothing.

Thats a decent build too, but I usually never get dorans.
Thanks for all the great advice!

What are your thoughts on starting pots + wards, or flask + pots for top/mid lane.

For example, I was thinking of going 9pot (combination of hp and mp) and ward with Diana, as opposed to 'standard' boot 3

HermitDeCrab

01-16-2013

Personally i think there are much better ways of gaining sustain than just pots, once you use a potion that gold is gone, but if you instead by boots (to dodge skill shots) or armor (to take less damage), not only do you get a continued benefit of that item/gold but you can also build it into something else.

Also, when considering flask, remember that with this patch tonight that the price of the flask is going up to 345 (i think). So that is something to consider when using it as a starting item.

OneTobi

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermitDeCrab View Post
Personally i think there are much better ways of gaining sustain than just pots, once you use a potion that gold is gone, but if you instead by boots (to dodge skill shots) or armor (to take less damage), not only do you get a continued benefit of that item/gold but you can also build it into something else.

Also, when considering flask, remember that with this patch tonight that the price of the flask is going up to 345 (i think). So that is something to consider when using it as a starting item.
Thank you, yeah with the recent flask 'nerf' I feel like it's a money sink.

OneTobi

01-16-2013

Another question:

What do you think of this Elise build (these days HP stacking seems to be popular)

I used to build HP + AP Elise like an assassin but she seems a little lackluster compared to other ap bruiser/carries.

New build: Triple penetration items (Sorc boots, haunting, Abyssal), Sunfire, Warmog, Randuin/GA/Bulwark/FH

No worries mate

01-16-2013

Question: Full 5v5 team fights are incredibly chaotic. When everyone starts blowing their cool downs at the same time I have no clue what I should be doing. Example: last game as malzahar all I did in fights was try to land q and w on as many people as possible with no real goal in mind. How to get better at these big 5v5 fights?