Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

if you need advice from a 2k elo player about anything in LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Owl Be Back

01-05-2013

Quote:
froz33n:
hey can u give me a quick run on how to play/build casiopia??

rylai rabaondon wota liandrys is core. Not necessarily in that order though.

Max ur Q then ur fang (i think the fang is the e). Use your ult as a defense maneuver and you probably wont miss its stun.

Poke em down to about half, then when you have that take advantage of your speed and aggression to finish em off.
Quote:
NefariousNomad:
It seems playing aggressive and capitalizing on their mistakes is the way to go at my elo.My problem is when they have complete aggrssive runes and little defense they kick the **** outta me, regardless of how I try to adapt to their build.

Yet if I go completely offensive and try to be a lane bully, I die.... fast because no defense.Suggestions? Are there general statements that you can make to help? Thanks.

This is in reference to all lanes by the way. Even the lanes where I counter my opposition, me being aggressive just doesn't work. Streams or videos to watch, with commentary?

This is a bit of a complicated problem, and I can't be sure without seeing you but here are a bunch of potential things are doing wrong...

1. You are fighting without minion advantage
2. You are picking champions with NO inherent tankyness and poor early game base values
3. You are getting counter picked
4. You just fight them as soon as you see them with no regard to timing

Some stuff you could do to fix it

1. Fight between the enemy cooldowns
2. Buy lots of extra potions, trade, heal and trade again
3. poke without actually getting hit back
4. Simply dont fight and wait for a gank
5. Commit

I'll be streaming tonight! Join my chat channel for the link, because it won't be in the usual spot.

Stravvberries

Recruiter

01-06-2013

I recently dropped from 1400 to 1200

I win my always win my lane, try to help other lanes, and aim the right targets in team fights. However, it seems my team is always missing some chemistry and we always fail in the late game.

Either a team mate gets caught, or we just somehow lose the teamfights.

I know it is wrong to just point my finger that my team every game. But are there more things that I can do to ensure that all my team mates listen to me? It seems with a little cooperation we could easily get the global objectives or win the teamfights.

Perhaps you could help me out with some advice? Even just general elo climbing advice would be greatly appreciated.

On a separate note, what do I do if all of the other lanes lose? What is the best way to make the best out of that situation?

Btw I play Top and Mid (or jungle when I can't get those two roles).

Xtazed

01-06-2013

i'd like to know if you personally believe summoner heal is still a good option on ad carries.

Owl Be Back

01-07-2013

Quote:
Xtazed:
i'd like to know if you personally believe summoner heal is still a good option on ad carries.

very very seldom. but seldom is still sometimes a yes.

Owl Be Back

01-07-2013

Quote:
Warpgates:
I recently dropped from 1400 to 1200

I win my always win my lane, try to help other lanes, and aim the right targets in team fights. However, it seems my team is always missing some chemistry and we always fail in the late game.

Either a team mate gets caught, or we just somehow lose the teamfights.

I know it is wrong to just point my finger that my team every game. But are there more things that I can do to ensure that all my team mates listen to me? It seems with a little cooperation we could easily get the global objectives or win the teamfights.

Perhaps you could help me out with some advice? Even just general elo climbing advice would be greatly appreciated.

On a separate note, what do I do if all of the other lanes lose? What is the best way to make the best out of that situation?

Btw I play Top and Mid (or jungle when I can't get those two roles).

Generally if you do well people listen to you as well. Do good and they will follow. be nice about it as well.

Gank the other lanes. If you dominate yours hard enough the feed will spill out all over the map.

Also since you asked for general tips, I have a thread made just for that. --> http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2895902

Owl Be Back

01-08-2013

bump for tuesday

OneTobi

01-08-2013

What would you recommend for Evelynn item order?

Typically I go boots 3, then maybe Kage's pick (depending on how I am doing), rush straight into DFG, then finish mobility boots.

Some people recommend building Haunting guise, I usually dont buy HG because it delays DFG

Ghyrt

01-08-2013

Would you ever recommend Morellonomicon on Ziggs? What do you think about this build?:

2x Doran Ring, Chalice, Sorceror's Shoes, Haunting Guise, Liandry's, Rylai's, Rabadon, Athene, Morellonomicon

Owl Be Back

01-08-2013

Quote:
Ghyrt:
Would you ever recommend Morellonomicon on Ziggs? What do you think about this build?:

2x Doran Ring, Chalice, Sorceror's Shoes, Haunting Guise, Liandry's, Rylai's, Rabadon, Athene, Morellonomicon

Drop liandrys and get void staff
Drop Rylai and get zhonya
Drop morello and get lichbane

Quote:
OneTobi:
What would you recommend for Evelynn item order?

Typically I go boots 3, then maybe Kage's pick (depending on how I am doing), rush straight into DFG, then finish mobility boots.

Some people recommend building Haunting guise, I usually dont buy HG because it delays DFG

Liandrys first THEN dfg. let kage make you a bit of money.

Ghyrt

01-08-2013

Quote:
Cardboardowl:
Drop liandrys and get void staff
Drop Rylai and get zhonya
Drop morello and get lichbane

Thank you. What would you recommend if I'm having trouble getting Ziggs safely in autoattack range (because of lack of team coordination, lots of gap closers on enemy team, etc.)?